Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 26, Cannibal Mansion

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 25

Episode 26 airs Sunday, May 22nd, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, May 21st, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, May 21st, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, May 22nd 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 1528171029708906496_FTM2NmaaMAAULkf.jpg
    1528171029708906496_FTM2NmaaMAAULkf.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 13,421

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Walking around a dark house is never a bad way to start an episode.

This time the egg eats you! Not sure how I feel about giving up the 'not a twist' at the beginning.

Angoramon is happy so many Digimon are appearing and he discovers his friend Digitamamon has been in the human world for half a year.

Showing Angoramon studying in the digital world helps to explain some of his background details that had been missing. Digitamamon confirms they knew nothing about humans, their data on that didn't exist.

Digitamamon seemingly hadn't considered that living with humans was an option. He wants to meet these humans.

Ruli is excited she will get to meet the best friend of Angoramon. She's dragging Hiro and Kiyoshiro into it before Angoramon can even finish asking.

Digitamamon points out the place they are in isn't his home, but Ruli and Angoramon don't think to ask or comment what he is doing there.

Flashback to Angoramon and Digitamamon studying a PlatinumNumemon, who quickly chases them away.

Ruli offers Digitamamon snacks when she says he is hungry, but he doesn't seem fully interested, he offers them snacks that were 'left behind' by the previous home owners.

Ruli and Digitamamon go off to check a doll he mentioned, Angoramon decides to stay. Digitamamon mentions he knew that would be his reaction. Kiyoshiro shows house data on his phone to Hiro regarding it being a murder house.

Ruli grabs a dresser door and sand falls off the handle, more all around the dresser. Menacing music... and her phone rings.

Right as she's laughing at the rumor provided by them over the phone, Digitamamon goes all menacingly, while Angoramon also notices sand and gets worried.

He clarifies when stopped by Angoramon he is hungry, and wants to eat Ruli, and after he eats people they turn to sand.

Kiyoshiro and Hiro arrive right as Angoramon and Digitamamon go out a window.

Digitamamon couldn't be seen at first and things were fine. He materialized, he isn't sure how, but he was super hungry. He freaked out when the people found him at the beginning of the episode and ate them without thinking about it. He actually tried to spit them out, but all that acme out were clothing remnants and sand and he felt full and satisfied. So he kept doing it.

He doesn't quite understand what's wrong, at least to a degree, as people eat other things also to survive.

Hey look, a security guard. Kiyoshiro freaks out and actives a pseudo-space. Digitamamon is happy at the buffet in front of him.

And there's Symbare. His attacks don't do much against the rock hard Digitamamon. He's happy his friend learned to evolve, even if he can't really hurt him. He looks forward to reading books with Angoramon after he eats everyone there. Symbare is knocked out.

There's Tesla. Plus Wezen! They aren't really doing anything productive though against Digitamamon.

All 3 are attacking now, and doing basically nothing as he slowly walks over.

Point blank shot from Wezen and... nadda still.

Wezen to Canoweissmon! With a bit of unique animation for Wezen in the sequence which was nice.

After Canoweissmon hits him and cracks him Symbare tries to talk to him some more. At this point Digitamamon appears to have no concern minus eating and he's freaking out.

Symare does a slicing attack on the cracked part of the shell as Digitamamon freaks out more, bye bye eggsy.

Digitamamon muses on if Angoramon is more like a Digimon or a human as he vanishes.

Narration from Ruli ends the episode. The house is still there to this day, almost as if nothing happened there at all.

Not a bad episode overall, but one where the climax could probably have benefited from more Angoramon and less everyone having to have a role to play.

Nice to get an episode with more Angoramon, as he's generally been among the more interesting characters, who often gets little to do.

The addition of Canoweissmon to the intro looked smooth.

The subtitle positioning unfortunately was broken in this episode, but that's a technical issue that hopefully will get fixed.

Rie Kugiyama was Digitamamon. Digimon fans would know her as Ikuto in Savers, and she was also Funbeemon in Adventure:.

