Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 48, The White Bride

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 47

Episode 48 airs Sunday, October 23rd, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, October 22nd, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, October 22nd, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, October 23rd, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 00article.jpg
    00article.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 7,076

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We start with a bride checking herself as she's getting ready, and pollen/dust/etc falls. And seeps into her glove and hand. Webs all over the room.

Mushrooms begin to grow out of her.

As does a hand from the ceiling, and a Digimon falls down. A few in fact. A scream and people come running. A room full of spores, growth, no bride.

The gang and Digimon are helping clean up after a wedding. Ruli explains the wedding she wants someday. Hiro doesn't know how to respond to that.

The person who asked them for help setting it up seems interested in Gammamon but brushes him off. Hiro explains the after-party might have chocolate.

Espimon is there, lazing. Him and Angoramon see a Geremon.

The owner of the wedding hall wants Ruli to be in their new pamphlet.

Ryudamon is with Kyoshiro and Jellymon. He's dissapointed at new Gammamon.

Jellymon wants a wedding dress. Kiyoshiro wants Ryudamon to help him stop Jellymon.

Spore hits Ruli. Angoramon hears her phone fall. The Digimom show up right before Angoramon and Espimon pop up. No Ruli. Gammamon finds her phone.

They're told the rumors of mold nad bacteria and missing brides.

Kiyoshiro is told and freaks out. He wants to be uninvolved, but gets little choice.

Ruli with all the brides and mushrooms.

The Chamblemon rip off their mushrooms that they want.

Hiro and Gammamon spot them running off with another bride.

Gammamon almost catches up but matches headbutts and spores hit as a distraction.

Both get infected.

Espimon answers a call from Kiyoshiro and him and Angoramon rush to help.

The culprits accessed a reservation server.

They find Hiro's phone. Geremon says he saw everything.

Geremon will take them. Angoramon seems unsure, but goes. Geremon laughs.

Ryudamon is saddened he isn't there, as they saved him before. He glows and evolves. In Kiyoshiro's room. Kiyoshiro activates a digital space.

Ginryumon. He has Kiyoshiro and Jellymon hop on as it's time to go.

More mushroom plucking. Hiro tries to get up to help.

They think the mushrooms from Ruli are among the best, and want more.

They wonder if maybe the bracelet her and Hiro have help with the flavor somehow.

Espimon arrives. Angoramon thanks him, but Geremon is gone. The others also arrive.

The Hiro mushrooms are also good. They're sure it must be the bracelet.

Everyone else shows up inside the building.

Kiyoshiro passes out from fear. Jellymon zaps him awake.

TeslaJellymon arrives, and knocks them into the light, less moisture for mushrooms.

Eating the special mushrooms is making them grow larger and more powerful.

Spores everywhere, infecting basically everyone.

Tesla isn't pleased by them attacking Kiyoshiro.

The ones from Kiyoshiro start to make them ill and freak out.

Kiyoshiro eats one to see what is wrong, and they energize him, and he eats more. The Chamblemon are terrified by this.

The energy recharges Tesla, the Digivice V, and evolution to Thetismon.

Thetismon bashes them all pretty quickly overall.

Thetismon makes medicine to heal everyone.

Gammamon realized Ginryumon is Ryudamon and happy he evolved.

The Chamblemon swear revenge. A stench comes in making everyone, Chamblemon included upset.

A bunch of Geremon show up and carry off the Chamblemon. They promise the Chamblemon won't harm anyone again. They enjoy mushrooms, they need someone to grow them.

The Chamblemon beg for the human to save them as they are carried off.

Angoramon isn't sure, he hasn't heard of Geremon eating Chamblemon, but... lots of learn says Hiro.

Angoramon is puffy as Ruli and Jellymon get photos taken in wedding dresses.

Hiro's Study Files this time features... Chamblemon.

Honestly, pretty paint by numbers for Ghost Game. Ryudamon evolves to basically take the place that Airdramon had had for a few episodes. Very little happens. A bit of questioning at the end, but that's about it for this one. Mostly just boring.

Mitsuaki Madono played a Chamblemon. He was previously Neptunemon in Xros Wars. Among his many roles he was Kotaro in Assassination Classroom, Kon in Bleach, Soldat J in GaoGaiGar, Kanami in Code Geass, Cyborg 006 in Cyborg 009 Call of Justice, Issei in the Fate franchise, Toru in Persona 4, various characters in Ranma, Maron in Sorcerer Hunters, among many others. In dubbed over content he's Bentley in Sly Cooper, Cosmo in The Fairly Oddparents, Harry Kim in Star Trek Voyager, Kermit the Frog in some Muppets content, Master crane in Kung Fu Panda, and Hoobler in Band of Brothers.

