Digimon in April V-Jump- Kizuna, Survive, ReArise Season 2, & Card Game Update (with : art!)

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love the designs on the cards. I have the other digimon collab battle spirits so now I'm waiting on the new ones. whos preordered the new cards? Wish they had more on dracmon and his partner. They show little by little hopefully theres plenty more to come.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love the designs on the cards. I have the other digimon collab battle spirits so now I'm waiting on the new ones. whos preordered the new cards? Wish they had more on dracmon and his partner. They show little by little hopefully theres plenty more to come.
me too, i pre order two boxes :D

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was confused at first why you were writing "insert song" I was thinking to myself "did Marc just leave in the music equivalent of 'sample text'?" but I get it now.
The lawful good kid with a chaotic Digimon is a dynamic I love. When I saw how little news Survive had with still no frame of reference of when to expect a release date I was dissapointed but seeing these two characters' descriptions definitely made up for it for now I'm super excited to get to know them

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I was right, new Agumon evolution is armor plated, and now that I think about it his head looks like an orange version of Meruem. I like both of their designs.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, from the new artwork I can see that Gabumon+ seems to have pretty dark skin under that silly armor. That's really cool! For as many humanoid Digimon designs as we've gotten over the years, the vast majority are quite pale. I think the only exceptions till now have been Bastemon, Shakamon, Footmon... Bagramon maybe?

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
me too, i pre order two boxes :D
Good choice they look really cool. They will prob be worth some good money eventually.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The new Ultimates look really great on their battle spirits cards (actually most Digimon do lol), the armor parts are much more distinctive here than they were in the trailer. Not a fan of the names though... usually I would expect some more stylistic resemblance if a Design keeps a name of a "base form" but then again WarGreymon doesn't look much like Greymon but we had MetalGreymon as a sort of go-between. Really think using the names of the child forms is kind of awkward. Speaking of Awkward... "Agumon" looks like he has a DORUmon style interface on his crotch.

Survive shows off another kid/Digimon duo for the game:
Kaito Shinonome- He has a high sense of justice and hates corrupt things, but is quick to fight.
Dracmon- Kaito's partner who loves to pull pranks and doesn't know fear.
Hmm... so he's yet another potential leader type with a flawed approach in times of crisis.
he sounds very similar to the last character they introduced, which is actually not too bad, that could mean they are purposefully creating characters that could fit a single role that way it one could die and the other could somewhat fill their place... and that makes it harder to predict which of them could die, or maybe none of them will.

Also neat we have a X antibody digimon added to the game hopefully Dorumon's line is added i believe he will fit great especially with Death X evolution be a great time to finally add Death-X-Dorugoramon
Dracmon has been in plenty of games and it tends to not even be acknowledged that he even has an X-Antibody, so I would argue that his presence here means very little, as far as X-Digimon go. But then again they could do the same for DORUmon I guess.
What I do hope is that they make his profile mention of his pranks against the Holy Beasts relevant since at least one of them is in Survive too. It would be funny if there entire abduction was triggered by the Holy Beasts getting angry about having having their faces scribbled on.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the TCG front, looks like they’ve made minor changes to the cards since we last saw them. The WarGreymon card art is more visible since the transparent effect box is more transparent than before. It’s nice that we’ve gotten some more of the Heaven’s Yellow cards revealed, but I have to wonder how they’re going to go about the next few sets. At this point, we’ve already gotten to WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, MagnaAngemon, and Angewomon. Adventure: has to have some way of showing different evolutions for the main cast (i.e. branch evolutions), curious to see what they’re planning.

The Battle Spirits cards have always looked amazing, but I kinda need that new Agumon and Gabumon (speaking of, here’s hoping their real names are just not being revealed for some reason). I don’t care how it’s done, I need that art as posters lol.

I’m not sure what to make of ReArise Season 2, but I’m glad it’s starting up soon (hopefully means new Digimon of some kind). Survive is up to 7 playable Child Digimon now, and Dracmon contrasts well with Kaito. I can’t think of too many examples where the character and their partner are meant to be so different, but I guess Shuji and Lopmon are the same, which is pretty cool. There’s only one other character left to reveal based on the intro animation we got, so hopefully we get release date details alongside the new character reveal in next month’s issue.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been collecting the Battle Spirits cards for a while now and what stood out to me right away is that these two new forms of Agumon and Gabumon are actually weaker than Omegamon in this game.

This to me is a step backwards in terms of strength honestly, and it's no contest at all comparing them to Omegamon Merciful Mode from Digimon Adventure tri. I honestly don't know why they needed to create these two with the exception of wanting to sell more merchandise.

CB02-XX01 Omegamon
Level 1: 1 core, 12,000 BP
Level 2: 2 core, 17,000 BP
Level 3: 3 core, 21,000 BP

DS45-X01 Omegamon Merciful Mode
Level 1: 1 core, 13,000 BP
Level 2: 2 core, 16,000 BP
Level 3: 3 core, 26,000 BP

'Agumon, Bond of Courage' & 'Gabumon, Bond of Friendship'
Level 1: 1 core, 10,000 BP
Level 2: 2 core, 15,000 BP
Level 3: 3 core, 20,000 BP

I'm still on the fence honestly with these new evolutions. It's too soon to dismiss them as being another plot device to move the story forward like "Agumon Burst Mode" in Savers but so far they aren't doing it for me. It'll never be like the first time we saw War Greymon and Metal Garurumon in Adventure. I'll wait to see the film before actually judging them and wait until we get more information on them.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More Survive stuff always makes me happy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this Kaido is Miu's brother from the Opening Movie isn't he? Regardless, the fact that the article makes a point to call him the seventh comrade makes me think he's the last to be revealed so that they can make it a callback to Adventure with the whole seven humans in the Digital World. :unsure:

Oh god, Dracomon is giving me Hunters flashbacks. :sick:

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, so it's armour?

