e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is interesting. I do wonder who's Mitamamon is. But of course I'm busy trying to Mega evo a lot of what I have. Megas make the game easier to play now. I tend to win every other match. I wonder if everyone is getting a new evo.
It’s either a soul given form or a fox goddess from the name origin, possibly both.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Assuming it's Kudamon's Ultimate, Mitamamon's name probably comes from Uka-no-Mitama, AKA Inari Okami, the agricultural god of foxes.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I already love Mitamamon. We don't have nearly enough Eastern-style dragon Digimon for my liking. I think it's just Ryudamon's line, Qinglongmon, Huanglongmon, Majiramon, arguably Airdramon, and Dracomon has a mix of Eastern and Western elements.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are a lot of Digimon with Eastern dragon-style bodies. They're just not explicitly Eastern, beyond body-shape. Holydramon and Valdurmon have Eastern-style serpentine horned bodies, combined with bestial and avian elements respectively. Megidramon and Goddramon are more naga-style (Hindu/Buddhist dragons), but still technically East Asian; Goddramon especially.

riderdimension

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we know Mitamamon’s a God Beast Digimon? Maybe it’s just my phone, but the pictures are so tiny it’s hard to read or make out any details.
Its profile in the magazine is as follows:
"デジコア以外の実体が存在せず触れることができない、神獣型デジモン!"

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Assuming it's Kudamon's Ultimate, Mitamamon's name probably comes from Uka-no-Mitama, AKA Inari Okami, the agricultural god of foxes.

Huh fox god. Mitamamon completely lacked any fox parts not even fox ears or tails. It looked more of... Well weasel spirit dragon to me.
What does Uka-no-Mitama/Inari Okami do in this tale?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Huh fox god. Mitamamon completely lacked any fox parts not even fox ears or tails. It looked more of... Well weasel spirit dragon to me.
What does Uka-no-Mitama/Inari Okami do in this tale?
Kudamon also looks like a weasel but it’s a pipe fox, a familiar fox spirit kept in bamboo pipes.

Inari flies though the skies of Japan, shapeshifting and using her familiar foxes to bring luck and prosperity while humbling the wicked. She especially protects farmers, prostitutes, and craftsmen and puts out fires.

Mitamamon’s little profile says it’s an insubstantial illusory god beast Digimon that cant be touched, except for its Digicore.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So [Anniversary] is the new suffix for new Digimon species. Mode Change, X-Antibody, Level name, (Color), (Attribute), X-number, letters (GX), random word (Promote), X's Kizuna, and now [Anniversary]. Am I forgetting anything?

When I saw Mitamamon right next to the image of the Holy Beasts I thought "Wait, a new Holy Beast? And these colors... It's Bakumon's Ultimate, inspired by Maki's Bakumon in tri.!", but then I read all the comments and it's more likely to be Mayu's Ultimate. Well, with NoblePumpmon, HeavyLeomon, and now Mitamamon, I'm curious what they'll do for Michi's Tailmon and Chihiro's Lopmon.

And since I didn't comment on Pendulum Z, I'll do so now. I'm surprised by all the new Digimon they made out of the blue. Feels like we're in the middle of a renaissance for the franchise. Now all that's left is the return of console games introducing new Digimon as the main Partners again.

I wonder if any of these Pendulum Z will appear in Adventure:. Maybe one of them is the Partner of a ninth Chosen. Or would they prefer a completely new design for that?

If it was debuting in the nightmare soldiers vpet with tapirmon in there that could've been the reasoning but since it's rearise it'll be related to one of the main characters since I don't think rearise would have random one off Megas unrelated to the main casts partners. Altho maybe tapirmon will be in that vpet and this will be a possible mega for it.

Also lopmon either won't get to mega or will just be Cherubimon. It's not really done anything since debuting.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah already read that tiny profile.

Hmm sounds like it's good random evo for Sakuyamon/Kuzuhamon Miko mode to slide evo or "Super Ultimate" due to her protection spell techniques.

I guess having some certain Digimon with names come from japanese myth easily reach "supreme" titles like Susanoomon being Ultimate despite made up of the whole Legendary Warriors and this Mitamamon's Type, "God Beast". Huh maybe I could be wrong.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Liking Mitamamon already. Like a poster previously said, it really does feel like a Renaissance of sorts for the franchise with them releasing the Pendulum Z and now this.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well guess that confirms Ghosmon is rookie. Shucks.
Considering the promotional image for the pendulum Z listed the Digimon in order of Level and by Family, Ghosmon was very likely going to be Child Level. The only thing that kept this from being confirmed outright from the start was it being the only Nightmare Soldier on the promo image.

Last edited:

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I agree with the common sentiment that Mitamon will be Kudamon’s new ultimate evo in ReArise. Love the design too. I imagine that his line will be included in the Virus Busters Z.

I’m glad to see the Four Holy Beasts getting some love! I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say we will be getting all the Warriors 10, Four Great Dragons, and the Four Holy Beasts in the Pendulum Z.

I also think Imperialdramon (Dragon mode) might be my first GEM statue. I think they captured his old school ferocity quite well.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
May I ask where is this Mitamamon 3D image come from?

First time a digimon with heterochromia eyes even plus third eye with different color? Not sure what to call this.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah no wonder I had trouble searching. Thx