Digimon in April V-Jump- Kizuna, Survive, ReArise Season 2, & Card Game Update (with : art!)

seamor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What if Miu's partner is a big Digimon like, say, Renamon?

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those power level posts made me lol. As if 20,000 + 20,000 isn’t greater than 26,000.
This is true.

Maybe Agumon bond of Courage (20,000) and Gabumon bond of Friendship (20,000) are slightly weaker than Omegamon (21,000). However, they will be a lot stronger if they fight together.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So they beat Eosmon up by ganging up together? XD I bet having the duo is probably tearing off her OP abilities and barrier shield separately to get though her where Omegamon's attacks cannot reach her. Or it's just normal power up to beat her...

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anything is stronger if you stack power of course, I mean come on. Really? If you add the powers of two or more separate characters against one individual than yeah. That's like taking two Adult level Digimon in the old Hyper Colosseum game at 450 base power and saying together they surpass Alphamon at 850 or something like that. Lol. Doesn't work like that.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make honestly. You can stack powers to the moon and with enough you can take down anything. That was the whole argument against Xros Wars. There was never really any development and when an opponent was too tough they just threw more and more Digimon on to the pile. Sounds like a plot device designed to push this film and sell more stuff. I don't see the need for them to exist but I'll wait and see what these two are about.

To answer the question earlier, I don't know yet what Taichi and Yamato's cards from Last Evolution in this game actually do yet or if something is gained playing them with these two but again this was just a simple comparison that individually I thought they'd surpass what's been there and established for 20 years but so far I'm not feeling it with them at all.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would think, being the Omegamon fanboy you are, that you’d be glad he wasn’t getting upstaged. But anyway, it’s a weird thing to complain about. It’s not like game stats mean anything outside a specific game.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still don’t know anything about how the Battle Spirits game works, but the V-Jump page does show CB11’s Yamato, Gabumon, and the new Gabumon - Bond of Friendship being used in tandem.

Not sure how reliable these translations are but the Battle Spirits wiki says the Taichi card increases destruction effects by 5000 BP, while the Agumon - Bond of Courage card has a destruction effect on any card with 15000 or less BP. So now that effect can destroy any spirit with 20,000 or less BP, and gains a level of protection (can only be prevented by Heavy Armour/Ultra Amour) when the Taichi card is active.

When an opposing spirit is destroyed, the Taichi card allows you to “refresh” a red Ultimate (Mega) spirit (like the new Agumon, WarGreymon, Omegamon, etc.), while the Agumon - Bond of Courage card sends an opposing life to the reserve.

There’s even more to it since the Agumon - Bond of Courage spirit has one more effect that I don’t even understand involving Agumon cards, the Taichi’s Agumon card has an effect that can net you a Taichi and red Digimon spirits faster, etc. Keep in mind some of these effects are Level 1 and some are Level 2 and above (don’t really know how this works).

Tl;dr, the cards are meant to work together to be good, I think. Had time to go through the card list on the wiki but far from enough to learn the game lol. No idea if, for example, the Omegamon cards have similar effects that work well with other cards in a similar manner, or if this is specifically a “Kizuna” thing.

taz111

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really love these designs of the new evolutions. They are simple and not over the top with many robotic guns etc. One of the main reasons I LOVE Omegamon's designs when I first saw it. Would've been Icing on the cake if the the guys were bio-merged inside of them. Can't win it all.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like Gabumon Bond really have dark skin. Now that's pretty unique...

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really getting sold on these two now the more I learn about them. I've been working on translating Re-146 and Re-147 for the Hyper Colosseum from a high resolution Twitter pic someone took after buying the set at the showing of the film.

If I'm right these two are incredibly powerful and their abilities are amazing and pretty much a game ender.

What stood out to me is that both their type and attribute are unknown and their abilities all but one are written abilities, not those marked with '◎' which means the only one that can be taken away by the opponent is their ability to take away the opponent's special abilities. Their defense is insanely high and their A, B & C Attacks cannot become 0.

Both have Appearance Requirements, not Fusion or evolution.

Re- 146 reads "When you're Agumon and have Yagami Taichi in your hand, move Yagami Taichi to your support box and make this card appear (in battle only). Yagami Taichi will remain in the support box with this card." Re-03t Yagami Taichi.

Re-147 Gabumon -Bond of Friendship- is the same with Ishida Yamato. Re-07t.

Re-146 Agumon -Bond of Courage-

Special Abilities:
Regardless of the opponent's battle type, you can make your attack A or C
When you win the battle further reduce the opponent's points by 20
◎The opponent loses their special abilities.

Belongs to Virus Busters Family
"Unknown" Type and Attribute

A, B, and C cannot go to zero.
Support power adds +800 to Gabumon -Bond of Friendship-

A Attack - Str-lash Salamander 990; B Attack - Red Reamer 950; C Attack - Guard (A→0) 900

Re-147 Gabumon -Bond of Friendship-

Special Abilities:
Regardless of the opponent's battle type, you can make your attack B or C
If you win the battle, send 20 cards from the opponent's net to the dark area

Support power adds +800 to Agumon -Bond of Courage-

A Attack - Red Luster 970; B Attack - Full Metal Machine Gun 970; C Attack - Guard (A→0) 910

The thing I find interesting about this, if I'm accurate, is the part where it states they "will remain in the support box with this card." Now when the effects of those cards become active as well that's intriguing. If they do Yamato doesn't really help out Gabumon much considering there's nothing higher than an Ultimate level in the game, but Taichi, if his card's effects do come into play, then if you used Taichi to make Agumon -Bond of Courage- appear and you won the battle not only would you further reduce their lost points by 20 but you'd double their original lost points to begin with.

