Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 57, Ghost Taxi

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 56

Episode 57 airs Sunday, December 25th, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, December 24th, 6:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, December 24th, 9:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, December 25th, 2:30am in the UK (GMT)

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 00article.jpg
    00article.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10,229

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some OP changes this time. Not sure how many may have been done recently that I just missed skipping it, but a few nice touches, including Siriusmon.

And we get a taxi driving near a church, and a nun is thrown out of it, drained and dusty.

And we get Cerberumon grabbing the priest.

Koutaro is happy they saw a play at a girls school and got cookies. Hiro is trying to find his phone for their return train, Koutaro watches Gammamon and Hiro runs back to get it. He's looking at photos he took as a taxi pulls up.

The priest is thrown out, dry and dusty again. A voice says they aren't of use to her anymore, next. Flames around Koutaro and he's grabbed by a digital field and forced to move to the car. He drops the cookies and can't move once he's in the car.

Koutaro freaks out when the dog talks to him, and the woman demands angels. The dog notes Koutaro was talking about angels despite his claims of not knowing (he was referring to the girls.)

Koutaro is offered that he will be let go if he brings them to angels. They tell him to program the GPS and let his hand free.

We see a familiar symbol activate on the car and it begins to drive on its own.

The car needs a human in the seat to drive.

Hiro returns and finds no one, except the priest being helped by others, then notices the dropped cookies.

His phone ring sin the car and Gammamon wakes up and answers the phone, Koutaro gets Hiro a good amount of info before the phone is hung up.

Cerberumon holds down Gammamon, no one seemed to expect a Digimon to get onboard.

She tries to bewitch Gammamon with abilities and he starts writhing in pain. They tell Koutaro he better hurry or Gammamon won't make it. Koutaro finally seems to realize that Gammamon is not a hologram. Hiro realizes the mention of a dog monster likely means Digimon.

Koutaro is forced to drive, in the wrong lane, as an actual Ghost Taxi that's going through cars and things. Koutaro then gets infected by the rot bits. He tells Gammamon he'll be ok, but Lilithmon noticed something in Gammamon blocking her powers, some of it anyways.

Hiro is on the phone with the others and Kiyoshiro freaks out at mention of Ghost Taxi.

Ryudamon and Espimon and Airdramon are worried, especially with no specific way to find them. A cop shows up and some of the Digimon hide as the kids get asked questions.

The cop gets called away by the truck rollover the ghost taxi caused, and they hear the taxi mentioned, Airdramon screams from inside the trees so Ginryumon can get the kids away.

Koutaro taunts them about the girls not being that late when they arrive, but he realizes he's degrading quickly and freaks out. On to the next location.

Gammamon notices Koutaro is mostly gone at this point, as the Digimon start to try and find the next one. Although Koutaro notices Hiro up above yell for him.

Espimon is helpful and stops the car and Airdramon cushions it.

Gammamon tries to grab Koutaro, but notices who the Digimon is in the back, as his eyes go black for a moment, before returning to normal. He grabs Koutaro and flies to Hiro.

Cerberumon is upset his masters hunt was stopped. Angoramon tells the story of the angel hunt. Jellymon mentions she can't fix curses, but both warp evolve to battle Cerberumon.

Hiro remembers Bakumon with the holy ring and Ginryumon rushses off to get Bakumon. Cerberumon switches to werewolf mode to attack Lamortmon.

Espimon provides a good distraction as Thetismon attacks, and then Lamortmon jumps in. Cerberumon is annoyed at what he let happen, while Lilithmon reveals herself laughing, and annoyed at her minion being hurt.

Espimon and Airdramon can't move, her murderous intent by itself is holding them back. Gammamon isn't doing well, but then a burst of light flies down and hits him. Bakumon has arrived, and he's undoing the curses. LIlithmon is annoyed, and notes they were all brought to this world. She notes the way Digimon were sent, with no rhyme or reason annoys her. Hiro realizes he's heard something like this before as Gammamon recovers.

