Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 50, Payback

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 49

Episode 50 airs Sunday, November 6th, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, November 5th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, November 5th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, November 6th, 2:30am in the UK (GMT)

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 00article.jpg
    00article.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 11,504

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fukatsu appears again, with friends from his old home ragging on him.

As he sits on a bench and thinks he's watched by a lonely Pucchiemon named Pucchie.

It wakes him up saying it wants to play. (Calling him Riku like his friends.)

Fukatsu freaks out, as he's smart enough to remember last time, but it introduces itself.

It says its the same as him (lonely), and it imitates him. It asks for the same (repeating what it does), and it wants a hug.

Fukatsu isn't smart enough to realize the AI holograms are more though, and runs off. And Pucchie is sad.

Gammamon hits a button to get cocoa. And it notices the Digimon running around.

Hiro gets a text and brings Fukatsu back, and Pucchiemon is happy to see him again. Fukatsu apologizes to Kiyoshiro for the problem.

It continues to try to imitate him, and ask for him to imitate it. Those in the dorm are happy to see another of the strange holograms, like the one Hiro has.

Pucchiemon zaps someone mad at Fukatsu, and it makes the other person nice to him.

Pucchiemon gets upset as Fukatsu thanks it, but doesn't help it in the same way, saying it is tallying up, and it wants Fukatsu to promise he will do better. One.

Gammaon and Pucchiemon buy candy with Fukatsu. It continually imitates him, and asks to be imitated. And Pucchiemon keeps using Heartner Beam to help. But of course, Fukatsu really can't do that. It offers to buy him more snacks, but says it'll tally it up. Three.

Hiro realizes this probably isn't good. Ruli is studying for a test with friends. Angoramon points out Pucchiemon is a bit fickle, but generally friendly. Jellymon says like her. Kiyoshiro tries to look away.

Pucchiemon evolves after declaring it likes Fukatsu. Meicrackmon (Vicious Mode.)

It wants to be called Mei now. And it wants Fukatsu to copy it. Which of course he can't. Mei also has some strength issues in the new body that it isn't used to. Four.

Fukatsu notes it looks scarier, but it's still a sweet ai hologram.

The next morning Fukatsu wakes up, and Mei follows him, the other kids are bothered by the giant cat creature. Others ask Hiro if this is ok.

Mei feed Fukatsu. It won't feed Mei, as now that it's big it needs to eat by itself. Mei is upset. Kiyoshiro lectures them and Mei growls. They begin to argue in his room about the times he hasn't given back. Five. Fukatsu argues it bought snacks, Mei argues that isn't the same thing.

Fukatsu tries to explain its stuff it can't do. Mei will teach him, and grabs him and laughs. It will give him claws, and starts to scrape his hand against the wall. And begins to note other differences between them.

Hiro and Gammamon note Espimon hasn't been around for awhile. Fukatsu runs by screaming chased by Mei and off everyone goes.

Digital space is activated, so Meicrackmon but no Fukatsu.

Gammamon evolves to Wezen to... keep up with her? And also Tesla is there. Hiro jumps on Wezen and off they go plodding along quicker than Wezen should go... chasing after Meicrackmon who is desperately trying to find Fukatsu, and worries he hates her now. Wezen has also slowed down.

Mei is scared with all the humans gone. When she realizes Hiro and Kiyoshiro are there, she assumed they hid him and everyone else.

Meicrackmon clones. Hiro doesn't want to hurt the real one though, and off Wezen goes a blasting. Wezen tired from his odd little run.

Mei also grabs Tesla by her ball shaped head and whips his into the air.

When Hiro tries to protect them Mei becomes confused and upset why he protects them, but Fukatsu doesn't give back to her and gets more upset.

Canoweissmon and Thetismon time.

Fight ends with Mei being held down by Canoweissmon as they try and figure out what happened. She's upset Fukatsu didn't do things for her 'five times'. She wanted to give him claws and ears so he could help.

Thetismon tries to explain there are things the humans just can't do, and Canoweissmon also explains that. She calms down as she understands.

Kiyoshiro points out different doesn't mean you can't be friends. They can think how to make it up to Fukatsu. When the digital space closes Mei is gone before they notice.

Back to Fukatsu, with Mei stomping towards him. Mei says she hates him, won't deal with humans again, cries, says he should be friends with other humans, and flies off.

Fukatu is sad, but has little to say minus commenting on making friends being...

