Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 8- Nightly Procession of Monsters

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 8, Nightly Procession of Monsters

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 7.

Episode 8 airs Sunday, November 28th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, November 27th, 6:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, November 27th, 9:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, November 28th, 2:30am in the UK (GMT)

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 000article.jpg
    000article.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 9,550

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It just starting off with Ciel beating up on cars is an amusing and interesting start.

And then we see various hologram ghosts, with that dude being scared of them. He should really keep his eyes forward though... and boom.

Jellymon is still in her winter gear. And acting extra Nagatoro.

Hiro tries to drag in Kiyoshiro, and he tries to eject but fails. And Ruli is happy they have something to investigate.

They're investigating... go-karts. And it is on sale. Her excuse to invite them was interestingly flat though. It comes across more that she didn't want to do it alone. And Ruli is very good, and Hiro is very slow.

Gammamon is happy and Hiro is wearing goggles. Kiyoshiro seems very happy he has been left alone. A rare wide smile from him.

And then Ciel comes Mario Karting in. The camera angles also feel very much like they want to remind us of Mario Kart at times.

Ciel found a shortcut. And she apparently has the go-kart because of Jellymon.

Lots of cameos from the nightly event, Ciel just wants to be the fastest it appears.

Hey look, analog locks. Would have made sense last week. And out pops Ciel again. And they go after her after, and Jellymon is making Kiyoshiro hop on this time.

The Digimon being curious about how humans got there is a fun touch.

It's good that the DIgimon are being helpful and explaining what's going on.

The entire setup being Ciel thought the race would be more fun if they all had a death mark and had to race harder feels like a continuation of the stories kind of being a bit flat.

Why is Ruli saying they have to race to keep their Digimon around? Angoramon isn't with her, he's riding elsewhere.

And Hiro tries to talk to Ciel.

Some of these camera angles on the fight remind me of Turtles in Time and the future stage.

Jellymon seems extra pleased with herself this episode.

BlackTailmon is back! And is pulling a move from Master Roshi.

And Ruli isn't in the go-kart anymore. And that's the end of that.

And it appears BlackTailmon opened a gate to the digital world and sent them back.

Ruli dragging them out again, Kiyoshiro is smart enough to run. Angoramon sitting there reading a book looks kind of amazing.

Although odd thing... why did Ciel need a go-kart? She apparently stayed ahead of MetalFantomon every previous night/race without it... She seems surprised when Ruli is able to pass her. Wasn't she winning normally each night, they say she was the fastest? It almost came across as needing to hit a specific speed to get BlackTailmon to show up? But then MetalFantomon was keeping up nicely, and she apparently kept ahead of him on previous nights...

Another episode that isn't bad (and felt fun), but feels like a lot is partially baked and continues the show kind of not doing much of anything (maybe the BlackTailmon bit is something to come back later though? Maybe...) A fun episode let down by it being surrounded by episodes that functionally did the same thing.

Lots of guests this week...

Sistermon Ciel was played by Yukana. Best known probably for Lalamon in Savers. She was also MarineAngemon in Adventure:. She's also appeared as Lalamon and her various forms in different games.

MetalFantomon was played by Hisao Egawa. Best known as Ogremon in Adventure & Adventure:, he was also Mugendramon in Adventure, the evolved Ogremon as Rebellimon in Adventure:, and Titamon in Next Order (and Ogremon and Mugendramon in the Adventure PSP game.)

FlyBeemon is Masamu Ono, who is new to Digimon. He'd likely best be known as Koji Oki in World Trigger.

Elephamon is Taro Yamaguchi, also new to Digimon. Probably best known as Borma in GITS Stand Alone Complex or Geld in That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Kiwimon is Yukiko Motoyoshi, also new to Digimon.

Unimon was voiced by Masaya Takatsuka. He was Manbomon in Adventure: and Magnamon in Cyber Sleuth.

Kokuwamon was Megumi Urawa. A rather big list of Digimon credits, some of her best known ones would be Iori and Armadimon in 02 (among a number of others), returning as Armadimon for Kizuna, and Dracomon in Xros Wars.

Thunderballmon is Yusuke Numata. In Xros Wars he was Flymon, in Hunters he was Tsumemon, and in Appmon he was Perorimon.

Thatguy3331

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It hasn’t absolved all of my concerns about the series going forward but episode 8 is definitely leagues better than the previous two episodes by sheer virtue of it being far more of an entertaining way to spend 22 minutes.