Lilithmon notes she will hunt down holy Digimon, Gammamon warps to Canoweissmon to protect Bakumon, the other Perfects jump in, but can't really do much against LIlithmon who gets them easily.

LIlithmon says it's time to finish it all, but then Canoweissmon evolves to Siriusmon. They don't seem to have stock footage without Hiro prepped, so we get Hiro on the back for the evo again.

LIlithmon is surprised at the appearance of an Ultimate via evolution. She notes Siriusmon doesn't seem used to fighting yet, and beats him around a bit, while dodging his attacks.

She gets worried when she realizes his armor is strong enough to stop her attacks right before he clocks her and breaks her horns, as she laughs.

She's amused that he's learning so quickly. She notes hunting angels would be easy with him helping, even if he's a bit slow. Siriusmon declines and Lilithmon grabs Cerberumon, opens a gate on her own, and then leaves. As everyone is shocked she says she can go where she pleases. She looks forward to meeting Siriusmon again.

Siriusmon won't join her, but she wonders how the other one will feel.

It turns out some of the injuries to them weren't curses, so Thetismon can at least heal Lamortmon. Koutaro wakes up from being healed, then passes out thinking Ruli is an angel.

Kiyoshiro calls hospitals for the rest, Jellymon says leave it to them. Everyone agrees to help all they can. Angoramon is puffy.

Hiro thinks back to what Lilithmon said. It isn't a coincidence that Digimon are in the human world, someone is sending them.

Hiro's Study Files is... Lilithmon.

Overall not much different in the episode, although at least it was put together more solidly. The clues at a larger story are still rather unfulfilling, as it's roughly the same as last week. The pieces need to go somewhere, otherwise it's sort of just repeating things over and over, which has been an issue with Ghost Game. The episode itself feels mostly enjoyable to watch though.

Mie Sonozaki played Lilithmon. She returns to Digimon after playing Tailmon and all her forms, along with Taichi & Hikari's mom, in Adventure:. Long career that includes that Aya from Comic Party, Hazuki from Happy Lesson, Viola from One Piece, Gertrud in Strike Witches, Sora in Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V, & many other roles. In video games she's Crimson Viper in Street Fighter, & in dubbed over content she's Peggy Carter in Marvel content (and Haylet Atwell's dubover in various other things)?, often dubs over Elisha Cuthbert, Kirsten Dunst, Jordana Brewster, Anna Hathaway, & Rose Byrne, along with also being Birdie in Glass Onion, Lucy McClane in Die Hard movies, Daphne in the live action Scooby Doo movies, Lois Land in Smallville, & Eve in Wall-E

Tomoyuki Shimura played Cerberumon. He previously was Trailmon Buffalo in Frontier. Other roles of his includes Takuro in Bakuman, Tenjiro in Bleach 1000-Year Blood War, Yuusuke in Darker than Black, Yuichi in various Initial D films, the Father in Kiss x Sis, and Inspector Lestrade in Lupin the 3rd Part 6. In dubbed over content he's been Dean Jones in Horrible Bosses and Eist in The Witcher tv series.

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the main antagonist is Hiro's dad... or there's another human or digimon sending digimon to the human world. And the secondary antagonist will be Lilithmon trying to recruit Gammamon?

Amandil7

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was excited about this one and it did not disappoint. I love that we got Cerberumon Werewolf Mode though I wish he put up more of a fight.

Lilithmon was proper menacing & murderous as befits her rank as a deadly Demon Lord. Her attacks were impressive and she seemed unfazed even when Siriusmon appeared. Also glad she did not lose or reform, that would've been infuriating.

Acknowledging that Gammamon's dark form might be more willing to join her 'Angel hunt' was nice foreshadowing! Also neat that she can open a Digital Gate just like Daemon did in 02. I expect we'll see her again hopefully.

The episode did not add much to plot progression since Kuzuhamon already gave us the same information, but all in all, this was solid & one of my favorite episodes of Ghost Game.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like the previous episode absorbed so much energy of the highest quality movie animation off on this episode to look so average BUT!

