Digimon in April V-Jump- Kizuna, Survive, ReArise Season 2, & Card Game Update (with : art!)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)

V-Jump time! We get it a bit early this time.

First up is a big 2 page spread for Kizuna (which is out the same day V-Jump is released in Japan.)

On the right side we get profile artwork and some text for the 2 new evolutions. Interestingly it doesn't seem to give their names, but it does label them as 'Agumon, Bond of Courage' and 'Gabumon, Bond of Friendship'. Whether these are names or 'titles' we will find out later... maybe even down below here... (maybe.)

We also get a small section for the new CDs at the bottom.

If you want to order the CDs, they are all still available: (CDJapan affiliate links)
Opening Theme- Butter-Fly
Insert Song- Brave Heart ~Last Evolution version~
Insert Song- What Lies Ahead
Ending Song- Even if We're Apart

The other page is an interview with director Tomohisa Taguchi.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

If time allows later on it'll be revisited for translations, but there are no plans to at the moment.

The page also shows off Stuffed Collection Wormmon and the CSA Digivice Last Evolution.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US. Tickets are currently on sale for the US screenings, so check Fandango, Atom, or wherever you would normally check for tickets. The Kizuna page on Fathom's website lists theaters.

The 3rd page has a few more interesting things..

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a spread for the Digimon Card Game showing some more Digimon cards with new artwork.

We also get to see the starter decks will include Taichi, Yamato, and Takeru from Adventure: on the boxes, and included in the new cards is a card for Takeru.

Pre-orders have been up for some time, but they date it for April 24th.

They finish the card section with 2 additional details:
Next months V-Jump will include 2 'killer cards', Garurumon and WereGarurumon.
The 0.0 promo pack will be handed out at upcoming events. Details will be given at the card game website.

We also get some game updates!

Survive shows off another kid/Digimon duo for the game:
Kaito Shinonome- He has a high sense of justice and hates corrupt things, but is quick to fight.
Dracmon- Kaito's partner who loves to pull pranks and doesn't know fear.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

And for ReArise we get details for Season 2, which was teased quite awhile ago.

Rearise Season 2 begins in March, and at roughly the same time there will be a prequel to Season 2.

With the movie releasing, it's not a huge surprise that we didn't get any huge news, but new characters for Survive, and ReArise Season 2 starting soon is great news!

Update- After confirming some details...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Over in the Battle Spirits section they show off the cards for the new evolutions, with the same titles, so maybe those 'are' the names 'shrugs'.

Thanks to TechnicalSuwako (2)for the images and onkei for translations

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish Sukawo pic got removed so I can see that Kizunagreymon. They actually look nice. I guess it must be Kizuna artist is something I cannot get used to that KizunaGreymon in movie.

Kaito and Dracmon duo surprised me and they have none of things in common and not even compatible... Due to one with strong sense of Justice and hate corruption while that partner... VERY SUSPICIOUS, prankster isn't worth mentioning since Dracomon's evo line is full of... Ones mustn't be trusted.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with the Battle Spirits section after confirming some details.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Insert "its been 10,000 years" Pokemon meme here. It really has been a long time since they first announced RA season 2 lol

and huh, those are some weird names for the new Megas if that's what their actual names are. Maybe theyre not digivolutions after all? youre not wrong though, Merciful Mode was never named in Tri. We just knew because of interviews and official art and what not. I do hope that's not the name tho lol

Anyway for Survive, Dracmon is an interesting choice. I hope it's a situation where he's actually a nice guy and he doens't have to be evil just because he's a Dracmon. Go all out and have Grandracmon as the Mega as well. No reason they have to have GDmon as the evil guy the demon lords fear and whatever, let him be a nice guy!

...he'll probably end up being the antagonist lmao. Then again maybe his sister Miu will get an Angel Digimon and they'll fuse Mastemon style. Or maybe he just goes down a new, less evil but still virus, evo line. there's a lot of potential with this Dracmon.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the new evolutions maintain the same names as their Child forms. It's been done before, but it seems really off-putting when it's done to Agumon and Gabumon of all Digimons, especially with the drastic differences between the Child and Last(?) stages.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh very weird. "Agumon Bond of Courage" and "Gabumon Bond of Friendship". Like Agumon Burst Mode? But they got so much Greymon and Garurumon in their designs. If it's actually true, then I don't know what to say. But they sure look epic in Battle Spirit cards.

I think Dracmon in Survive probably will be more interesting than Xros. Maybe he is the responsible for those terrible sacrifices as GranDracmon? lol Nah I think this duo is actually more interesting than other human & partners to see how they interact.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The battle spirit cards for the new megas i got to say really change my opinion on Agumon's new mega form since it shows he does have armor but imo would have prefer if he had a mouth plate like Optumis prime or Megaman ExE but oh well i will just have to get use to it.

Though i see Gabumon's new mega still keeps traits from Metalgarurumon being more mechanical and range base makes me wonder what weapons Agumon will get possibly.

Ooof i can see Kaito possibly being a boss down the line if he ends up being the kind of character I'm thinking enforcing his own kind of justice when things don't go his way.

Also neat we have a X antibody digimon added to the game hopefully Dorumon's line is added i believe he will fit great especially with Death X evolution be a great time to finally add Death-X-Dorugoramon

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, according to the Battle Spirits cards, at least, the new evolutions are Ultimate-level, and not something new.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know we've technically had a Dracmon partner before, but Ren from Young Hunters was so forgettable its nice to see Dracmon get a second chance.

I also think the new Agumon and Gabumon evolutions look better in other art styles. Thank goodness!

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Correct me if I'm wrong but if Digimon being in April's V-Jump shouldn't it be promoting Psi which premieres in April?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Correct me if I'm wrong but if Digimon being in April's V-Jump shouldn't it be promoting Psi which premieres in April?
It comes up most months now, magazines are cover dated, this is not an issue that will likely still be on shelves in April. There will be another issue of V-Jump a week and a half before April hits, so even if the show premiered on April 1st, the magazine would show up a decent chunk before then.

littlecloudflower

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you know if they give out the box if we buy all four of the CDs at once on cdjapan? Or is that also only at the Animate store?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you know if they give out the box if we buy all four of the CDs at once on cdjapan? Or is that also only at the Animate store?
It's specific to Animate (their store location in Japan, and the 'in Japan' version of their online store.) You would need to use an intermediate/proxy on their online store, or have someone go to a shop in Japan.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They actually both look beautiful here

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official art on the cards for the new evos looks dope! 1 more day :D

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or the duo of "Bond" have Kamen Rider belts? They are standing out. Gabumon Bond's belt is way HUGE and Agumon Bond's belt is just small one.

Tarama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really love the card artworks of the new duo. They're actually that good. Toei's artworks look flat in color.

and huh, those are some weird names for the new Megas if that's what their actual names are. Maybe theyre not digivolutions after all? youre not wrong though, Merciful Mode was never named in Tri. We just knew because of interviews and official art and what not. I do hope that's not the name tho lol
As far as I remember, Omegamon and Imperialdramon PM was also never named in Our War Game and Diablomon Strikes Back respectively. OWG and DSB so we talk about official Japanese dub.

I'm okay with the names.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
in The cards they reseamble even more agunimon and Lobomon. Now i'm sure that they have done this kinda of evolutions for the frontier fans :D

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as I remember, Omegamon and Imperialdramon PM was also never named in Our War Game and Diablomon Strikes Back respectively. OWG and DSB so we talk about official Japanese dub.
It got me interested. How did those names got discovered first? Cards?