Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 49- The Crimson Harvest Festival

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 49, The Crimson Harvest Festival

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 48

Episode 49 airs Sunday, October 30th, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, October 29th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, October 29th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, October 30th, 2:30am in the UK (GMT) (Clocks go back to GMT, this could mean it may be up at 3.30am for this week as usual. CR doesn't always 'change over' on time)

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 00article.jpg
    00article.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 8,576

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Halloween! Lots of decorations. Girls chasing after a witch hologram to see it. They go in the shop it went in, and nothing, until a voice, and they see her above.

She chants and eyes float out, shove into the girls mouths, but only the girls dressed as witches, black cats appear, and their costumes change. Their friend is freaked out, and the door slams behind them.

Then a seal appears behind her and zaps her into being a rat.

Fill the cities with witches.

And Hiro and the others are shoved into helping decorate at Halloween with Ruli and her friends.

Jellymon and Espimon seem pleased they helped.

A girl is scared of the holograms, but seems convinced Gammamon is nice.

Gammamon is happy to see a pumpkin head decoration since it looks like Pumpmon.

Hiro, Gammmamon, and Espimon dress up as mummys. Hiro is a wizard, Jellymon is a princess, pirate for Angoramon, Zombie for Ruli, which freaks out Kiyoshiro.

The girl from before is late with her witch outfit as everything goes black. And then she gets mouth-eyed into a witch also.

Everyone is very impressed with Shiori's witch outfit, and her color connects. Then based on her attitude they realize something is wrong.

Shiroi then infects Aoi else dressed as a witch with the eyes, witch+1.

Kiyoshiro isn't pleased with any of this.

A number of them get zapped into rats. Everyone except the partner kids that is.

Angoramon helps guard the kids, and the witches leave as they have to go make more witches.

Flying on umbrellas is less diabolical than witches.

Angoramon isn't convinced if it's magic or something else.

Ruli puts the rats in a box and finds a safe place for them.

Gammamon flying around trying to talk to witches thinking it'll be there friend. Hard thing to find on Halloween.

More people being infected into witches and zapped to rats.

Espimon is displeased one of the cats tries to grab him, mistaking him for a rat.

A big evil black cloud has begun to form in the middle of the city, and the witches are heading towards it it appears.

Ruli tries to talk to her friends, but gets the spiel about becoming cat food. Angoramon grabs her before they can turn her into a rat.

They don't seem concerned, they have witches to make.

Also rats.

The witches have gathered in the middle of the city under the clouds.

Hiro, Ruli, and Kiyoshiro are disguised as witches at the meeting. Also Angoramon.

They've finally realized it's a Digimon causing the problem.

They want to create a world for witches.

Lots of chanting and purple energy rising up.

A castle appears from the top of the cloud.

The witches have figured out there are some normal humans there.

Witchmon seems interested in them, and also comments they are dressed as witches, so she'll make an exception adn turn them also.

Ruli declines, and Witchmon isn't pleased with that.

Evolution time to battle, Kaus, Symbare, and Tesla.

Witchmon seems curious that they evolved.

Kaus is going after Witchmon, the others go after the girls.

Digital space is activated, Witchmon is confused by the 'magic'.

Witchmon is amused by all the extra magic since it's Halloween.

Jellymon zaps the various girls. Ruli taunts them as Symbare runs away holding her.

Espimon also taunts them, helping carry Kiyoshiro.

Witchmon is quite happy about the extra Halloween magic, it feels like she hasn't been fully aware of her up-charge, or at least how much it's added.

Witchmon goes to zap Kaus and in flies a giant pumpkin to block the attack... as you do.

Hiro smiles as he knows who it is as more pumpkins fall to protect everyone and help.

Pumpmon floats down giggling. Witchmon isn't happy to see him, he calls her rude and comments Hiro is his friend. He thinks Kaus is also, but he doesn't quite recognize him how he looks.