Setsuji Sato played a Chamblemon. New to Digimon, he's been Cyuborg 007 in Call of Justice, Decky in Duel Masters, Yasaka in Fust of the Blue Sky Regenesis, Joseph in Turn a Gundam, among others. In dubbed over roles he's been Jason in Home Movies, Mickey in Doctor Who, Thunk Crood in The Croods, and he's been a number of transformers characters. In the live action movies he's been Lucas, Patrick, CLampdown, Mohawk, and others. In the War for Cybertron CG series he was Starscream.

Hirokazu Miyahara played a Chamblemon. He was previously Herissmon earlier in Ghost Game, is an actor whose had smaller roles, he shows up in various anime, dramas, games, along with directing stage performances.

Yusuke Handa played a Chamblemon. He was previously Hanumon earlier in Ghost Game and Examon in Cyber Sleuth. He's probably best known as Kazuki Kurauchi in World Trigger.

Megumi Urawa played Geremon. AMong her rather big list of Digimon credits, some of her best known ones would be Iori and Armadimon in 02 (among a number of others), returning as Armadimon for Kizuna, Dracomon in Xros Wars, and a Kokuwamon earlier in Ghost Game. She was also Peasuke in later Dr. Slump content, Uub in Dragon Ball, Makoto in Hell Teacher Nube, and Yotaro in World Trigger. For dubbed over content she was Lampwick in the original Disney version of Pinocchio.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode felt like it was one of the writer's or animator's fetishes.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode felt like it was one of the writer's or animator's fetishes.
Honestly, I would not explain this episode out of context to anyone unfamiliar with the series.

Only thing I'll say on the episode for now is that I will say I wish Ginryumon had a bit more to his evolution. It's nice that he did it for Gammamon's sake as a callback to his first episode, but it really only mattered for just getting Kiyoshiro from Point A to B as he doesn't even get involved in the fight or did anything else in the episode. Even if he ultimately got subdued by the spores, at least doing something more direct to help would've made it more notable.

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked this episode. It was interesting how much pain they were willing to put the main characters through. From all the screams and facial expressions, it seemed quite excruciating.

Thetismon got a new attack, and the animation for her was splendid.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad Thetismon got to shine this episode. Ryudamon digivolving into Ginryumon should've been more significant than just a convenient ride.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... Wow this episode was full of surprises.

I was betting on those bride victims suffered because they are experiencing happiness feelings and I was actually right but I didn't expect this episode turned out as it's nightmare horror. To avoid gore and replaced it with... Mushroom gore. Genius! But I found it too scary to watch.

I was surprised the new digimon was actually... Recolored Mushroom. I was really disappointed to extreme but at least Woodmon evo line is still good option for me.

Oh damn, So Geremon was waiting for their favorite foods to get weakened and just got away with it not even Hiro could scold or befriend. I'm not going to say RIP to them. Nope

Thetismon finally battled! With all her attacks! Perfect.

I can understand why Kiyoshiro mushroom have different effects basically it's like Usopp vs Perona but I still fail to understand this. I mean, Perona's power was ineffective against negative persons. And in this situation, Kiyoshiro mushroom tasted so terrible because he is such "Impmon X" to Chamblemon yet Kiyoshiro ate it and didn't find it too terrible so why did Chamblemon say happiness and despair taste so great? Or Kiyoshiro's negative traits and despair didn't share the same thing? Or "Limit Break" and "Impmon X" together didn't taste that good? Ugh my mind hurts.

denniserlangga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
today episodes were directed by Junji Ito or somethin?

Brodul

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon would evolve too maybe

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
C'mon Hiro, you will learn more stuff in the real digital world itself. Keep being curious and take us there. We also want to meet your dad and see how your digital world looks.

Ryudamon evolving is nice but the moment is not right. It would have been better if Ginryumon helped them in the battle, not just the alternate transportation when Airdramon isn't around. I hope he gets his time to shine later.

I think, one of the reasons Chamblemon was made because Mushmon was already in Ghost Game as "good guy." So they need another digital monster with mushroom theme to be in a mushroom themed episode.

Fine episode. The ambiguous mushroom joke tho..