Kiyoshiro and Hiro show up and are glad he's ok, they offer to take him home. He starts to smile and act like he's fine.

Hiro's Study Files is... Meicrackmon Vicious Mode.

Better constructed episode than most. Doesn't fix the problems, but it at least is an actual 'issue' to deal with rather than just generic chaos. The episode likely would have hit better if the show had more solidly dealt with issues like this. It also oddly uses nicknames for the new Digimon, when I don't think Ghost Game has generally done that. And using Mei for a Meicrackmon also comes across as a weird type of cribbing/referencing that has no real meaning to the episode itself. The overall structure was mostly solid this time though, which was nice after a good number of tripping episodes lately.

Kaede Hondo was Pucchiemon & Meicrackmon Vicious Mode! She was previously Aoi in Survive. Some of her other roles are Maple in Bofuri, Hibiki in Date a Bullet, Kazane in Keijo, Haruka in Love Live, Darren in Popin Q, Shio in Strike the Blood, among many others.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pucchiemon, Shadramon, Kongoumon, Qoatlmon in Ghost Game so far. With Bullmon, Nohemon, Searchmon, Pucchiemon (Green), and Archelomon (ghost data) in Adventure:. There are only Togemogumon and Owlmon left. Wormmon's Armors feast.

Fukatsu is a (new?) first year student so it means Hiro is in his second year. And that means, Kiyo is in his third. They didn't mention anything about it (promoted/moved up to the next grade) in the last Halloween episode, which is the second Halloween episode of the series. But this episode implied that. Interesting to see how will this change the dorm leader from Kiyo to Hiro's generation. Or, Kiyo will still be the dorm leader because he was chosen since second year or earlier because of his prodigious talent.

Overall, I enjoy the episode. One thing I notice about Pucchiemon calling herself "Pucchie" so that when she evolves to Meicrackmon, she calls herself "Mei" which is insignificant except for a reference from the first time we see Meicrackmon VM in anime and was called "Mei."

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol I hope all Pucchiemon arent like that...

Wouldnt want to be freinds with one haha

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Pucchiemon evolved to Meicrackmon without no explanation of why...

Weird evolution. Meicoomon was there but I refused to accept that lol

wow there was none of any remaining truces of Pucchiemon in Meicrackmon's behavior! I didn't expect her to be so... Yandere

But! He sure is lucky. Why? He got in the bed with her. How... Bold.

Not only that... He got to feed her.

Ahem poor him. Making friends isn't easy yeah... And Meicrackmon completely discarded him just like that. But I'm sure she will be back because she cried.

So they will not mention Meicoomon for sure? Jeez.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

wow there was none of any remaining truces of Pucchiemon in Meicrackmon's behavior! I didn't expect her to be so... Yandere

But! He sure is lucky. Why? He got in the bed with her. How... Bold.

Not only that... He got to feed her.

Ahem poor him. Making friends isn't easy yeah... And Meicrackmon completely discarded him just like that. But I'm sure she will be back because she cried.

So they will not mention Meicoomon for sure? Jeez.
Digimon in this series evolve through bonds as shown with the two Hawkmon and to an extent Ryudamon.
Mei behaved pretty much the same as Pucchie, just that she made a full example of her newfound strength in addition to the continued increase on his talley.
He seemed to find the giant cat woman sleeping next to him a bit odd, and him not feeding her is what added to the issue.
I'm pretty sure that was her way of cutting him off because their expectations in the relationship and abilities to keep it going did not align. She could come back, but I doubt in any meaningful way.
no real reason to, as only Gamma knew of Meicoo, and probably forgot if anything.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe Meicrackmon carried the different scent so Gammamon can tell it's not Meicoomon who evolved. I guess?

Well Hawkmon to Orcamon is just acceptable because Hawkmon evolved to Orcamon with digimentals. Although they evolved without it. Digimon logic.

I was wondering what's up with Meicracmon desiring him to look the same as her... Maybe she is similar to Ajatarmon?

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp, poor boy, guess after the whole Antylamon thing he remains friendless huh?
It's sort of a bad end, but when the other side is like that Fukatsu's rather lucky to get off with just that.