His voice changes as he comments he will make Witchmon pay if she doesn't stop.

Pumpmon gets bashed and goes flying off into the sky. Then so does Hiro.

Kaus goes for Hiro, and Witchmon chases after him. Evolution to Canoweissmon.

Witchmon taunts that Canoweissmon isn't strong enough as he's dashing through her attack. And she mostly comments that she doesn't quite believe it, then she starts to scream she gives up and Canoweissmon stops.

He's confused by the give up. She looks at the clock and sees it hit midnight. She's disappointed. It's over. Everyone turns back to normal and gets kicked out of the digital space since they've back to normal. The castle vanishes.

Hiro explains this in 3 words for some reason.

Witchmon is sad. She realized her power could go up on Halloween. She thought she could make many friends.

Pumpmon comments the human world has many people you can have fun with and be friends.

WItchmon says humans are trash. Pumpmon comments to try, and she doesn't want him to come back if she causes problems again.

Everyone is happy to see Pumpmon.

Witchmon asks Gammamon is he is the Dark Conqueror, to which he goes 'huh?'

Hiro comments they got them again... Ruli comments they'll see them again next year.

Gammamon continues with turkey or treatment comments.

Ruli says goodbye to her friends. They don't fully remember what happened. Although they hope Ruli will invite them again next year.

Angoramon is puffy.

Hiro's Study Files is... Witchmon!

Perfectly nice Halloween episode. Nothing overly crazy or special, minus that it was nice to have Pumpmon come back and the connections to the prior Halloween episode, even if he wasn't quite there enough (although very nice entrance.)

Megumi Han was Witchmon. Well known to Digimon fans as Airu in Hunters, Takeru in Adventure: & the Adventure PSP game, Nokia in Cyber Sleuth, and Kuzuhamon in Next Order. Among many other roles include Drum in Beyblade, Kahno in Black Clover, Sumire in Chiayafuru, Cure Princess in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure, Momiji Soma in the Fruits Basket reboot, Gon in the Hunter x Hunter reboot, Sayla in modern Gundam content, Aya in Yowamushi Pedal and more. In dubbed over content she's Ellie in The Last of Us and the voice of Young Sheldon.

Saori Goto plays Shiori in her first Digimon role. Among her many roles she's Sharlene in Cardfight Vanguard, Spider Devil in Chainsaw Man, various characters in Fairy Tail, Nao in Food Wars, Keiko in Minami-ke, Setsuna in Needless, Mirai in Senran Kagura, & many more.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dark Conqueror? That doesn't sound good.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was looking forward to this one due to Witchmon showing up and it did not disappoint!

Pumpkinmon's timely appearance was also cool.

All in all, an enjoyable and light episode.

It kinda bugs me though that now that the 3 kids have Ultimates/Perfects, they're still facing Champion enemies, it kinda takes the stakes away knowing they can easily beat their opponents if they want.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dark Conqueror? That doesn't sound good.

It's actually the same term the Oboromon used before (Shikkoku no Haou - Jet-Black Tyrant), just being translated differently.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the Espimon rat joke and Kiyo dresses up as the wizard he once did.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised this episode have high quality animation for Witchmon and she sure look cute and it's better than Xros 2nd season!

So all those rats who got eaten ended up alive how lucky.

So Witchmon knew that nickname? Dark Conqueror. Sounds awesome and we finally got a hint.

Welcome bakc Pumpmon! Unlike Adventure, you actually returned safely although you got flown off easily in combat...

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we count that shorts from Kizuna, Adventure Pumpmon also returned safely, and matured.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol I don't know if that is really count since it is clearly blooper scene or something like that?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's actually the same term the Oboromon used before (Shikkoku no Haou - Jet-Black Tyrant), just being translated differently.
Fair enough then.

