Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 2- The Mystery of the Museum

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to praise GG on merits that aren't "it's not Adventure:", but it's hard not to think about how this show delivered in two eps what I think the previous series lacked. Also, we're two eps in and no one's died yet (despite the fact all those people should've suffocated ages ago). I think these people will be fine.
I think that attributes to the smaller cast i mean 8 16 if you count the digimon is a heck of alot of characters to write for there's a reason why most digimon series have three main characters
Hm? Tamers is the only one with only 3 though, besides ghost game
Was thinking of tamers and savers forgot about ikuto what i meant was less the the very large 8 adventure had even frontier had only 6 with no partners to write for

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know is the second time I mention it but there's another Digimon bust besides Agumon's. Anyone has been able to identify them? It has a face like OmegaShoutmon and serrated V-shaped fins.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch ep 1 again. All the time was returned to the victims.

? I was talking how abnormal for that friend to appear completely fine. Even if their times got returned. That doesn't change the fact their organs suddenly loses tons of nutrients after being sped up time and magically regained youth.

Just... Imagine your stomach. It suddenly loses all functions after being sped up aged then it returns to have all functions working again but in what exchange? All absorbed nutrients lost forever. That is why I found his condition status seemed weird. Not that Clockmon's defeat + broken parts afterwards and all victims. Maybe its just me ranting how unrealistic is it. lol nvm...

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess I'd say that is quite powerful effect for Clockmon... Who is Adult level in this Ghost Game... Eh can't complain that.

robiu013

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, it's really shaping up well so far. It just needs a plot progression, which transcends the episodic monster of the week and hopefully some meaningful character arcs that aren't just melodrama to overcome in one episode. But, so far it already feels better than Adventure 2020.

Highlight of the episode is obviously the bonding between Hiro and Gammamon. Feels good their taking their time with it, even if it still feels like Tamers Light - cute, but anything that goes wrong is just a minor inconvience so far and not a big problem to solve - People can see Digimon? No problem, just claim it's a hologram, because futuristic technology.

I kinda get the sense, that Champion forms take a bit after the partners appearance, that's why most of them become more humanoid.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can finally talk about the episode (believe me, it's torture for me who still wants to talk about it after broadcast).
In short, I loved the episode, the fact that we are put in scenes where we see the Gammamon / Hiro links being created and strengthened, it's a big plus (can't wait to see how it will be brought about for others)

On the other hand, after broadcast I wonder ... Hiro is in boarding school or not, I mean we can clearly see Hiro going from his room to his school canteen and coming back to his room .... So the logic of A boarding school does not seem to me to be a crazy idea ... But in this case, it does not bother that Hiro stays in a museum during the night when he should be in his room (from memory, there are supervisors who check the presence of the students in the evening in real life) also if he is in boarding school, there should not have been a supervisor who would have shown up during the Clockmon attack (I mean there was a racket of hell)...

If not going back to the episode, the idea of having a Mummymon who isn't really a bad guy, just someone who has a wrong view of what he's doing, I think that's cool. Before broadcast, I told myself that Mummymon would be like his 02 counterpart and that he would do this to gain power (like the Digimons of Tamers, Savers and Hunter) but see that basically, it's just a digimon who wants to take care of people, that makes him more sympathetic and therefore seeing that he is not destroyed but put back on the right path is a good point, can not wait to see if we will see him again later.

And the end of the episode broke my theory that the next band member would be Kiyoshiro because I stupidly thought that as long as the DIM Cards weren't activated by the correct Digivice, the digimons didn't appear ... . But hey, I'm not going to be choosy because that means that Ruli will have more screen time (already that episode 3 is centered on her ^^)

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another nice episode. I was so excited when the opening started. It's been a while since I had this feelings for a Digimon episode.
Oh my god Gammamon is the cutest partner Digimon ever.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was pretty good. I liked the start with Mummymon attacking a man. Nice to see Gammamon is fully visible. Sadly, he had to pretend he was a hologram and couldn't eat steak. I also liked to see Mummymon's attack on the woman. It was nice to see that Mummymon had good intentions. He simply didn't know modern medicine. Nice to see Hiro being mummified too. The BetelGammamon evolution was well done. They simply defended themselves and told Mummymon the truth. I loved to see Angoramon going after Ruki at the end.

Guilmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a cute and fun episode.