I was wondering what's up with Meicracmon desiring him to look the same as her... Maybe she is similar to Ajatarmon?
I think her logic was if Fukatsu's excuse of not giving back is because he can't do the same thing as her, then obviously if he looks like her then he can do the same then.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pucchiemon's behavior makes zero sense to me, and they didn't bother to explain anything including why is it so attached to Fukatsu. Episode ended so sudden and weirdly leaving you feeling "wtf?".
Also, Pucchiemon > Meicrackmon, what is this the v-pet?

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pucchiemon's behavior makes zero sense to me, and they didn't bother to explain anything including why is it so attached to Fukatsu. Episode ended so sudden and weirdly leaving you feeling "wtf?".
Don't know what you mean. It's pretty consistent for Ghost Game Digimon to have primitive ways of thinking. Only thing different in this episode is, that there is no conclusion with a solution to the problem at hand. Pucchiemon is attached to Riku because it is lonely and hears him getting told he needs to make friends. Simple as that. Pucchiemon has the mental capacity of a child and believes if one gives, the other should give an equal amount back. Because Riku is incapable of giving back or does not find the opportunity to repay his debts to Pucchiemon, Pucchie evolves into Maycrackmon and goes berserk. Ultimately Maycrackmon is lectured (poorly, to be fair) on how the world is not a "follow for follow" game, but is not ready to comprehend it, so they cut ties with Riku and run off. Nudged just a bit in the right direction, I actually think this could be a great episode.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

00article-jpg.3765
booster4meicrackmon_november25_2020.jpg

Maybe it's because normal Meicrackmon looks like a good match for Pucchiemon? Heart shape, smily, blushy cheeks?
That pink aura on the card looks like the power of a fairy digimon (Cutemon, Pucchiemon)?

Roberto zampari

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why TOEI choose Pucchiemon instead of Meicoomon?
Because Meicoomon would make sense because of the Betsumon's episode.

Also, Riku's relationship with Pucchiemon reminds me of Mei Mochizuki from Digimon Adventure tri.
This episode is less darker than the whole Digimon Adventure tri, anyone agree?

lucemonbr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why TOEI choose Pucchiemon instead of Meicoomon?
Because Meicoomon would make sense because of the Betsumon's episode.

Also, Riku's relationship with Pucchiemon reminds me of Mei Mochizuki from Digimon Adventure tri.
This episode is less darker than the whole Digimon Adventure tri, anyone agree?
Is obvious for me. Pucchiemon represents “Kindness” crest and it was clear that they tried to show how toxic and fragile is the line between love and hate.

Meow-sama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a bad 50th episode. It wasn't dark or had really any horror elements. The evolution didn't make sense, idk think this was the same meicoonmon from a pervious episode but i know that it didn't matter all if was. I felt like it was watching Tri again with the whole mei comments. The ending was literally for nothing, i really thought they were going to give him a VB and make them partners. But why would that make sense? With all the info dumps on the gammamon's evolutions why aren't you having them show them up? Poor performance all around even for a regular GG episode.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A decent episode that tries to shake up the formula a bit by having a Human/Digimon Partnership go wrong. From the other comments it seems that this CoTD might be a returning one but for the life of me I don't remember which episode he's from. The Digimon having nicknames reminded me a lot of Next Order ngl. I do think that they shouldn't have had the super evil close up of Pucchiemon counting the favours with a demonic voice as it makes it a harder sell that they were just misunderstood in the end. I did laugh at the idea of WezenGammamon being thought of as "faster" then Betel or Kaus. That ending was a little unexpected as it left things unsatisfactorily resolved, makes me wonder if they'll come back to it at some point.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a bad 50th episode. It wasn't dark or had really any horror elements.
Yes it did. Whether or not they were effective is another story
The evolution didn't make sense
How? It's consistent with how many evolutions have been portrayed throughout the franchise
The ending was literally for nothing, i really thought they were going to give him a VB and make them partners.
That's the whole point though, things don't always turn out ideally. Also, they don't have any spare digivices

Strontium

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another episode where GG pulls its punches. Pucchiemon counting the times Fukatsu didn't reciprocate in a scary voice didn't end up amounting to anything. Its evolution straight into Meicrackmon vicious mode instead of mode-shifting from regular Meicrackmon feels like a missed opportunity.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pucchiemon counting the times Fukatsu didn't reciprocate in a scary voice didn't end up amounting to anything.
I feel like you missed the entire second half of the episode

lemoncatpower

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't expect for digimon ghost game to make me cringe from showing me basically a relationship between a teenager boy and a giant cat woman. They're really going for cringe-moments from EVERY angle.