I mean, even if it is, I'm still not that much of a fan of the designs. The fact they also don't seem to have a name other than Agumon and Gabumon, Bond of Courage and Friendship respectively is interesting to say the least.

seamor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm loving all the shout-outs to the original Digimon Adventure in Survive. For example, Shuuji looks a lot like Jyou, and I get the feeling Kaito's relationship to Miu is going to be the same as Yamato's relationship to Takeru.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been collecting the Battle Spirits cards for a while now and what stood out to me right away is that these two new forms of Agumon and Gabumon are actually weaker than Omegamon in this game.

This to me is a step backwards in terms of strength honestly, and it's no contest at all comparing them to Omegamon Merciful Mode from Digimon Adventure tri. I honestly don't know why they needed to create these two with the exception of wanting to sell more merchandise.

CB02-XX01 Omegamon
Level 1: 1 core, 12,000 BP
Level 2: 2 core, 17,000 BP
Level 3: 3 core, 21,000 BP

DS45-X01 Omegamon Merciful Mode
Level 1: 1 core, 13,000 BP
Level 2: 2 core, 16,000 BP
Level 3: 3 core, 26,000 BP

'Agumon, Bond of Courage' & 'Gabumon, Bond of Friendship'
Level 1: 1 core, 10,000 BP
Level 2: 2 core, 15,000 BP
Level 3: 3 core, 20,000 BP

I'm still on the fence honestly with these new evolutions. It's too soon to dismiss them as being another plot device to move the story forward like "Agumon Burst Mode" in Savers but so far they aren't doing it for me. It'll never be like the first time we saw War Greymon and Metal Garurumon in Adventure. I'll wait to see the film before actually judging them and wait until we get more information on them.
This doesn’t sound so great, especially since the marketing for the movie is all about how these two are stronger than Omegamon. I was hoping they’d introduce a higher level than Ultimate (Mega) this time around, but I guess we’ll stick to the vague Super Ultimate (Ultra) and Ultimate++ stuff in the games lol.

Since you seem to know your way around Battle Spirits, can you comment on how these cards play with the new Taichi and Yamato cards? If the point is their bond, maybe you’re meant to use them in tandem. Either that, or we’re meant to look at them together, like Level 1 for both together is 20,000 rather than 10,000 and 13,000 on the Omegamon cards. Card game wise, the latter sounds underwhelming, but in terms of the movie it makes sense.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, from the new artwork I can see that Gabumon+ seems to have pretty dark skin under that silly armor. That's really cool! For as many humanoid Digimon designs as we've gotten over the years, the vast majority are quite pale. I think the only exceptions till now have been Bastemon, Shakamon, Footmon... Bagramon maybe?
What about Asuramon?

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also neat we have a X antibody digimon added to the game hopefully Dorumon's line is added i believe he will fit great especially with Death X evolution be a great time to finally add Death-X-Dorugoramon
Dracmon has been in plenty of games and it tends to not even be acknowledged that he even has an X-Antibody, so I would argue that his presence here means very little, as far as X-Digimon go. But then again they could do the same for DORUmon I guess.
What I do hope is that they make his profile mention of his pranks against the Holy Beasts relevant since at least one of them is in Survive too. It would be funny if there entire abduction was triggered by the Holy Beasts getting angry about having having their faces scribbled on.
That is mainly because he is a natural carrier of the X antibody generally natural carriers don't even mention they have it so that isn't anything new i would agree if by some chance Dracumon mega for some strange reason isn't in the game or his profile doesn't mention Death-X-Evolution because i find it interesting that they brought his rookie form into a game that actually deals with death but who knows if Dracumon is in the game i see no reason why Dorumon line can't.

Also true that would be extremely interesting if they did that since the Four Holy beast well technically one of them has been confirmed for the story would be really funny seeing them get angry at his presence.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those power level posts made me lol. As if 20,000 + 20,000 isn’t greater than 26,000.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about Asuramon?
I was only thinking of Digimon with normal human skin tones, but I guess you're technically right :p

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More Survive stuff always makes me happy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this Kaido is Miu's brother from the Opening Movie isn't he? Regardless, the fact that the article makes a point to call him the seventh comrade makes me think he's the last to be revealed so that they can make it a callback to Adventure with the whole seven humans in the Digital World. :unsure:

Oh god, Dracomon is giving me Hunters flashbacks. :sick:
Yeah I'm happy to but i wish we had a little more to go on. I've analysed everything so far and I think your right about the callback of all 7 digidestined. Part of me wants more characters but the other part of me wants no more info about characters and gameplay and what I do want is the release date. Really keen on this game because i love srpg games and i love digimon. Just want to get stuck into lol.