We don’t get the wheel spinning that was in the first half of episode 7 and I think the characters, despite ultimately not even really solving the problem, just surviving it, were utilized far better here than in 6. I especially like that this is all, once again, kind of Jellymon’s fault, and while that sort of story line will ultimately hit it’s own kind of wall, the two times she’s caused a problem they both resulted in entertaining episodes and I like this sort of negative character initiative. We don’t get any deep dives into Ruli’s character either but it was fun seeing her be so energetic this week compared to how shockingly reserved she’s been thus far, and honestly I was almost expecting Angoromon to evolve near the end there. It's by no means "her episode" or anything, but hopefully this is a sign that she'll be more better utilized in the future (though, nothing is promised so I won't hold my breath.) Ceil is more or less just a lunatic but that she’s basically just Ruli but more insane and assholish makes for an entertaining and scenery chewing antagonist if nothing else. I enjoyed her brand of chaos that while not being explicitly evil(?) she's definitely a total menace who can't be talked to per say, and instead Hiro just had to trick her.

Ultimately I think this is the real baseline quality I’d like these sorts of inconsequential episodes to be like. I’d be a much a happier camper at what I got rather than having a crisis worrying if this show would wind up being a proper time investment or not.

Last edited:

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The way Ciel was portrayed was certainly not what I had in mind, not in a bad way though.

The way Ruli was getting so much focus in the opening and the way the conflict had to do with speed, I was positive that SymbareAngoramon would show up...only for him not to.

BlackTailmon returned at the very end, which is the first time we've seen them since episode one. This and next week's episode maybe signs that the plot is finally gonna start.

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't know Ciel can be like that, this episode reminds of Digimon Kart racing game.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have no idea who thought Sistermon of all Digimon should be...like that, but they should be paid more. This was pure insanity from start to finish. I loved it.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that was not what I expected from Ciel's (or any of the Sistermons) first animated appearance...

I had fun watching this episode, it wasn't a complete break from the formula that has been established but what it did to differentiate did make it enjoyable to sit through. As said before it was kind of like Mario Kart, except no one had Blue Shells and the leader was chucking Bananas and Fireballs. Also King Boo was stealing souls instead of throwing them into paintings.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmm Blacktailmon can open digital gates at will and maybe this means a proper adventure into this universe's digital world later on? Since Blacktailmon helped the protagonists I'm now assuming he/she is Hiro's dad's assistant of some sort

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking, Sistermon Ceil will be in this episode. Maybe we will see Gankoomon and Hackmon in the background. I was totally wrong about this episode.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy crap, I didn't expect this. But I love it. I kept expecting there to be a twist about how Metalphantomon corrupted Sistermon Ciel, and she used to be much more kind, but no! She simply is that crazy!

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deliveryman BlackGatomon saves the day with the Mafuba rice cooker. Good omen actually, because there's finally some hint to the show being more than just episodic fun.

They made Sistermon Ciel batsh*t insane and even managed to make MetalPhantomon genuinely ominous. I legit don't remember his 2020 appearance to have been close to this exciting.

Brodul

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It just starting off with Ciel beating up on cars is an amusing and interesting start.

And then we see various hologram ghosts, with that dude being scared of them. He should really keep his eyes forward though... and boom.

Jellymon is still in her winter gear. And acting extra Nagatoro.

Hiro tries to drag in Kiyoshiro, and he tries to eject but fails. And Ruli is happy they have something to investigate.

They're investigating... go-karts. And it is on sale. Her excuse to invite them was interestingly flat though. It comes across more that she didn't want to do it alone. And Ruli is very good, and Hiro is very slow.

Gammamon is happy and Hiro is wearing goggles. Kiyoshiro seems very happy he has been left alone. A rare wide smile from him.

And then Ciel comes Mario Karting in. The camera angles also feel very much like they want to remind us of Mario Kart at times.

Ciel found a shortcut. And she apparently has the go-kart because of Jellymon.

Lots of cameos from the nightly event, Ciel just wants to be the fastest it appears.

Hey look, analog locks. Would have made sense last week. And out pops Ciel again. And they go after her after, and Jellymon is making Kiyoshiro hop on this time.

The Digimon being curious about how humans got there is a fun touch.

It's good that the DIgimon are being helpful and explaining what's going on.

The entire setup being Ciel thought the race would be more fun if they all had a death mark and had to race harder feels like a continuation of the stories kind of being a bit flat.

Why is Ruli saying they have to race to keep their Digimon around? Angoramon isn't with her, he's riding elsewhere.

And Hiro tries to talk to Ciel.

Some of these camera angles on the fight remind me of Turtles in Time and the future stage.

Jellymon seems extra pleased with herself this episode.

BlackTailmon is back! And is pulling a move from Master Roshi.

And Ruli isn't in the go-kart anymore. And that's the end of that.

And it appears BlackTailmon opened a gate to the digital world and sent them back.

Ruli dragging them out again, Kiyoshiro is smart enough to run. Angoramon sitting there reading a book looks kind of amazing.