Last edited:

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My thought process was "Oh, another Ruli episode? Oh, it's an Angoramon episode! Oh no, is it a Hiro episode...? Oh, okay its an Angora episode."

I think this the debut of new stock footage role for the recap, unless it was in last week's (I don't remember).

One thing I always enjoy about the smaller casts in Digimon, is that the Digimon are also very much characters rather than a means for action scenes, and this is an episode that exemplifies that. Angora got a lot of focus and backstory which is great because he's usually just Mr. Exposition. (I was thinking about how I don't remember Gaomon, also voiced by Kazuya Nakai, getting a lot of character development in a series with the same amount of main characters). They're making up for the fact that Angora got curbstomped last week by giving him is own episode lol.

I think the lowest point for me was when Canoweissmon appeared, as it felt like an excuse to show him off again and I guess to show that it doesn't have to be Betel that evolves into him, granted it did lead into the defining shot at the very end of the battle by having him crack Digitama's armor (although, that could've been achieved in many ways imo).

Another very interesting thing is how this is one of the few times (if only) that Angoramon does not give a proverb at the very end since his debut, showing that he really has changed over the course of the series, and that the fact that his former best friend has murdered innocent people and shows no remorse. The series has shown that killing Digimon, whenever an antagonist does it, is no small thing.

tl;dr: I liked this episode. Also the girl from the ending makes her debut next week?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this might be the first time a protagonist explicitly killed another Digimon, not counting Myotismon since his fate was left vague due to the cloud of bats and GulusGammamon's kill count.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Walking around a dark house is never a bad way to start an episode.

This time the egg eats you! Not sure how I feel about giving up the 'not a twist' at the beginning.

Angoramon is happy so many Digimon are appearing and he discovers his friend Digitamamon has been in the human world for half a year.

Showing Angoramon studying in the digital world helps to explain some of his background details that had been missing. Digitamamon confirms they knew nothing about humans, their data on that didn't exist.

Digitamamon seemingly hadn't considered that living with humans was an option. He wants to meet these humans.

Ruli is excited she will get to meet the best friend of Angoramon. She's dragging Hiro and Kiyoshiro into it before Angoramon can even finish asking.

Digitamamon points out the place they are in isn't his home, but Ruli and Angoramon don't think to ask or comment what he is doing there.

Flashback to Angoramon and Digitamamon studying a PlatinumNumemon, who quickly chases them away.

Ruli offers Digitamamon snacks when she says he is hungry, but he doesn't seem fully interested, he offers them snacks that were 'left behind' by the previous home owners.

Ruli and Digitamamon go off to check a doll he mentioned, Angoramon decides to stay. Digitamamon mentions he knew that would be his reaction. Kiyoshiro shows house data on his phone to Hiro regarding it being a murder house.

Ruli grabs a dresser door and sand falls off the handle, more all around the dresser. Menacing music... and her phone rings.

Right as she's laughing at the rumor provided by them over the phone, Digitamamon goes all menacingly, while Angoramon also notices sand and gets worried.

He clarifies when stopped by Angoramon he is hungry, and wants to eat Ruli, and after he eats people they turn to sand.

Kiyoshiro and Hiro arrive right as Angoramon and Digitamamon go out a window.

Digitamamon couldn't be seen at first and things were fine. He materialized, he isn't sure how, but he was super hungry. He freaked out when the people found him at the beginning of the episode and ate them without thinking about it. He actually tried to spit them out, but all that acme out were clothing remnants and sand and he felt full and satisfied. So he kept doing it.

He doesn't quite understand what's wrong, at least to a degree, as people eat other things also to survive.

Hey look, a security guard. Kiyoshiro freaks out and actives a pseudo-space. Digitamamon is happy at the buffet in front of him.

And there's Symbare. His attacks don't do much against the rock hard Digitamamon. He's happy his friend learned to evolve, even if he can't really hurt him. He looks forward to reading books with Angoramon after he eats everyone there. Symbare is knocked out.