I need to list all recolors in Ghost Game and I appreciate they do this because recolors need recognition.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Ryudamon becoming Ginryumon I feel my hypothesis of Zanmetsumon being a jogress between Gammamon & Ginryumon or an alternative ultimate for it holds more weight now.

A bit annoying Chamblemon turned out Champion level. I know this is maybe an odd complaint, but Chamblemon would fit in pretty well in my custom re-colour line of Tanemon. Original line being Palmon/Mushroomon and re-color line being Aruraumon/Chamblemon.

Shiningmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Frankly throughout the episode I was hoping for one thing, that there was no redemption at the end.
What they did to Ruli mainly for me deserved death.

Also I expected Gulus to show up given the situation (the whole HS group by mushrooms) but I didn't expect Deus Ex Kyoshima (seriously we're at the level of Ussop against Perona there...)

In short, Ruli still had her little revenge (the face she has when she ties up Chamblemon ^^) and a little fanservice at the end with Jellymon as a bride too.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I loved this episode! The pacing, the horror, the fight, the animation, that grim ending... It was all really well done

Also, about Kiyoshiro's mushrooms, I think they have a different effect on Chamblemon because Kiyoshiro is a coward and experiences a lot more negative emotions than Ruri and Hiro.

Last edited:

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeeesh, being someone not too good with horror this episode almost push it for me.
I'm just glad they don't make anyone bleeding or have holes in their skin after the mushrooms got pulled out cause that definitely doesn't sound fun.

Wonder if the taste of Kiyo is different due to his split personality or just because his usual personality isn't as happy or whatever the reason they kidnap the bride. Or maybe the writer just don't know how to get them out of the situation.

Shame they got Ryudamon evolve but then not do anything in the fight
Thetismon was great though

As for the mushrooms fate uhhh they deserve it I guess?

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I need to list all recolors in Ghost Game and I appreciate they do this because recolors need recognition.
Recolors in Ghost Game, so far.

Youkomon
Dokunemon
Muchomon
Zassoumon
Agumon (Black)
MoriShellmon
Icemon
Tukaimon
Elecmon (Violet)
DarkLizamon
Saberdramon
BlackGalgomon
Doumon
BlackGrowmon
Chamblemon
Geremon

I don't include Ciel, FlaWizarmon, and Oboromon aura recolors for obvious reason.

Hopefully ModokiBetamon will get the chance next.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering we just had the "Silent Hill F" trailer a few days ago which also had plants growing out of people's skin, this feels oddly timely. Was not expecting to see a new Recolour Digimon in this day and age, I thought they had largely stopped doing that but I'm not super against it so long as the new ones have a distinct character. Ryudamon's Evolution is sadly wasted here since he didn't even really do anything other than serve as transportation for Kiyo, it should have been saved for an episode with him and Gammamon as the focus. It's been quite a while since we've seen Kiyo go Limit Break and its always a nice change to his more hysterical performance. I'm a little confused as to what Kiyo's mushrooms being toxic to Shamblemon was supposed to signify, that he's too gloomy normally or that because he was in Limit Break and his neurons were firing on all cylinders that the Digimon couldn't handle the awesomeness? Anyways, somebody at Toei remembered to put the money in the meter and so the Thetismon/Shamblemon fight had some awesome animation. About that ending...Ruli was one thing, but I was a little perturbed that the model guy casually has a wedding dress that fits Jellymon. :oops:

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As of this episode, Thetismon has used all four of her attacks. I've been wondering why the writers haven't used the Ultimates' last move yet. Thetismon and Lamortmon at least have the excuse of less screentime, but Canoweissmon has been around for 20+ eps so he doesn't have a reason to have not used Gran Nova yet.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why did Kiyoshiro's mushrooms taste bad?

They don't ever say why. They do mention that they captured the brides because they were happy so it could be that Kiyoshiro's anxious state effected the mushrooms, but considering Hiro's had no noted difference from Ruri's and he definitely wasn't a happy bride either it comes off more as a convenience.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why did Kiyoshiro's mushrooms taste bad?

They don't ever say why. They do mention that they captured the brides because they were happy so it could be that Kiyoshiro's anxious state effected the mushrooms, but considering Hiro's had no noted difference from Ruri's and he definitely wasn't a happy bride either it comes off more as a convenience.
It's most likely because Ruri and Hiro aren't nearly as negative as Kiyo, who's a natural pessimist. The episode also emphasizes that people with digivices generate especially strong mushrooms. So it's possible that the way they work for tamers isn't quite the same as normal people