I'm so happy they treat Lilithmon as such dangerous enemy and she knows how to fight well! Pity Cerberumon is her servant...

But I was shocked to see Cerberumon Werewolf Mode!!!

Look like GulusGammamon wasn't the one sending wild digimons to the human world or created the holes. And interestingly GulusGammamon already saw Lilithmon and didn't respond to this deadly situation while being poisoned with death rot curse and just simply let "innocent" self take in charge instead despite actively resisting against that death rot curse.

So Lilithmon's words sounded like she is actively hunting angel type digimons for revenge but not involved in that case with any digimons who fell to human worlds but simply wandered around as she wishes freely.

In other words, she isn't allied with black ones, unrelated. Just for angel hunt. Herself alone.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want to believe Hokuto isn't the one. But Ghost Game resembles Savers in many ways so it could be something possessing Hokuto just like Daimon Suguru thus he's the one when theoretically he's not.

This episode titled Ghost Taxi. In it, we see Airdramon the taxi and Ginryumon the taxi. Please evolve, Espimon. So you can be Hiro's taxi to complete the trio.

I love Lilithmon isn't a one off villain.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some OP changes this time. Not sure how many may have been done recently that I just missed skipping it, but a few nice touches, including Siriusmon.

Weirdly, this is the first time it's changed since Lamortmon's introduction, so the Digivice had stayed blue until this episode.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Weirdly, this is the first time it's changed since Lamortmon's introduction, so the Digivice had stayed blue until this episode.
That is one of the things I wasn't sure about.

I saw that and went, ah, a change... but I haven't watched the OP in awhile, so maybe they had changed that a few weeks ago.

Cardcaptor Takato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed the episode and I thought Lilithmon was a great villain and I loved the whole Ghost Taxi set up and it was nice seeing Bakumon and Ryudamon again and Bakumon had a cool entrace. I thought it was a nice enough amount of plot reveals and I hope this means we're setting things up for more reveals with the new year starting and also the new OP animation. I kind of wish though we got an actual Christmas themed episode and was in the mood for Christmas antics and they could have saved this episode for after the holiday break. Like it just felt only tangentially related to Christmas just to say it was a Christmas episode.

ThEOnE94

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lilithmon was proper menacing & murderous as befits her rank as a deadly Demon Lord. Her attacks were impressive and she seemed unfazed even when Siriusmon appeared. Also glad she did not lose or reform, that would've been infuriating.
I still don't get how they survived Nazar Nail. That attack is supposed to corrode your body. The corrosion is so potent that Darkknightmon had to sever his right arm for the corrosion to not spread to his entire body in the Xros Wars manga. So how did they survive it?Huh?😒

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still don't get how they survived Nazar Nail. That attack is supposed to corrode your body. The corrosion is so potent that Darkknightmon had to sever his right arm for the corrosion to not spread to his entire body in the Xros Wars manga. So how did they survive it?Huh?😒

Different series, different rules as has been said many times before.

Kiiro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a fun episode, and as I thought Gulus did not appear, but we did get that few seconds of teasing. I really hope we see Lilithmon again to follow up on her promise and offer alliance to Gulus as well.

Also, the OP update is nice, but I think it's getting way too cluttered. A new opening would be better than squeezing in the other two megas at the last second.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thetismon healed the corrosion after the fight. I guess the DarkKnightmon didn't have any ally that could heal him.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another great episode, it was really nice to see some old faces that have fallen to the wayside as of late (Ginryumon and Bakumon) and Lilithmon was a good MotW with how threatening she was with her abilities. I do hope that Lilithmon doesn't end up a one-off as her intent to recruit GulusGammamon would be nice to see followed up on, but we'll see how that plays out.

Dathanatus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised Gulus didn't come out to play. It looked like he would for a sec before letting Gammamon get Kotaro out. Was he not confident in his ability to take her out? Maybe he's slightly weaker than Siriusmon and can't bridge that gap without going Regulus. Or maybe he valued getting Kota out more than he valued making Lilithmon pay cause in the end he's a secret softy.

