Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 44, Rust

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 43

Episode 44 airs Sunday, September 25th, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, September 24th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, September 24th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, September 25th, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 00article.jpg
    00article.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 5,466

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We get something talking to itself as a guy sleeps in bed, and then... earthquake, specific to one building.

The next day Hiro and Gammamon are eating lunch. Kotaro got exclusive cheap looking sunglasses via their friend Fukatsu.

A woman walking around her place late at night and something shadowy moves. Her husband goes to get water and the water comes out rusty, the building shakes.

More people are getting exclusive stuff with little effort thanks to someone at the dorm. Kiyoshiro isn't around. Gammamon wants a snack. Hiro buys him chocolate and he is very happy.

Gammamon finds Espimon eating the chocolate. Espimon will go get his own chocolate. Hiro makes sure he won't steal it and he stops. Hiro offers him his ramen to get him to stop. Espimon likes ramen. He showed up to explain the weird apartment happenings.

Hiro, Espimon, and Gammamon wait in front of the shaking apartment. Nothing happens, cops ride by. A different apartment shakes.

A woman thinks she saw an elf. A different woman inside screams. The door is covered in rust. Espimon points something out, calling Hiro 'Fake Hiro', there are cracks.

The next day Ruli is upset she wasn't invited. She has no info on this. But she has info a magical elf that gives you what you want. Surely coincidental that people thought they saw an elf, and the kid in the dorm could get people what they wanted.

He won't tell Hiro how he is getting things, but Hiro notices wall cracks. The storehouse collapses, covered in rust. People start to notice rust in the dorm also.

More rust, more people asking for things. Hiro mentions the elf in front of him and the kid freaks out. They talk elsewhere.

Hiro goes to the site after getting it from him, to test what will happen.

Multiple tiny Antylamon show up late at night to bring the chocolate he asked for. They are dancing, and a storm appears in the room, dropping a fancy chocolate. They then leave.

Gammamon eats the fancy looking chocolate. Hiro and Gammamon follow. They enter Kiroshiro's room.

He knocks to see if Kiyoshiro is there, Jellymon pops out. He asks if she saw anything, she says one moment, and lets them in.

The site belongs to Jellymon. They're making what people want as a business. (The name of the site suggested it was Jellymon.)

They gave Jellymon a smartphone they made for her help with the business. She's under the impression they make things using 'spirit energy'. Hiro points out that they must need some type of materials. As they make more things the building starts to shake.

After talking with Angoramon, he tells them to get out, they can't make things out of nothing, they are likely using the iron in the buildings not knowing it's causing issues.

Jellymon tells them to cancel all the orders. They say they can't, there needs to be a formal cancellation request. They get upset Jellymon is trying to interfere.

They make themselves much larger, Hiro puts them in the digital space as Ruli and Angoramon arrive. The Antylamon are not happy about this.

Betel time. The Antylamon are faster though. Symbare time. The 3 are fighting back to keep anyone from getting in the way of their work.

Canoweissmon time. And then Lamortmon time.

The Antylamon go down fast, but use abilities to recover quickly. Hiro asks Jellymon what the formal way they can cancel is. Jellymon realizes it's the custom cancelling from their own PC, as a security measure. Jellymon rushes off. She can't find Fukatsu's computer, likely because it isn't in the digital space.

And we see Fukatsu with it. Jellymon is freaking out trying to find it, not realizing they aren't in the human world. Lamortmon is running out of evolution time based on Ruli's Digivice.

Someone helps Fukatsu out of the elevator, but he drops the laptop. Betel and Symbare are both back as evolution time runs out. Jellymon finds the laptop in the elevator and rushes canceling the orders. The subtitler got annoyed typing cancel so stopped subtitling it. She's typing with her hands and tentacles to go quickly.

All the orders are cancelled, the Antylamon stop and back off. Jellymon is tired. And annoyed at how much Fukatsu ordered.

Kiyoshiro returns and finds the dorm damaged.

Hiro gets the Antylamon to repair the dorm, using the created items as materials.

The kids find everything back to normal in the morning, but their items gone.

Kiyoshiro lectures Jellymon over the issues with the business. Jellymon turns red in tiredness over having to return her phone, but admits this was her fault. She apologizes.

The Antylamon apologize. They made people things in the digital world to make them happy, which made everyone possible. Including Hiro's dad. Apparently they came to the real world based on his advice, causing the problem in the first place.

The Antylamon want to make things for people and make them happy. Kiyoshiro takes them to a recycling center he was helping with. Lots of raw materials, no danger to anyone.

Angoramon is pufferyish.

Hiro's Study Files is... Antylamon.

The episode was a pretty standard Ghost Game overall. It was perfectly serviceable, if not doing much of anything. Although a bit of a wrench thrown in by showing that the evolution timer isn't specific to Canoweissmon/Gammamon.

Kenichi Suzumura was Andiramon. Digimon fans would best know him Kouichi in Frontier, and he was also Mameo in Next Order. His wide range of roles include Obanai in Demon Slayer, Takehisa in Fire Force, Momotaro in Free, Sougo in Gintama, Shinn Asuka in Gundam Seed Destiny, Zack in various FF7 content, and tons of other roles.

Hiroshi Okamoto was Fukatsu. He was Ken in Hunters, and also Ryouta in Cyber Sleuth. He's also Andry Bogard in various King of Fighters content, Seborga in Hetalia, Gullinbursti in Sait Seiya: Soul of Gold, among other roles.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first I was a little nonplussed when it was determined that Andiramon would be featured in this episode, but I liked how they made its new abilities an extension of the ki-manipulation in its profile rather than just something random. Rather reminiscent of Fullmetal Alchemist, come to think of it.

