Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 51, Headless

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 50

Episode 51 airs Sunday, November 13th, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, November 12th, 6:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, November 12th, 9:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, November 13th, 2:30am in the UK (GMT)

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

Daylight Savings time changes means that the times on CR are likely off by an hour, as they have been in the past. We're listing when we expect the show to go up based on past clock changes,.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 00article.jpg
    00article.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 9,277

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A girl is dropped off, but not at home, but near a park where she needs to walk through to get home. And she finds... a headless knight ghost. Complaining about it's head. And more appear, demanding their heads back. They walk past the girl. Until she tries to respond.

We get a slice effect, and the girl passes out, but she isn't hurt, minus a red mark on her neck.

Gammamon and Hiro sleep in bed. Gammamon wakes up to find Blacktailmon has arrived, grabs a package from them, and promptly falls back asleep. BlackTailmon leaves.

Kiyoshiro finds himself on top of the clouds. And it's a new digital space thanks to Hokuto. Hologram Hokuto introduces himself. He has presents for everyone.

He expalins how they sync to the DIgimon, most likely. And Digimon helped him make a program to boost that. New Dim Cards.

Hiro comments nothing happened when he used it on his. Hiro freezes the Hokuto video with an annoyed face and turns it off.

Ruli goes over the new ghost story, Kiyoshiro tries to leave. Jellymon wants to leave also, as Kiyoshiro gets to go to a fancy hotel.

Hiro hears about the story from Kotaro, the girl is fine, but she won't wake up.

Hiro asks Espimon about if there is a headless Digimon, Espimon doesn't know.

Kotato wants to know how Hiro keeps getting new AI Holograms.

Kid is walking home, finds a headless ghost. More appear. It says it doesn't know anything about, slice... red mark on neck.

And we get that story again. But the headless ghost knights also have items that belong to people that got sliced, as recognized by friends.

A Gotsumon is walking alone at night and hides as a human runs past. It relaxes. The kid gets mobbed by ghost knights, and Gotsumon sees everything that happens.

Jellymon is upset because Kiyoshiro is just working and she wants to go to the pool. She leaves and he hears construction, which is odd. As he's on a high floor. Mist appears, then headless ghosts. Slice.

A knight ghost rises from his body and walks away.

No one can wake him up, but he does have a red mark on his neck. They find his phone had just the word 'head' written on it in a text box.

Kotaro points out it's happening to only people in the history club, except Kiyoshiro, which is odd.

Hiro goes to ask the club teacher, he says it has to be unrelated, and Kiyoshiro is of course, not in the club. But his eyes bug when Hiro says 'head', and they discuss the Dullahan legend quickly.

Gammamon shows up with Gotsumon and Clockmon. Gotsumon explains what he saw.

Gotsumon explains what the Digimon looked like, but in pictures they find, it isn't a Digimon, just a generic Dullahan, the first results in a search engine.

Hiro calls Jellymon to get some info and heads to the teacher. He talks about something he got in a secondhand shop and showed the club. An ancient knights helmet.

While they looked at it in the past, Kiyoshiro wandered in to talk to the teacher. Hiro recommends we return it, and they go and wait.

The student knight ghosts all wander in demanding their head where the teacher waits.

We see a Digimon fly overhead.

Hiro finds the helmet with Ruli and Angoramon. DarkKnightmon. Angoramon explains who he is.

Mist begins to show up in the room. Ghosts of everyone appears., with a dark mist and figure appearing. A headless DarkKnightmon, demanding his head.

Hiro offers it if everyone is turned back to normal. He tries to strike Hiro with his spear but stops before, and agrees. But wants his head. Hiro demands they be turned back first, and he does.

Hiro gives him his head, which he puts on.

DarkKnightmon flashes back to when he lost his head and all the places it went. His rage grows as he sees it passed from person to person, displayed.

He yells about his honor being insulted, Hiro activates the new digital space from earlier before he starts to attack stuff.

Symbare time, and Betel.

They aren't doing much against him in general. Both get knocked back to lower forms. He declares them frail.

DarkKnightmon decides he will really take their heads, while Gammamon says he can still fight and do more. He yells Kaboom and all 3 Digivices shine and turn into the Digivice VV with the new sigil.

Gammamon warps to Canoweissmon. Hiro is confused by the idea of warp, Angoramon is also.