Very surprised Sirismon managed so well against a Demon Lord. Sure power levels ain't consistent from season to season but still. Although he still didn't beat her, it felt like she was playing with him before realizing he could be a great ally, so he has that in his favor.

I wonder whatever they'll really go with Hokuto as the villain. Lilithmon claimed that they were sent by someone with ulterior motive and apparently capable of fucking around with a Demon Lord, but we know for a fact Gammamon was sent by Hokuto. Sure it could be that she doesn't know Gammamon was sent by someone else but that wide shot of everyone including Gammamon seem to be too much of a hint.

It's also strange an entity of that power wouldn't be known by Hokuto in the digital world. He's been there for in universe almost two years I think, yet he's so far said nothing about that.

Except that I don't see a motive. His actions seem to imply he wants Hiro's kindness to rub off on Gulus so why send monsters that could undo all of that?

Soul070

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Expected an Amphimon debut, but this episode didn't disappoint at all. I like how everyone knew Lilithmon wasn't be fucked with like any other Digimon.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought they were gonna finally tell Kotaro about Digimon lol xD

Roberto zampari

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed, Lilithmon appeared in Digimon Ghost Game.
Overall, this is the second time that Lilithmon appeared in a Digimon season, first appeared in Xros Wars/Fusion.
Also, Lilithmon and Lucemon are tied in number of seasons whom they appeared, both appearing in two anime seasons.

RESULT:

Digimon Adventure 02 -
Daemon
Digimon Tamers - Beelzebumon
Digimon Frontier - Lucemon
Digimon Savers / Data Squad - Belphemon
Digimon Xros Wars / Fusion - Lilithmon, Lucemon, Beelzebumon and Leviamon
Digimon Ghost Game - Lilithmon

Overall, Digimon Xros Wars / Fusion have more Demon Lords than other anime season.

Fun Fact: this is the second time that the Demon Lord emblem appears in anime, the first appeared in Xros Wars / Fusion in Lucemon Satan Mode.

The possible lore of this episode is about the Japanese Urban Legend from Taisho period about Ghost Taxi that gained a significant resurgence in 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami.
It's said that a trend of taxi drivers who say that they picked up a passenger, often drenched or cold, who then disappears before reaching their destination, often leaving behind evidence of their presence such as a puddle, a glove, or occasionally a fare. Because the passenger typically disappears before reaching the destination, the taxi driver is left to pay the fare themselves; however, those with a strong respect for the dead do not mind paying the fare. Ghost passengers are said to often visit homes of loved ones, and many are young people who feel they died too young. Sometimes the passengers seem unaware that they are dead.

Last edited:

ChrisPerry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really enjoyed this episode. Lilithmon's appearance didn't disappoint me and she said about coming back.
To be honest, for a moment I hoped we would see GulusGammamon or Regulusmon. Overachiving mystery about his true whereabouts, shadow self is really compelling. Correct me if I'm mistaken but did we see Black Digitron on Gammamon's body resurfacing?

digifan313

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was kinda hoping Regulusmon to appear and beatdown Lilithmon, but ah well.

When Lilith said that the one been sending digimon over to the real world had no bearing to her at all I wondered if she had a different way to travel and of course she can open the gate all on her own with no effort. Wonder if the reason they keep repeating 'that person' is because they of course don't know Hiro's father or they're teasing something else, or just being obstinate like the whole 'fake' Hiro thing.
Though considering that all digimon we have met so far are confused or distressed by the whole transfer, just how much this information shake things up. How long have digimon been going back and forth to the human world this whole time?
Also curious about Lilithmon and the hunt of angels in both world. Is she only referring to holy digimon? or considering that this series have established that ghost is real, is there 'real' angel too then?

One thing I find amusing is that with how prideful Airdramon has always been before, I really didn't expect him to play 'damsel in distress' to get the other away.