That scene where Gammamon describes the things he's tasting in his own Gammamon way and Hiro tries to decipher it was adorable. Seeing the two bonding and having a picnic in secret with that soothing, kinda nostalgic soundtrack in the background really sold the moment for me.

I find it weird how Gammamon knows what a brother is but doesn't seem to know the term "father."

Apparently in this season Digimon introduce themselves to each other before duking it out. I don't know why I find that funny lol

Mummymon wanting to help people was a nice change of pace. The fight ended a little too soon though. We got a new, fist-bumping song, and you'd expect a cool fight to go along with it, but instead we got Hiro reprimanding Mummymon. Gammamon's evolution sequence was kinda underwhelming too.

Hopefully we'll see Mummymon again in the future. I'm just not sure if I'd let a guy with a machine gun anywhere near a hospital.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Phew, I was worried after the first episode but this was a vast improvement. The bizarre editing from last week is gone and hopefully for good. The decision to focus on Hiro and Gammamon instead of cramming in multiple scenes with the other two humans gave the episode much needed time to breathe. Mummymon misunderstanding human culture and being talked down rather than deleted felt straight out of GeGeGe no Kitaro, which isn't a bad thing so long as it's done in moderation. That said, the fight was disappointingly short once Gammamon evolved.

Overall I enjoyed this episode a lot. More of this and less of last week please.

Ghalheart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two episodes in, and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far! Gammamon is above-and-beyond adorable, and the new evolution sequence with BetelGammamon (and insert song) shows promise, even if they're a bit short for their series debut.

From a story standpoint, I thought it was cool with Mummymon realizing the error of his ways instead of getting outright deleted, and it shows that there's wild Digimon in the world that can be reasoned with, so there's that. That said, I think each Digimon encounter is going to be a case-by-case scenario where our heroes need to either convince them to stop or destroy them outright, but we'll just have to wait and see, eh?

Anyways, looking forward to more! :D

Soul070

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loved it. I hope to see Mummymon again in the future.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it weird how Gammamon knows what a brother is but doesn't seem to know the term "father."
Digimon don’t have parents (except in Xros Wars), but they can have biological siblings (since Terriermon/Lopmon can be born as twins).

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not that bad of an episode but it was boring for me at least... I found the sequence to be really short and kind of bad. The good thing is that Mummymon was not defeated by an Adult... Gammamon sure is annoying. Like Guilmon better. I will wait for the next episodes to decide to drop it or not.

Dathanatus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not that bad of an episode but it was boring for me at least... I found the sequence to be really short and kind of bad. The good thing is that Mummymon was not defeated by an Adult... Gammamon sure is annoying. Like Guilmon better. I will wait for the next episodes to decide to drop it or not.
Say that again! Say that again I dare you! I double dare you!
ieglcehv2kw61.jpg

Take it back right now. I'm not quacking around. Gammamon is baby and I won't stand for this slander.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sure, way to trigger my existential anxiety on a Sunday morning, Hiro, that was nice of you.

But for real, another good episode. I like that not all the Hologram Ghosts are evil, and it works in favor of one of my preferred things about Digimon, that it be reflective of the world we're living in. Of course a digital AI would take the wrong lesson from context-less history, which is why it's so important that we relate how we've learned and evolved.

And speaking of evolution, BetelGammamon! Clever that he didn't beat Mummymon through brute force, they're doing a decent job of respecting the levels (not that those should be ironclad, but still). Decent insert song too, although I do miss Be The Winners.

Gammamon continues to be a precious boy who must be kept safe at all times, and also be given chocolate whenever he wants. Kinda funny that they brush aside him being a real thing with "uhhhh AI hologram" and that seems to work, but hopefully they don't use that line every episode, cuz that'd get old.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Say that again! Say that again I dare you! I double dare you!
ieglcehv2kw61.jpg

Take it back right now. I'm not quacking around. Gammamon is baby and I won't stand for this slander.
This is the correct reaction to Gammamon slander. Tiny choco-loving triceratops is amazing.

Guilmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon don’t have parents (except in Xros Wars), but they can have biological siblings (since Terriermon/Lopmon can be born as twins).
The Ballmon from Frontier also had parents, and we've seen plenty of examples of digimon exhibiting human family-like relationships. It really doesn't matter whether those relationships are biological or not.

Brubarb

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess I'd say that is quite powerful effect for Clockmon... Who is Adult level in this Ghost Game... Eh can't complain that.
In lore it is said that Clockmon always maintains neutrality because whoever's side it joins, it will tip the scales in their favour.