There's Tesla. Plus Wezen! They aren't really doing anything productive though against Digitamamon.

All 3 are attacking now, and doing basically nothing as he slowly walks over.

Point blank shot from Wezen and... nadda still.

Wezen to Canoweissmon! With a bit of unique animation for Wezen in the sequence which was nice.

After Canoweissmon hits him and cracks him Symbare tries to talk to him some more. At this point Digitamamon appears to have no concern minus eating and he's freaking out.

Symare does a slicing attack on the cracked part of the shell as Digitamamon freaks out more, bye bye eggsy.

Digitamamon muses on if Angoramon is more like a Digimon or a human as he vanishes.

Narration from Ruli ends the episode. The house is still there to this day, almost as if nothing happened there at all.

Not a bad episode overall, but one where the climax could probably have benefited from more Angoramon and less everyone having to have a role to play.

Nice to get an episode with more Angoramon, as he's generally been among the more interesting characters, who often gets little to do.

The addition of Canoweissmon to the intro looked smooth.

The subtitle positioning unfortunately was broken in this episode, but that's a technical issue that hopefully will get fixed.

Rie Kugiyama was Digitamamon. Digimon fans would know her as Ikuto in Savers, and she was also Funbeemon in Adventure:.
Had to rewatch op to see Canoweiss in the op...nice find!! lol

Wished it was Devitamamon Dx....lol Platinanume was a nice addition!

Omg dont remember but is this one of the few times the people who died didnt come back after the digimon dissapears and also the first time Angoramon didnt say a haiku at the end...

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesus Christ that was messed up. I wonder if Digitamamon was truly in control of himself. The desperation at the end seemed to imply that he had developed an addiction of sorts which had warped his mind or something.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like to point out that Ghost Game featured the first mega, Platinum Numemon and still no Lamortmon.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the lowest point for me was when Canoweissmon appeared, as it felt like an excuse to show him off again
given the context in this particular instance, I would have thought it'd be more forced and stupid if Hiro didn't try Canoweissmon unless Hiro and Gammamon had a good reason not to such as being absent during the fight

Chudix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Geez, Canoweissmon again, that was cheap, boring and unfair. It is going to be 2020 Taichi's situation with him and Agumon in other kids episodes.

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a great episode! I was fully expecting Lamortmon to show up, but it didn't. Even then, I still like this episode a lot because it showed us how much Angoramon changed since he made it to the real world.

I'm glad to see Wezen and probably Kaus can make it to Canoweiss as well, as I hoped.

And the biggest thing is, this is the first time a protagonist killed a Digimon and it's on purpose. Something that eventually needed to happen, and it did in the most meaningful moment. I'm really satisfied with this week's episode.

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Canoweissmon in the opening, can't wait to see him actually use that attack in episode one day

Dracumon died and immediately replaced by Petermon, ouch

Angoramon finally acts like a child and of course it's the episode where he has to kill his best friend. He got screwed both in and out of universe isn't he. Have to wonder if this will eventually plays with Lamortmon being feral.

Wonder if there'll be an explanation for Digitamamon's behavior or it's simply a side Angoramon doesn't know before. Like no digimon so far have any problem caused by materializing and he mentions he's fine at first until he materialized. His last words that Angoramon has 'changed too' implies that at some level he knows he's not being himself. Or am I reading too much into this?

Side mention, is this the first time we get actual glimpse of digital world that's not just AR from the bracelet?

And not sure why but Wezen tumbling around as he evolves into Cano seems so adorable to me unlike when Betel did it

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Geez, Canoweissmon again, that was cheap, boring and unfair. It is going to be 2020 Taichi's situation with him and Agumon in other kids episodes.
At this stage, Ghost Game is pretty much some sort of upgrade of Adventure 2020 and unless Digimon changes animation studio you can expect this kind of series to continue

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah yes, the easter-themed episode.

