Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 25- The Crimson Banquet

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 25, The Crimson Banquet

A preview of the episode from the end of Special Episode A Strange World as Told by Naoto Takenaka

Episode 25 airs Sunday, May 15th, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, May 14th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, May 14th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, May 15th 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 1525634314779631617_FSpln-zaIAAl5nZ.jpg
    1525634314779631617_FSpln-zaIAAl5nZ.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 11,364

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is a very brightly lit up red tower.

Aviel and Pachepa are the names given to 'mysterious guy with mysterious dog' who are not anyone in disguise for sure.

Lots of red stuff, the room, the jewelry.

Standard but decently done "It's a vampire" setup, with the added fun of the dog doing it also, and giving us a peek at a Digimon we've seen before in Ghost Game.

We know those bats flying, and some blood explodes out of the jewelry and splatters.

That building being lit up red seems weirder than it should.

Ruli is showing off her SV platinum membership and thanking her friends for help.

Invitation to testing a high end dessert brand that hasn't launched yet. She's upset that she can't bring a guest. Angoramon seems distrustful of the invitation and the blood/red theme of the brand already.

Another group of girls, invited to test new nail polish. And bit. And the little guy joins in the biting.

And the infected go out to bite others.

Gammamon has found out about the desserts and is interested. Angoramon talking to everyone else about him distrusting it is a nice little touch. The dog watched over it all, and informs his master.

Pervert friend is back after awhile. Showing Hiro social media posts from the girls who went to the events and how they've changed on a dime. Hiro wants to know why he is following so many of them. Vampires are mentioned as a joke, this does not amuse Kiyoshiro.

The friend still has no clue Gammamon isn't an AI Hologram.

Ruli is at the event, Angoramon is bothered. Ruli looks nervous. And right behind her is...

And she recognizes his voice. Dracumon. Haven't seen him since way in the beginning.

The dog turns into Sangloupmon, and goes after Angoramon alongside a bat.

Ruli has finally figured out there is some vampire stuff going on. And Dracumon reveals who the leader there is, Vamdemon. And Dracumon is dead, crossed Vamdemon because he wanted Ruli. That was a rather waste of Dracumon, gone with almost no reason for coming back.

Vamdemon explaining his plan, only vampires should be able to rule the world, etc. and he should be king.

The others show up to help and the door opens for them, thanks to Vamdemon. Vamdemon seems to have some idea what may be going on overall, as he wants to test them. And the other assistant was Matadrmon.

Vamdemon transforms into his proper form. Updated for the art style of Ghost Game, but pretty much exactly as you'd expect him to look. Ruli smacks him in the face with her purse and runs off. This has impressed Matadrmon and has Vamdemon muse this shows leadership potential.

Angoramon is down.

Vamdemon and Matadrmon only plan to watch what's happening, part of their test if they can be part of the vampires. Gammamon attacks and Vamdemon just slaps him away. And here's Betel. And Tesla.

Both villains seem a bit shocked they can evolve, but not bothered, more curious.

Vamdemon vampires away to dodge attacks from both, then he kicks Tesla so hard she reverts to Jellymon. He's not impressed. And Betel isn't doing much better, although Vamdemon does seem interested in him. He does a data scan using one of his bats.

Hiro starts to feel ill, the bat infected Betel with a virus. Hiro takes damage anytime Betal does.

Vamdemon knows there is 'something' special about Betel, he assumes it's something being hidden on purpose about him. And he wants to know.

Betel gets the black eyes, but Hiro gives him a small pep talk. Beter doesn't seem to believe it until Hiro says they'll do it together. Eyes back to normal, insert song starts. Super evolution to Canoweissmon.

The animating the mouth of Canoweissmon sort of shows why they often don't, as it seems a bit goofy. And he goes zooming at Vamdemon who tries to hold him back, but that ain't really going to work.

And right through him. He explodes, but it appears he gets away as the bats. Matadrmon is disappointed (not clear if as an assistant, or if he was actually something more), as he mouths off then leaves, as does Sangloupmon. Perhaps all 3 will be seen again.

Nice shot towards the end of Canoweissmon.