Although odd thing... why did Ciel need a go-kart? She apparently stayed ahead of MetalFantomon every previous night/race without it... She seems surprised when Ruli is able to pass her. Wasn't she winning normally each night, they say she was the fastest? It almost came across as needing to hit a specific speed to get BlackTailmon to show up? But then MetalFantomon was keeping up nicely, and she apparently kept ahead of him on previous nights...

Another episode that isn't bad (and felt fun), but feels like a lot is partially baked and continues the show kind of not doing much of anything (maybe the BlackTailmon bit is something to come back later though? Maybe...) A fun episode let down by it being surrounded by episodes that functionally did the same thing.

Lots of guests this week...

Sistermon Ciel was played by Yukana. Best known probably for Lalamon in Savers. She was also MarineAngemon in Adventure:. She's also appeared as Lalamon and her various forms in different games.

MetalFantomon was played by Hisao Egawa. Best known as Ogremon in Adventure & Adventure:, he was also Mugendramon in Adventure, the evolved Ogremon as Rebellimon in Adventure:, and Titamon in Next Order (and Ogremon and Mugendramon in the Adventure PSP game.)

FlyBeemon is Masamu Ono, who is new to Digimon. He'd likely best be known as Koji Oki in World Trigger.

Elephamon is Taro Yamaguchi, also new to Digimon. Probably best known as Borma in GITS Stand Alone Complex or Geld in That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Kiwimon is Yukiko Motoyoshi, also new to Digimon.

Unimon was voiced by Masaya Takatsuka. He was Manbomon in Adventure: and Magnamon in Cyber Sleuth.

Kokuwamon was Megumi Urawa. A rather big list of Digimon credits, some of her best known ones would be Iori and Armadimon in 02 (among a number of others), returning as Armadimon for Kizuna, and Dracomon in Xros Wars.

Thunderballmon is Yusuke Numata. In Xros Wars he was Flymon, in Hunters he was Tsumemon, and in Appmon he was Perorimon.
Noir should be the perfect one but she was censored because she is a nun with guns and Ruli now likes to hang out with guys than her own friends.Hiro finally wears goggles(just for a while) when the episode ends when she sees Kiyo is there too and wanted to go something else and now Kiyo is smart enough to leave the Facetime cuz' he thinks that Ruli is a magnet of ghosts

Brodul

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deliveryman BlackGatomon saves the day with the Mafuba rice cooker. Good omen actually, because there's finally some hint to the show being more than just episodic fun.

They made Sistermon Ciel batsh*t insane and even managed to make MetalPhantomon genuinely ominous. I legit don't remember his 2020 appearance to have been close to this exciting.
It's more like a Tupperware

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was actually a good episode, I had a lot of fun watching it. Crazy sistermon Ciel was amusing and all the other characters also worked well this time.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking, Sistermon Ceil will be in this episode. Maybe we will see Gankoomon and Hackmon in the background. I was totally wrong about this episode.
if it hasn't been made clear at this point, GG doesn't really seem interested in the relationships previous incarnations of digimon had (i.e. sirenmon and olympus XII, majiramon and the devas, sistermon and either of the royal knight duo, etc) in favor of versions that go in favor of a theme for the episode

side note. despite the fact that apparently metalphantommon didnt straight up delete the digimon and just captured them, we didn't see them freed. are we going to get a follow up like next week's clockmon or are they essentially doomed in that scythe?

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another day, another episodic episode...but at least this one was fun this time.

Reimagining the old cliché of the Hyakki Yagyō as an impromptu death race a la Redline was very cool. I think the Lockdowns are getting to Ciel as she went absolutely bonkers by summoning the Grim Reaper just for the lolz. I did find the fact that Ciel and the humans were racing in Go-Karts a little silly but I guess you couldn't have the heroes steal a real car or something. Considering all the emphasis on Ruli this episode, I was expecting Angoramon to Evolve this week so I was disappointed by the DEM BlackTailmon doing the Mafuba to seal away MetalFantomon (and Ciel) into the Digital World with a rice cooker. It's one thing to try and solve things non-violently, but week after week of the heroes not being able to beat the enemy Digimon just makes them come across as incompetent.

Anyways, next week looks like it might be interesting with Clockmon finally returning.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was disappointed by the last ep but this one was far more entertaining.

All the cameos were charming and Sistermon Ciel had an unexpected debut which had me hyped.

Dying to find out more about BlackGatomon!

I feel my excitement for GG wavering with each episode though. Maybe it's just not for me. It's been delightful so far but I hope they establish the plot and the stakes soon, I'm waiting for the more meatier stuff.

Dathanatus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gammamon spend most of the episode in Hiro's lap. I don't know why but it makes me happy for some reason. I loved how annoyed Hiro sounded when they revealed Sistermon was responsible for this entire mess of a death race. No evolution at all this time. Next time after two episodes where Hiro wasn't a damsel in distress, the universe decides to make him suffer extra hard to make up for lost time.