Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 51- Headless

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty sure it’s getting the Data Squad/Savers treatment, with rookie becomes ultimate is just called warp evolution and to mega called double warp evolution.
Wasn't that dub-only?

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty sure it’s getting the Data Squad/Savers treatment, with rookie becomes ultimate is just called warp evolution and to mega called double warp evolution.
Wasn't that dub-only?
They didn’t use double warp in Japanese? What did they used in savers for mega then?

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't that dub-only?
They didn’t use double warp in Japanese? What did they used in savers for mega then?
It's just Warp Evolution.

Gabumon to MetalGarurumon is a warp evolution in Adventure.
Gaomon to MachGaogamon is a warp evolution in Savers.
Impmon to Beelzebumon in Tamers is actually a warp evolution.

Warp evolution is basically an evolution that bypasses one or more levels. If one Adult level digimon evolves to Ultimate level, it's technically a warp evolution as well.

There's a Jyarimon that warp evolves to Boltmon in a game.

As in Savers, when the Childs (Rookies) evolve to Ultimate (Megas), they shout only "shinka!"

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Within that series itself none of the evolutions had special names besides Burst Mode. The Digimon would always just say "evolve" regardless of how many levels they advanced.
It was the partners who said different things depending on which evolution they would trigger with their DigiSoul. "DigiSoul Charge" for Adult, "DigiSoul Full Charge" for Perfect and "DigiSoul Overdrive" for Ultimate (And "Digisoul Burst" for Burst mode of course).

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that's how those new digivices just appeared like that. The upgrade evolution.

Ruli's bandage is truly ultimate insult lol

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well a new Digivice that'll give us Megas is good & hey, Dark Knightmon. Cool. Dullahan... Nice. heh But you can understand his issue plus he's Dark Knightmon. So he's kind of just like that. Nice ep.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this episode tricked me into thinking we finally had our main villain in DarkKnightmon.
At least we got something to carry over into future episodes: stylish red digivices!
Don’t expect one. There’s going to only be two plot relevant episodes- the pilot and the finale. Everything else is interchangeable, irrelevant fluff.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don’t expect one. There’s going to only be two plot relevant episodes- the pilot and the finale. Everything else is interchangeable, irrelevant fluff.
this last episode was literally a plot relevant episode

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HE-SW-EATED-ME.png

"Ahh! Ghost B.O!"

----------------------------------------------------------

After dragging it's heels a little bit during the forties, the show seizes an ideal opportunity to shake things up a bit, by having Uver pop in after dark with a new toy upgrade for the kids.
This is casually underplayed in the show's usual fashion, since the latest haunting of the week needs attending too.

Prior to this I've only been familiar with the Dullahan chiefly through the Monster Rancher series, and after doing some brushing up it's interesting seeing the differences between the original myth and what Japan has remoulded it into.
It would certainly have been amusing to see Hiro carry a rotting head around. Fortunately for him they went with the tamer possessed suit of armour look.

A minor thing I routinely enjoy about Ghost Game is trying to guess who the Mystery Mon is beforehand, and in a pleasant surprise it's Darkknightmon. Even better, he has a personality again.
Of course Hiro couldn't simply just walk up and offer the helmet back then everyone calls it a day, since not only has a head been lost but also face. Thus honour must be satisfied, which appropriately leads to a traditional Dragon versus Knight duel.
Eventually, in what I am presuming to be the equivalent of drawing first blood, a piece of chestplate is broken. This act is enough to quench Dark's rage, earn his respect, and so everyone makes merry.
A bit anticlimactic perhaps, but we really should be used to that by now. The explanation provided is at least reasonable.

Though nothing particularly special in terms of plot, I always enjoy seeing Darkknightmon as well as different takes on old Digimon (someone should introduce this version to Nene).
In addition Ruri's reaction to the story, culminating in offering up some bandage tape to mend his armour is easily the highlight of the entire episode.
An extra bonus is we finally have Warp Evolution back. One series too late perhaps, but anyway...

Additional: Humorously, the method in which Dark gets decapitated puts me in mind of Vyvyan from The Young Ones. Someone try dubbing the dialogue on.

Idiysar Almond

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First he got an X-antibody form
Then shows up as almost personality-less corrupted form of a MC partner in the reboot
Then he appears again right in the series after that, complete with being the first non-evil personality and also as a boss of certain milestone (new digivice and warp evo unlocked)
What's next? A non x-antibody ultimate form? or a child level to complete the missing line?
They sure love DarkKnightmon lately. Well.. he has a cool design.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Today, after three weeks and six days, almost a month, I watched the entire episode and almost all of it straight. I think this episode was good. The premise of DarkKnightmon trying to get his head back through headless knights was godo. As someone who loves History and is, in fact, a History student, I loved the History research club plot. Hokuko's warp Digivolution upgrade to the Digivice was great as was seeing him. They added a picture of the upgraded Digivice at the beginning of the ending.

Last edited:

Idiysar Almond

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's next? A non x-antibody ultimate form? or a child level to complete the missing line?
Yup, a non x-antibody u;timate form, though not a new one, just confirming an old one of his, MusouKnightmon. Though again, MusouKnightmon is a digixros, not a simple evo.