Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 24, Twisted Love

A preview of the episode from the end of episode 23

Episode 24 airs Sunday, May 1st, 9am in Japan.

We expect the simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, April 30th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, April 30th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, May 1st, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• 1520560884845715459_FRhGTxQaMAEnR53.jpg
    1520560884845715459_FRhGTxQaMAEnR53.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 12,625

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kidnapping and pseudo-poisoning very quickly.

Flower shops and greenhouses seem very useful in anime to do stuff with. Random people he does stuff with get plant zapped.

Hiro got dragged into this quickly. Love that he just went to Hiro because a photo suggests he knows Lirurun.

Gammamon and Kiyoshiro popping in saves Hiro, and Kiyoshiro really isn't happy they're being dragged into something again.

They're really setting up the robot here. Jellymon only half/caring at the Digimon causing problems is about what you'd expect.

Ruli deciding this is an adventure of 'Team Lirurun' gives him something to do, in theory.

So they're gonna camp out to see if the thing shows up. Gammamon likes the chocolate.

Nice of them to point out the oddity of the parents being fine, since whatever is going on seems to be about Yuto in some fashion.

Plants shooting out of the robot, which was possessed by Ajatarmon, and now they are trying to take Yuto. Everyone gets up from pretending to be asleep. Poor Kiyoshiro gets dragged away also.

Jellymon not letting them swap to the digital space is a nice touch. If Yuto gets away only Kiyoshiro will be nabbed.

The Ajatarmon has mistaken Yuto talking with plants as talking to it when it was lonely and has fallen into a crazy love obsession, possessing the robot to stay around him. The fucking with other people was to test to see if it could make him into an Ajatarmon.

The robot name GW-1 being an acronym for 'go well' so it could feel better when the tests didn't work seems... completely worthless information? It feels like I missed something, because they stop to place importance on it, but it seems to not matter at all, minus that they wanted a catchphrase.

Kiyoshiro is in pain as parts of him are becoming plantish since it isn't 'quite' perfected yet.

Hey look, Betel and Symbare, and they rush in attacking in a chase scene.

Symbare tries to point out the idea of a human turning into an Ajatarmon won't actually work.

Jellymon rushes off to fight and isn't being that effective. More effective is them playing recordings of Yuto talking to Ajatarmon.

Jellymon zaps Kiyoshiro awake and here's Tesla. All 3 work together and Tesla rams him while zapping.

Ajatarmon is still up and trying to do what it wants.

A conversation leads Ajatarmon to jabbing itself, in the belief it will become human and starst to take off it's various bits of gear. Atajarmon realizes things aren't going as it wants as it starts to fall apart and derez before it poofs away.

Angoramon talks a bit puffy, Gammamon likes the flowers, Yuto looks at the remains of the robot.

Jellymon got an antidote from Mummymon for Kiyoshiro and is trying to stab him in an unfriendly manner.

There were some interesting touches, but this was basically the week to week grind sort of episode.

For the main guest stars this week...

Ajatarmon was Takako Honda in her first Digimon appearance. Probably best known as Toko in Garden of Sinners, Gimmy in Gurren Lagann, Sasaki in Knights of Sidonia, and far too many roles to proper list.

Yuto was Reiji Kawashima in his first Digimon role. Probably best known as Fushi in To Your Eternity.

Last edited:

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Yuto is going to be the fourth tamer. Ajatarmon will return as a rookie and be his partner digi

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was another really good episode, crazy ride throughout the whole time! And a very satisfying battle scene, great stuff!
Sad to see it looks another minor hiatus.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was excited to see Ajatarmon's debut and it made for a good episode, the ending was surprisingly sad :'(

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The creature Ajatarmon is named after is a female spirit, so I already guessed it was a girl with a crush on Yuuto. The suicide(?) part? Now that was a shock.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't interpret it as an outright suicide, but as a failed attempt at becoming human, though obviously it was reckless because she'd had no opportunity to test it beforehand. Either way, it was a great scene.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They weren't kidding when they said more darker tone lol Dx
Everyone knowing Hiro makes it hard to guess who the 4th child will be ...from the ending Hiro's friend (or the girl he is chasing) or Ruri's friends...or all of them haha

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very good episode, and surprisingly emotional! A perfect episode for Ajatarmon's mainstream debut. I think the episodes that have a central non-Digimon character work the best in this series, as a lot of the eps are about Digimon terrorizing a group of people instead of a specific person. It builds up the world.

If there will be a fourth tamer, or any new tamer, they could go the Tamers route and have a whole B-cast of new tamers! I wonder if the episode after next week's special would be the debut of perfect levels?

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New tamer and partner digimon, TeslaJellymon's evolution, so many wasted opportunities...

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome episode I always thought Ajatarmon was male until it’s anime debut when I heard it’s female voice.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesus christ, that ending was disturbing. Also I doubt Yuto is going to be a new tamer. I don't think there's gonna be any new tamers at all this season, seeing how the number 3 is very important here and Hokuto seemingly only made 3 digivices

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesus christ, that ending was disturbing. Also I doubt Yuto is going to be a new tamer. I don't think there's gonna be any new tamers at all this season, seeing how the number 3 is very important here and Hokuto seemingly only made 3 digivices
I heard on a source on YouTube that they plan to be a fourth Tamer just don’t know when though.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was actually a good opportunity to devolve Ajatarmon to Budmon before the farewell.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if Ajataramon can even become a digiegg at this point. She partially turned herself human, so imagine if that meant she can never come back

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if Ajataramon can even become a digiegg at this point. She partially turned herself human, so imagine if that meant she can never come back
Aw man... c'mon.
I refuse to believe that's a possibility. 🥲

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that escalated quickly at the end. Back to the beginning though, and something that bothers me is how flippant Yuto was initially about people around him being attacked, like your friend just got his arm turned into plant tentacles yet he just accepts it as kinda weird until it keeps happening. Similarly, Hiro going to lengths to keep up the masquerade of Gammamon and company being holograms felt silly since you know you have to keep Yuto close by to find Ajatarmon so you might as well explain what's going on. Interesting to see Ruli lean into the whole "Lirurun investigation" thing - watching the new ED it and seeing Ruli walk around with glasses like a real preppy, it would have been interesting to explore that duality of her character more but I digress. Anyways, Ajatarmon...it took me a hot second to realise that it was probably meant to be coded female because of the female VA. The concept of "love" between humans and Digimon is perhaps wisely avoided most times if it leads to endings like this. That climax with Ajatarmon mutilating itself to try to become human gave me major Next Order flashbacks.

Next week though, oof. Understandable (but still painful) if they had to insert a clip show episode in. Hopefully they make it interesting though with the narrator showing up in person and all.