These two are really incredible in the Hyper Colosseum if played together with their human partners especially. I'm planning on getting them both. Gabumon sending 20 cards from the opponent's net ocean to the dark area, once their net is empty the opponent cannot refill their hand. These two are going to be insanely hard to beat.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Eh? Even their appearances are extremely obvious to confirm their Type/Attributes yet you say it's Unknown at both Type/Attribute? What the hades, man?

Those Bond cards are sure powerful and stronger. Those attack powers... Even Guard power reached over 900. The evolution requirement you mentioned is pretty unique huh? So any "Agumon/Gabumon" cards will do?

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's right, these two have an "Unknown" Type and Attribute just as Eosmon (Adult) does who is Re-148 in this set. Both are A Battle Types.

Since they both have appearance requirements they appear in battle only during the battle phase, not during the evolution phase as those with evolution or fusion requirements. I think what makes them unique here is the fact that the real potential of Agumon -Bond of Courage- lies in playing it in conjunction with its human partner Taichi whose card has its own effects that add to its abilities. Doubling the opponent's lost points.

Yamato really doesn't do much for Gabumon but its ability that sends 20 cards from the opponent's net ocean makes up for that. Like I said, once the opponent's net ocean is empty they cannot refill their hand. And nowhere on the card does it say they must go offline after the turn they appear so as long as they don't get beat they remain on the field and these abilities can be used turn after turn ensuring an almost guaranteed victory.

To answer your question, yes technically any Child (Level III) Agumon or Gabumon card can make them appear but because I've already been asked this regarding the Adventure G.E.M.-1 & 2 Agumon and Gabumon promo cards that were released with the figures, I will go ahead and mention this.

The special abilities of G.E.M.-1 Agumon doubles the attack power of the Digimon that evolve from it, while G.E.M.-2 Gabumon adds +300 to those that evolve from it. The keyword to remember here is "EVOLVE" meaning those with Evolution Requirements, not an appearance or fusion. So Re-146 Agumon -Bond of Courage- & Gabumon -Bond of Friendship- could be made to appear from these two cards but since they are not an evolution, but rather an appearance in battle only, they would not receive the effects of those special abilities.

You have to be very careful in understanding what's actually printed on the cards with Evolution/Fusion/Appearance requirements of higher level Digimon because they are treated differently officially. I was careful what I edited in my own deck and chose a card like Bo-1151 Omegamon from the X-Evolution film who evolves from Agumon or Gabumon + Invisible Connection, a Warp evolution technically and since it has evolution requirements and is not a fusion or appearance, it gets the power increase from the special abilities of that Agumon and Gabumon.

They are incredibly powerful if played correctly, their base powers are very impressive I will admit and their abilities do not disappoint. I know they evolve from War Greymon and Metal Garurumon in the game Digimon ReArise and are classified as Super Ultimate Digimon there.

Last edited:

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What if Miu's partner is a big Digimon like, say, Renamon?
I hope not I really dislike Renamon. I'm sure they can do better. If they were going to go tamers digimon i would hope just guilmon,terriermon. Even hagurumon would be a better choice then Renamon but that's just my opinion.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really getting sold on these two now the more I learn about them. I've been working on translating Re-146 and Re-147 for the Hyper Colosseum from a high resolution Twitter pic someone took after buying the set at the showing of the film.

If I'm right these two are incredibly powerful and their abilities are amazing and pretty much a game ender.

What stood out to me is that both their type and attribute are unknown and their abilities all but one are written abilities, not those marked with '◎' which means the only one that can be taken away by the opponent is their ability to take away the opponent's special abilities. Their defense is insanely high and their A, B & C Attacks cannot become 0.

Both have Appearance Requirements, not Fusion or evolution.

Re- 146 reads "When you're Agumon and have Yagami Taichi in your hand, move Yagami Taichi to your support box and make this card appear (in battle only). Yagami Taichi will remain in the support box with this card." Re-03t Yagami Taichi.

Re-147 Gabumon -Bond of Friendship- is the same with Ishida Yamato. Re-07t.

Re-146 Agumon -Bond of Courage-

Special Abilities:
Regardless of the opponent's battle type, you can make your attack A or C
When you win the battle further reduce the opponent's points by 20

Support power adds +800 to Gabumon -Bond of Friendship-

A Attack - Str-lash Salamander 990; B Attack - Red Reamer 950; C Attack - Guard (A→0) 900

Re-147 Gabumon -Bond of Friendship-

Special Abilities:
Regardless of the opponent's battle type, you can make your attack B or C
If you win the battle, send 20 cards from the opponent's net to the dark area

Support power adds +800 to Agumon -Bond of Courage-

A Attack - Red Luster 970; B Attack - Full Metal Machine Gun 970; C Attack - Guard (A→0) 910

The thing I find interesting about this, if I'm accurate, is the part where it states they "will remain in the support box with this card." Now when the effects of those cards become active as well that's intriguing. If they do Yamato doesn't really help out Gabumon much considering there's nothing higher than an Ultimate level in the game, but Taichi, if his card's effects do come into play, then if you used Taichi to make Agumon -Bond of Courage- appear and you won the battle not only would you further reduce their lost points by 20 but you'd double their original lost points to begin with.

These two are really incredible in the Hyper Colosseum if played together with their human partners especially. I'm planning on getting them both. Gabumon sending 20 cards from the opponent's net ocean to the dark area, once their net is empty the opponent cannot refill their hand. These two are going to be insanely hard to beat.
Thanks for going over all of this, they definitely sound impressive.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see. It's like Yugioh ruling. I get it.