The episode early on seemed interesting, and I was feeling it despite some issues. Like the kind of unearned Gammamon evolution in an episode that felt like it was meant to focus on Ruli?

The unceremonious death of Dracumon feels like it knocked this episode down a few pegs hard, as it feels like it wastes something that could have been neat.

Better than average episode, a few exceptionally poor mistakes, and we'll see where, if at all, the hanging elements lead.

Toshiyuki Morikawa returns to the Digimon anime after a long time away to play Vamdemon! He was BelialVamdemon in 02 (plus Battle Chronicle), along with Devimon, Mummymon, Sora's dad, and Oikawa. He was also Mummymon in X-Evo.

Hideyuki Hori is another person returning to Digimon to play Matadrmon. He was previously Dorbickmon in Xros Wars.

Masaya Takatsuka appears to play Sangloupmon. He was Manbomon in Adventure: plus Unimon and Saberdramon earlier in Ghost Game. Plus Magnamon in Cyber Sleuth.

Last edited:

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gah can' believe they bring back Dracumon just to kill him off.
Funnily everyone in the line also appeared, will GranDracmon be the endgame for that?
And Vamdemon only escaped guess that's going to be yet another problem unresolved

Huh Perfect. I expected for Cano at least that they will resolve the Gulus storyline first before getting it.
I kinda want more reason and pizzazz for the first evolution but oh well
Love that the sequence made it so that all three color blend into white for it though and that they teased it would be Gulus again at first.
My real complain would be that the episode was focusing on Ruli at first kinda a swerve that it's Hiro that got first Perfect. Should've been Angoramon. Man still got shafted this late into the series

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was an awesome episode, shame Dracmon is dead, there goes plans for making him a future partner for a future tamer.

The most amazing part was Canoweissmon finally appeared, I haven’t seen anything this exciting in anime since Hackmon/Jesmon and Blitzgreymon.

Dracmon, Sangloupmon, and Matadormon in the same episode the only one missing is Grandracmon and I’m glad Myotismon survives kinda now we’ll get to see comeback digivolve into mega forms like Malomyotismon or Neomyotismon and a fusion with Piedmon in Boltboutamon.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what would happen if Betel succumbed to Gulus' influence. Would he slide evolve into it? Turn into something else?

VamAngemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Id' love to know what the kanji for Kyogoku is. And what could "Pachepa" could mean.
BTW Aviel means "my father is the lord", and ties well to Vamdemon calling the possesed women his "daughters".

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if there we’ll be black Canoweissmon.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Couple of things that bugged me here:
Vandemon's new animation look feels really weird and doesn't look as frightening as original Adventure's Vandemon
Canoweissmon's super evolution just came out of the blue...although the part where Betelgammamon almost turned into Gulusgammamon was interesting. This really feels like typical protagonist willpower breaking through and without any foreshadowing beforehand and as result there is no much impact where it should have been especially with super evolutions

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Myotismon/Vamdemon was pierced by Angewomon's Celestial/Holy Arrow in the OG Adventure

And now he was pierced by Canoweissmon's Dragonia in Ghost Game xD

Wished he used Crimson Lightning/Bloody Stream though...or may be even have those women he bite turn to Ladydevimon

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Framed as Ruli episode, but ended up being a Hiro episode...the series has a habit of not letting Angoramon evolve (which was really prominent early on, somewhat alleviated in more recent episodes, but then here were the first half is pretty much focused on Ruli, he gets beat by Sangloupmon and letter gets kicked aside by TeslaJellymon as if to say "you're not needed here lol.")

But! Canoweissmon appeared! Perfect levels have finally made their debut!!!
I really enjoyed the monotone portrayal of Vamdemon here, and he was so handsome <3. If I was an influencer anime girl I would fall for his trap instantly :/.

I already pinned the wolf as Sangloupmon and was actually really surprised when the other man turned out to be Matadrmon (mostly because I could not for the life of me see the parallels, and I also forgot Matadrmon is a vampire.)

I wonder if Dracumon's return would've been impactful if we didn't see him in the recap at the beginning of every episode...nonetheless kinda bummed that he was reduced to fodder as soon as the action started.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there goes plans for making him a future partner for a future tamer.
It will good if every new season add unuse digimon as additional partner.
Could i know if there is season use unuse digimon as their digimon partner in previous season?