Canoweissmon has a bit of extra juice from how we normally see him.

And both Canoweissmon and DarkKnightmon get blown back by alternate strikes causing a giant explosion.

But both are still there floating, as DarkKnightmon's armor cracks. He laughs and declares it well done, he yields.

He explains how he ended up in the human world, the gate closed right on his head. The attacks wa shim hearing people mentioning his head and trying to ask for help. He declared his fight against them a blessing, the battle gave them new power to protect people. He has much to learn, and he will forgive as he goes off to train.

Ruli gives him some tape to fix his armor, it's all she has.

Ruli taunts Kiyoshiro about his ghost. Angoramon is puffy.

Gamammon refers to the Digvice evolving, and Hiro agrees.

The beginning of the ED shows the VV now.

Hiro's Study Files this time is... DarkKnightmon.

The episode overall was pretty average, but at least put together decently. The crux of the story isn't really any different than any number, and the upgrade not kicking in until Gammamon declared he wasn't done was standard, but nothing functionally broken, even if nothing special was really done for upgrade. Although seeing Warp from Child to Perfect was nice, if irrelevant (since he only got bumped back a minute before), although I look forward to seeing how they may use that in the future since they can skip adult if needed.

Yuta Kasuya was Gotsumon. He was the male playable character in Digimon World Next Order, played a couple of small roles like Noboru in Hunters, and was Calcumon in Appmon. Among his other roles he's Yo Shindo in MY Hero Academia, a number of characters in One Piece, Andromeda Shun in various Saint Seiya content, and Mitsuru in World Trigger.

Kenta Miyake was DarkKnightmon. He's played a number of Digimon including Dynasmon in Frontier, Gryzmon in the Frontier Movie, Ogremon in the Savers movie, and Timemon in Appmon. He has an insanely sizeable list of credits including Mike on Attack on Titan, Jack in various Baki content, Zodd in various Berserk content, Gladiolus is Final Fantasy 15, Bobby in Macross Frontier, he's played different Gundam characters including Conroy, Galan, Dozle Zabi, many characters on Pokemon, he's been transformers characters like Landmine and Omega Supreme in Superlink, Tsume in Wolf's Rain, and his most popular role is no doubt All Might in My Hero Academia. In dub over roles he's Thor in the Marvel movies, Jackie Robinson in 42, Diggle in Arrow, characters in planet of the Apes, Bedlam in Deadpool 2, Michael in ER, Cinna in the Hunger Games, he dubbed over Jordan Peele as the host of the most recent versions of The Twilight Zone, and was Doctor Manhattan in Watchmen.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad no more time limit for perfect/ult forms xD

Next is Mega lol

Brodul

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So When Gulus want to appear Corrupt Gammamon can just warp straight to Regulusmon

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ghost Game has spoiled me in terms of new Digimon to the point that for a hot minute, I thought the headless knight would be a new Digimon lol. DarkKnightmon looked cool though.

I hope the warp digivolution upgrade means less Champion enemies, because I'm getting super impatient for Megas.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's surprising to get Digivice upgrade here but I like it. It's so "Ghost Game."

Ginryumon cameo. It's like they want to tell us that he doesn't evolve back to Ryudamon. Or he can evolve whenever he wants now if Taxi Airdramon isn't around.

Hiro the negotiator. An incredibly good negotiator.

The digital tunnel when DarkKnightmon crossed the border to the Real World reminds me of Tamers' movie. I hope we can see the Digital World very soon.

I feel Ruli laughing to DarkKnightmon. I mean, the badass monster could be in a very funny situation.

This is also the first time DarkKnightmon design from DRB applied to anime. In Xros Wars and Adventure:, he looks different but still super cool.

So When Gulus want to appear Corrupt Gammamon can just warp straight to Regulusmon
This. Very much this.

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's understated but I kinda like that the upgrade this season is literally just an update to the digivice that was made up by Hiro's dad.

The reason for the fight and the update to kick in though was soooo dumb that I can't help but snicker like Ruli when I see Gammamon warp evolved.

Though low key I was hoping that Hiro's dad would clear up the whole Fake Hiro thing since we all know it's not supposed to mean anything now... right?