Digitamamon is such a nice guy, Angoramon is happy to have had him as a friend :)

At this stage, Ghost Game is pretty much some sort of upgrade of Adventure 2020 and unless Digimon changes animation studio you can expect this kind of series to continue

I don't see this complaint at all. Sure, Gammamon gets more forms and is currently the only one with an ultimate form, but this episode Angoramon was the star BY A LONG SHOT. Seriously, why care if Gammamon is stronger level-wise, Angoramon just got a backstory, a character arc and dealt the finishing blow - not by sheer strenght, but by knowing where to strike. Honestly, a good episode in my book.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The addition of Canoweissmon in the opening makes me think that we risk having like Adventures 2020 only one opening except that this time the opening is modified so we will have the addition of Lamortmon and Thetismon soon ^^

Regarding the episode, it is very good the only downside being of course that it should have been Lamortmon the climax of the episode especially since for everyone, we stupidly thought that only Betel Gammamon would become Canoweissmon but the episode to prove the opposite.

This simple fact also indicates that we should expect an animation where Kaus Gammamon evolves into Canoweissmon (probably for the next episode -_- when it's clearly the perfect fight for Thetismon...) and also in the future a return of Gulus and an evolution of the latter... On the other hand nothing says that Gulus will evolve into Canoweissmon, point in support the DIM Cards of Ghost Game unlike the others only have 4 Perfect levels and 3 Ultimate levels (compared to the usual 6 Perfect levels and 4 Ultimate levels of DIM Cards) after that it's just a theory, if it is Gulus will finally be accepted by Hiro and will evolve into Canoweissmon.

There are references to Adventures 02 in the episode, the first being what appears to be a black tower in the memories of Angoramon, the second being of course the conclusion of the fight, as at the time when the group did not want not kill digimon, Yoleil had found himself facing Lady Devimon and reluctantly Silphymon killed Lady Devimon to save Yoleil and here in Ghost Game, while the group never killed (apart from Gulus of course), Angoramon reluctantly had to kill his old friend to save Ruli, Hiro and Kiyoshiro (the reaction of his last ones makes me think that finally, they understood that sometimes the digimons will have to be destroyed.)

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angoramon is going to feel so dumb when he remembers that BlackTailmon Uver can send digimon to the Digital World

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meant to ask this back in the Archnemon episode but kept forgetting, have Digimon ever successfully killed humans in any past series?

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My favorite part of this episode was PlatinumNumemon throwing poop.

They should really commit to one character/Digimon being the focus of the episode without Hiro + Gammamon showing up to save the day like Adventure 2020 Taichi did.

Canoweissmon's appearance was lackluster and detracted the episode.

Can't wait to see Lamortmon and Thetismon (soon I hope)!

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Y'all need to stop complaining about CanoWeissmon appearing. It would have been completely out of character for them to not use him in a situation like this and it was done to AID Angoramon's character development. Not overshadow it. The worst part about the Petaldramon episode in Adventure 2020 was that the characters were dumbed down for the sake of the final fight against Entmon. Taichi didn't even try to use wargreymon to break Entmon's barrier. Here we get a logical decision in a fight and SymbareAngoramon is still the star.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meant to ask this back in the Archnemon episode but kept forgetting, have Digimon ever successfully killed humans in any past series?
Belial Vamdemon killed Oikawa in 02

Y'all need to stop complaining about CanoWeissmon appearing. It would have been completely out of character for them to not use him in a situation like this and it was done to AID Angoramon's character development. Not overshadow it.
seriously, this. People comparing Hiro to Adventure: Taichi are heavily overexaggerating. I understand being upset at the last episode but this episode at no point lost its pacing or focus with the inclusion of Hiro and Canoweissmon. At that point, why aren't we mad at Koshiro and TeslaJellymon appearing and fighting? They were more "just there" than Hiro and Canoweissmon

Last edited:

lucemonbr

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, Savers:

Aquilamon killed a reporter and one Helicopter pilot. Dynasmon killed everyone in New York, etc.