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of the best things of Ghost Game is that the teaser/preview of the next episode doesn't spoil big thing like a new evolution debut.
It's always a nice surprise.

Love to see the human forms of Vamdemon and Matadrmon. Also the human world forms of Sangloupmon, it reminds me of the human world forms of Starmons in Xros Wars manga.

Dracumon is done? Well at least Matardrmon will probably comeback.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, I think we have it...

An Ultimate Digimon

Guess this concludes Dracmon's revenge plot. A bit disappointed how they handled Sangloupmon as just the dog of the vampires, when I'm pretty sure it's originally a reference to Dracula's wolf form in the original story.

Chudix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was Ruli's episode and it should be Lamortmon. I'm not happy to see Canoweissmon in this episode, it's very disappointing.

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish they resolved the Gulus situation or at least made the scene to focus on something other than Hiro just powering through the pain and encouraging Betel. It felt a bit cheap, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel happy at all when I saw Canoweissmon. Probably Lamortmon and Thetismon will follow up on the next two episodes.
Now I also wonder how Gulus will even appear when Canoweiss is probably going to be the go-to choice for stronger digimon (and Hiro can likely pep talk the Gulus out of Gammamon before anything could happen). It was like nothing was answered and a bunch of other questions came out of it.
Still, Canoweissmon woohoo!!

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see a lot of people complaining that Gammamon evolved into a Perfect instead of Angoramon, but honestly, SymbaAngoramon is the most recent Adult, I feel like that would have been too soon to make him evolve again.
Granted, they should have just avoided doing a Ruli episode for CanonWeissmon’s first appearance.

RIP Dracumon, I expected a lot more from you. You could have evolved into Matadrmon yourself instead of making him a different character.

Hope Vamdemon will come back, as NeoVamdemon if possible since it’s the only one of it’s Megas I still find relevant.

digifan313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish they resolved the Gulus situation or at least made the scene to focus on something other than Hiro just powering through the pain and encouraging Betel. It felt a bit cheap, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel happy at all when I saw Canoweissmon. Probably Lamortmon and Thetismon will follow up on the next two episodes.
Now I also wonder how Gulus will even appear when Canoweiss is probably going to be the go-to choice for stronger digimon (and Hiro can likely pep talk the Gulus out of Gammamon before anything could happen). It was like nothing was answered and a bunch of other questions came out of it.
Still, Canoweissmon woohoo!!
Same, I thought Canoweissmon would be the result of resolving the Gulus situation, but guess not. Maybe that's the final evo instead?
Gulus might be equal to Cano here since it can beat Archnemon easily? Not sure either

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The episode early on seemed interesting, and I was feeling it despite some issues. Like the kind of unearned Gammamon evolution in an episode that felt like it was meant to focus on Ruli?

The unceremonious death of Dracumon feels like it knocked this episode down a few pegs hard, as it feels like it wastes something that could have been neat.

Better than average episode, a few exceptionally poor mistakes, and we'll see where, if at all, the hanging elements lead.

Marc pretty much nailed the downsides to this episode and my feelings of "it's a good episode with some poor choices". And reading this thread, it seems a lot of people feel the same. I like Dracumon, I was eagerly awaiting his return every episode just to see something this lame. And Angoramon is my favorite partner this season. So.... yeah. I liked the episode but double oof for me in particular as potentials were missed.

Vamdemon looked amazing to me, though. I really like him in this art style and I love how much the team seemed to love using his bats. This series' love for using human forms for digimon is also extremely fun.
I eagerly await Myotismon to return, hopefully this series has a better plan for the return than it did for Dracumon.... god, I don't want to be bummed, I swear I liked a lot of this episode but come on, where's our Impmon?!

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think if they go with "separate Gulus from Gammamon and let him have his own body" route we can get the answer of Gulus vs. Canoweiss in terms of power. Otherwise... honestly I have no idea.

Aside from that, I really hope the relatively simple Super Evolution animation means that each Adult form of Gammamon can access Canoweiss. Because the alternative is Wezen and Kaus getting shelved or getting a severe reduction on screentime.