Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 7- Birds

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The birds melted the padlocks, so they would've opened the cages regardless if they were electronic or not.
Then Angoramon should not have said that it was a technique designed to bypass digital locks since the logical inference then would be that had they been analogue then the crows would have been unable to melt them.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was good. It was definitely better than last week's. The opening scene with the crows was creepy. The plot with Yatagarasumon using them and Daigo to free the birds was interesting. Daigo was just a fanatic. It waa funny to have Gammamon angry at the crows for stealing his food. What food was that? I liked having Gammamon evolve into KlausGammamon. The fight was good. This time, the Digimon didn't change his mind or even pretended to do so. Yatagarasumon and Daigo simply left at the end. I wonder if we will see them again. I liked the morale of freedom of choice at the end.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was so weird... I don't know what to make of it...

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh how interesting. No wonder Yatagaramon was selected for this episode rather than Vulturemon or Karatenmon because Yatagaramon uses the light element power to share and it can... Melt the electronic devices. Surprised the man willing to free all caged birds just because he thinks it's beauty of the freedom for birds. All crows attacking reminded me of animal rampaging and attacking humans in horror movies hahaha good old memories! Nice one

So what's up with that pattern where all digimon had to commit their "crimes" but got discovered in their hunting grounds by those trio humans and wanted to fight to keep their turfs or leave afterwards as they gets "defeated" or talked into despite being high levels? Maybe having Hiro witnessing a digimon's death will have more impressions in the future?

Angoramon knew what KausGammamon's flight type is and helped him... Angoramon is truly survival expert. Or something like that.

Why does Hiro thinks Vulture is dangerous predator? lol

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the first time Gammamon evolved and didn't get instantly defeated! Things are moving up? Maybe?
Betel was defeated exactly once, in ep 5. Not sure where you got that from.
Isn't the only time BetelGammamon won a fight against Pumpkinmon?

The birds melted the padlocks, so they would've opened the cages regardless if they were electronic or not.
Then Angoramon should not have said that it was a technique designed to bypass digital locks since the logical inference then would be that had they been analogue then the crows would have been unable to melt them.
I was under the impression that not all the locks were digital, and only the digital ones showed 010 coding

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was kinda lackluster compared to the ones preceding it. But, I think that's just because the animation was kinda low for an episode that debuts one of the main mascot's evolution. I think the debut queue and wait for SymbareAngoramon and TeslaJellymon is starting to become grating...

That being said, this ep had some pretty fun moments, like Ruri just continuing not to remember Kiyoshiro's name. And that fact that Gammamon and Jellymon have "Autumn outfits" is very charming. Very early in the episode, Hiro mentioning to Gammamon that Gammamon isn't as fast or mobile as a bird actually worked as a nice little hint that KausGammamon will make his appearance.

Yatagaramon and Daigo actually worked very well as antagonists, and didn't even seem repentant thus breaking the streak of every enemy being redeemed.

The Fibonacci sequence being the route seemed interesting but was never addressed with Kiyoshiro saying it like it was obvious without explaining it. Then at the very end wise Angoramon essentially explained that it was because Yatagaramon leads others to a golden paradise; the Fibonacci sequence is also known as the Golden Ratio. A weird plot point to include in a show targeted towards children.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm starting to suspect we're not getting Symbare and Tesla until their Dim cards come out.

PCN24454

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overall I really liked this episode's theme of freedom to choose but one area of improvement I would like to see is more time on investigation given the culprit of each episode is revealed in a quite formulaic manner which is starting to stagnate on the series. If they can get our protagonists to use different, cleverer ways to get the culprit digimon to reveal itself would make the show better. And again lack of main story plot progression is starting to bit concerning for me given what happened with Adventure 2020...
I have a feeling Clockmon and Dracmon will be the main story plot
Why Dracmon?

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overall I really liked this episode's theme of freedom to choose but one area of improvement I would like to see is more time on investigation given the culprit of each episode is revealed in a quite formulaic manner which is starting to stagnate on the series. If they can get our protagonists to use different, cleverer ways to get the culprit digimon to reveal itself would make the show better. And again lack of main story plot progression is starting to bit concerning for me given what happened with Adventure 2020...
I have a feeling Clockmon and Dracmon will be the main story plot
Why Dracmon?

Not to put words in his mouth, but I think he expects Dracmon to return because they let him escape not knowing he hadn't changed his mind.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I've been thinking for a couple episodes now that the Partner's evolution may be a result of their own desires (Symbare because Angora wants to be faster to better protect Ruli, Tesla because Jelly wants to become more mature so she can be closer to her "darling") and Gamamon getting a different Adult because he wanted to fly just reinforced that for me. It would be interesting if that turned out to be the case.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yatagaramon makes a guy co crazy and let all the birds out. Even pet birds. That was a fun episode for what it was. Plus we got a new evo. That was fun too.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
LEOMONS-ALIVE.png

"Onwards, brothers! To liberate the local KFC!"

---------------------------------------------------

As a one-off the premise for this episode would probably be more memorable if it was say planted in another series.
Within Ghost Game's current scope of storytelling however it's fairly run-of-the-mill.
This isn't to say it's an outright bad thing, and it's still to early to expect any major revelations.
But other then perhaps showing the kids (mostly Kiyoshiro) doing some minor detective work, we aren't really presented with anything of note that we haven't seen from them already.
Nor indeed anything beyond a vague nod to the film this was obviously inspired by.

Yatagaramon himself(?) doesn't demonstrate any noticeable personality, instead channelling his intentions through the otherwise forgettable Daigo.
On a positive side the eventual showdown does provide us with the strongest action sequence so far in the show. Bringing to mind Frontier's Velgmon at points.

Of course the main selling point here is that we are sparred another unnecessary appearance by Betelgammamon.
Kaus by comparison delivers a more impressive debut, with the gliding gimmick (most likely inspired by Draco Lizards) making a refreshing alternative to standard flight forms.
What exactly triggered this new evolution as far as I can grasp boils down to it simply being convenient for the situation. Gammamon wanted to fly (even though he can already), and events required him not to go splat into the ground.

Whilst I liked this one more then the previous episode, it does suffer from a similar issue of trying to tie things up in a less then stellar fashion.
Though I didn't expect them to right out defeat Yatagaramon, they didn't really do anything apparent to make him change his mind.
Appearing to just loose interest and move on, possibly to the next town to start the exact same thing again. It's like the writers got stuck and couldn't come up with anything more satisfying, hoping the audience would be more focussed on a cute reunion between one of Ruri's friends and her pet bird.

Additional: It's probably worth noting, that the Crow who half-inched Gammamon's 'champion' most likely died soon after, since certain substances in confectionary are highly toxic to birds. Have a pleasant day.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if they deliberately make a Golden Ratio thingy because of the Golden Land.