Last edited:

zoosmell

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I half wish it had been Cavalier Mode used instead, since traditionally the dullahan isn't just headless but also a horseman. Maybe could've had Betel riding Ginryumon for a mounted fight or something. Could've been cool, but then I guess it wouldn't show off any upgrade stuff with the VV.

Well, DarkKnightmon is cool in its own right. Especially an honorable take on the species.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hides the Digimon identity for half of the episode and keeps bringing up Dullahan, SURPRISE it's just DarkKnightmon with no head!
Here's a random new toy to unlock new evolutions, everyone's Digivices glow to power up Gammamon, 3 triangles merge (oh a jogress?), JK it's Canoweissmon again!

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they would do something like Omegamon in future, wish it will be Gammamon with Angoramon Jellymon as the arms or Something like Chaosmon could change the arm.

But equal mega like Savers, Appmon, Tamers(If you only count 3/4 main tamers) is not bad

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dark Knightmon’s third time appearing in anime, awesome now if can just get Cutemon, Deckrdramon, Greymon 2019, Olegmon, Neomyotismon, and Dorbickmon to appear in Ghost Game too, that’s all I’m asking.

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahh, the upgrade came at last! Though, I would have thought the trio would have their own individual colors instead of all red. Would be a nice advertisement for the other color options, too.
When Gammamon Warp digivolved I was scared for a second that we'd jump straight to Mega, but thankfully it's just to Ultimate.
Now that we have our upgrades, let's see if the next batch or two will bring any major changes!

Roberto zampari

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The episode would be terribly darker if there blood and gore on the heads.
Fortunately, this is a digimon season with Tamers vibes.

Also, this is the third anime where features DarkKnightmon:

Xros Wars: Major Antagonist alongside Bagramon
Adventure (2020): Secondary Antagonist born from Tailmon
Ghost Game: Monster-of-week misguided and vengeful

Warp Evolution was introducted in Ghost Game.
Why wasn't included in Adventure (2020)?

Last edited:

Shiningmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, the three digivices have had the upgrade ^^ so no risk that Jellymon and Angoramon will not have their Ultimates level for the Ghost Game next episode (now just need the info about their BEM Cards to arrive)... against the upgrade comes like a hair in the soup.

This is the 3rd version of Dark Kightmon that we see and still different from the first two (between the deceitful original and the second which was a puppet without any real personality), can't wait to see it again later (we note that in the "allies" of the heroes are three former villains of the license: Mummymon, Piedmon and now Dark Knightmon)

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, I swear Japan loves the Dullahan more than Ireland does. Anyways, we get an update on Hokuto who sent the upgrades for the VV Digivice to the crew...which has me curious as to why the VV symbol already had appeared on Hiro's Digivice back in the Nanomon episode since that muddies all the theories I had as to what it was foreshadowing. Anyways nice to see DarkKnightmon in a different role, with his head getting cut off by the Digital Gate closing was surprisingly comical. I'm a little confused as to what turning the victims into headless knights was supposed to do for DarkKnightmon. Pleasantly surprised to see Warp Evolution make a comeback which will aid in cutting out the Adult-levels when the opponents are generally Perfects now. Aside from the obvious being that Ultimates are coming soon, I am curious as to see where things might go next.

lemoncatpower

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was so sure it'd be Fumamon, so i'll eat my words lol. After 51 episodes I think I've finally learned that it's super hard to predict the digimon of the week.

Good episode though, I did not expect a dullahan episode, especially one that went like this! He got his head chopped off from a portal to the human world, like how unlucky can he get.

I'm curious if the digivices will just be evo upgrades or if it'll have room for more partners!

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this episode tricked me into thinking we finally had our main villain in DarkKnightmon.
At least we got something to carry over into future episodes: stylish red digivices!

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was about to make a "if DarkKnightmon wanted a head, he could've just used the one on his shoulder" joke, but then I noticed they slightly changed the design. The SkullKnightmon helmet mask-thing is much larger than in XW or Adventure:, so it doesn't resemble a head anymore.

RedoRedEpic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The upgrade of the digivice may reflect upgrade for the vital/hero bracelets. Maybe we'll be able to use old memories on the new bracelet like getting gammamon's mega once the anime reveals it.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty sure it’s getting the Data Squad/Savers treatment, with rookie becomes ultimate is just called warp evolution and to mega called double warp evolution.