I'm surprised this episode have high quality animation for Witchmon and she sure look cute and it's better than Xros 2nd season!
And even better is that she manages to look cute without losing the characteristics that make her monstrous, namely her large mouth with sharp teeth and possibly purple lips (the bottom lip seems to be purple at least) as well her eyes possibly having slit pupils.

Cardcaptor Takato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought this was a fun episode and I was glad Pumpmon came back in a way that felt meaningful and I really liked Witchmon as a villain. It's too bad though they didn't use this episode as a chance to tie Witchelny into the anime.

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every time I see a character reacting to the heroes' digimon I always wonder how for something that's the base reason of being able to hide the digimon's existence, we really don't see a lot of these AI Hologram that doesn't turn out to be a digimon. At most just normal hologram stuff and the closest I can remember is the little robot that turns out to be possessed by Ajataramon lol

Anyway not bad halloween episode, love Pumpmon's reappearance (Though I kinda hoped he would end up fully saving the day instead of being knocked out for Canoweissmon)

And since this is the second mention of the term, guess Gulusmon is actually a pretty famous figure in Digital World? Wonder what's the chance that it's actually the perfect form that it refers to.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every time I see a character reacting to the heroes' digimon I always wonder how for something that's the base reason of being able to hide the digimon's existence, we really don't see a lot of these AI Hologram that doesn't turn out to be a digimon. At most just normal hologram stuff and the closest I can remember is the little robot that turns out to be possessed by Ajataramon lol
That's why they called them as super/advanced AI Hologram. No hologram in Ghost Game world that is as advanced as the digimon.

I think minor characters having various reactions to the digimon aka the advanced AI Hologram because in their era Hologram Ghost is a thing.

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a wonderful Halloween episode! I knew the stakes wouldn't be that high since it's a Halloween special, but the return of Pumpmon and another slight nod at GulusGammamon's infamy in the Digital World is enough for me. It was enjoyable!

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It kinda bugs me though that now that the 3 kids have Ultimates/Perfects, they're still facing Champion enemies, it kinda takes the stakes away knowing they can easily beat their opponents if they want.
I would actually argue that makes it much more interesting. Champion level Digimon that manage to use their abilities in interesting ways to be a threat are way cooler than just Digimon that go Smashy smash. Also, Witchmon did say her powers were amplified on Halloween.

Anyway, nice episode. Super fun. Glad that the writers kept their word about Pumpkinmon showing up on Halloween again. And he can fly now! My only gripe is that I would have preferred it if Pumpkinmon took over completely and won the fight, no need for CanoWeissmon

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This reminds me of what it be like if Digimon did a crossover with Little Witch Academia.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great to have Pumpmon back. Would’ve been cool if he showed up as Noble Pumpmon so he could say he’d changed as well to Kaus Gammamon.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting that they actually acknowledge the events of the last Halloween episode explicitly, thus a year has passed since Hiro met Gammamon it seems. Digimon being stronger based on seasonal events in the human world is certainly an interesting concept. The first half of the episode was a little repetitive with Witchmon turning girls into witches over and over again. The heroes mingling in with the witches as a disguise gave me flashbacks to The Mummy. Nice to see Kaus again, I legit don't even remember the last time he showed up. It was nice to have Pumpmon show up in the climax, but then he didn't do anything substantive so that was disappointing. One more tease of Gulus with Witchmon asking Gammamon if he's the "Dark Conqueror" or whatever.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a cute episode. Pacing does feel a little off at the beginning and the end and Canoweissmon was completely unneeded, but it was nice to see the callback to the previous Halloween episode with Pumpkinmon as well as further acknowledgement of Gulus' title as the dark tyrant/champion. They seem to be back to dropping allusions to Gulus so I'm wondering if we'll get another big episode for him soon.

Nice to see Kaus again, I legit don't even remember the last time he showed up.
He actually appeared four episodes ago in the Publimon episode, so he hasn't been absent for long. We actually haven't seen Wezen for longer, as his last appearance was the Red Eyes episode a couple weeks before that one.