Also, "Usagi Recycle Plant." Cute.

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With episodes like this sometimes this series really reminds me of the lilo and stitch series as the digimon makes trouble and then the group finds a way for the digimon to use thier abilities peacefully

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah pretty much of it. But with horror version in it.

Damn I didn't expect Antiramon (Virus) to appear. I assumed the rust happened due to Gokimon's Dream Dust.

Antiramon is the true Santa. But it comes with lousy price.

I totally didn't see that coming. Jellymon actually... Apologized.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also amusing that Demon Slayer exists in this universe as Kaiju Slayer (even changing the 'fire' bit to 'water'). makes sense they'd reference it given how it's still pretty popular among kids in Japan (speaking from experience)

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Equivalent Exchange is interesting. I didn't expect it to be Andiramon but looking at the connection they have with ki manipulation and iron, it's another advanced version of many digimon abilities in Ghost Game.

Also, MY NO JE LL from JELLYMON is too obvious, Jellymon. Try better name next time.

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When it became obvious that it was Mynojell that made the website, I wondered how she was going to be related to the rust. Should've known.
That said, disappointed to see that Lamortmon also have the time limit too. That means it's not Gulus that's causing it and the answer to the problem is obvious. Time to upgrade their bracelet to the next level just like Appmon did.

I think the actual surprise of the episode is that Jellymon actually apologized for her get-rich-quick scheme. That was pretty cute.
Also wonder if such problem exist in Digital World since material should be more easily acquired.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In hindsight, the time limit thing not being exclusive to CanoWeissmon should have been obvious. If you're gonna market an upgrade to a toy you're gonna REALLY market it after all.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In hindsight, the time limit thing not being exclusive to CanoWeissmon should have been obvious. If you're gonna market an upgrade to a toy you're gonna REALLY market it after all.
which makes me wonder if the next letter Hiro sends to his dad is gonna ask about the time limit thing. he was clearly able to make more things while in the digital world as seen when he sent them more dims to change the environment with.

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was really hoping for the time limit to be caused by GulusGammamon, sadly it's all but confirmed it's because they need Digivice VV now... sigh...
The episode itself was just OK though, I liked that Jellymon apologized for once and we saw a glimpse of Hokuto. I just wish they'd do more with Espimon though, he was mysterious and looked like he knew something important in his debut episode, but so far he's just been doing whatever.

Roberto zampari

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the second episode that features a Deva Digimon, the first was Majiramon (Divine Anger).
The Andiramons would be relevant if they know the whereabouts of Hokuto Amanokawa or bring Hiro and his friends to the Digital World.
Instead, they become meaningless like monster-of-week.

I'll expect in the next episodes of Ghost Game, Hiro must find a way to go in the Digital World and find his father.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also amusing that Demon Slayer exists in this universe as Kaiju Slayer (even changing the 'fire' bit to 'water').
Okay I haven't seen the episode yet so maybe you're referring to something else, but the main character of Demon Slayer uses both water and fire.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a lot to say about this episode. I did halfheartedly wonder if the little "elves" granting wishes were a reference to the DigiGnomes from Tamers. More pointedly, when I saw the rust and cracks appearing in certain areas of apartment buildings, my first thought was that it was something to do with Feng Shui and I suspected that one of the Four Holy Beasts might be behind the episode but it turns out it was one of the Devas instead. It's been a while since Jellymon acted as the Ratman of the episode and it was nice to see her get some comeuppance for once. Interesting that the "timer" also is in place for Lamortmon as well, guess it wasn't a Gulus interference thing after all. Wasn't expecting a surprise Hokuto cameo but sadly it didn't really go anywhere.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also amusing that Demon Slayer exists in this universe as Kaiju Slayer (even changing the 'fire' bit to 'water').
Okay I haven't seen the episode yet so maybe you're referring to something else, but the main character of Demon Slayer uses both water and fire.
They referenced the Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles game by calling it Kaijyu Slayer: The Mizukami Chronicles.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They referenced the Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles game by calling it Kaijyu Slayer: The Mizukami Chronicles.
that was what i was referring to yes.
that saves me a clarification ;p
This is the second episode that features a Deva Digimon,
technically not, as these are the OG Virus versions (you can tell by the lack of scarf)

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah alright.
Do they actually call it Kaiju Slayer or is that just the subtitles? I’m curious because the original name of the series in Japan is Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty decent episode, it does suffer from feeling like Ghost Game standard fare with the whole 'misunderstood Digimon', but at least we got something on Hiro's dad and Jellymon apologizing for once. I also did like the creative use of Antylamon's abilities as it made them more interesting as a threat.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first I was a little nonplussed when it was determined that Andiramon would be featured in this episode, but I liked how they made its new abilities an extension of the ki-manipulation in its profile rather than just something random. Rather reminiscent of Fullmetal Alchemist, come to think of it.

Also, "Usagi Recycle Plant." Cute.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I like how they extended what was something they could already do to a logic extreme. Meditation Cure's ability to reform their bodies might work on the same principle.

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, I love Andiramon. I always thought their proportions made them really interesting to watch in combat (and a little creepy!) I was hoping we'd see a little more of the acrobatic style they used in the second movie, but I really liked what they did with them in this outing!