Digimon Ghost Game: Episode 2- The Mystery of the Museum

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 2, The Mystery of the Museum

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 1.

Episode 2 airs Sunday, October 10th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, October 9th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, October 9th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, October 10th, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• ep2preview06_october9_2021.jpg
    ep2preview06_october9_2021.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 17,238

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like it got 3 terms on Japanese twitter trending! Digimon, Ghost Game, and Mummymon were all on trending while the episode was on~
Seems like it'll be a good one!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Starting off with the stereotypical salaryman walking home, and then attacked by Mummymon. Not a bad way to start. Especially carrying him off and having someone see it.

Gammamon chomping on Hiro for a Gammamon Snack. And he gets a burger for breakfast.

Asking about the digital world, Digimon, etc. We have a curious lead, asking the good questions. Gammamon isn't helpful though unfortunately.

And there are the wings. And confirming for Hiro that Gammamon is in fact 'not' ghostly.

Ruli wandering around for mysteries really does solidify that I'm pretty sure the basic inspiration was Hyouka. Her trying to get the mummies to move was great. As was Mummymon peeking out and scaring her friend.

Chuumon!

And confirmation that people 'can' see Gammamon now that he's realized fully. They just still 'assume' he's a hologram. Poor Gammamon, missed out on a steak sample. Life is hard in hiding.

Gammamon sitting there eating reiterates that it appears there is more than a bit of Zeromaru in him, having him sit there like a puppy. The first bite of chocolate.

I like that he's basically creating a Gammamon to human dictionary. It's an interesting touch.

And it appears there was a small Agumon cameo in the museum. One of the statues. (Plus the wink to likely Greymon with the hologram discussion.)

I'd like the show to improve it's fog effect. It comes across as random image banding instead of fog much of the time... It may just be random banding.

Mummymon mummying people up gives a nice visual.

Worried boy is worried...

The museum exhibition really is setup nicely as far as visuals and feeling like the world goes.

Mummy Gammamon!

And they jump to Kizuna with that some Digimon can just 'unlock' digital locks at times.

Nice of Mummymon to answer Hiro's questions. Always something a bit amusing when the bad guys are bad, but oddly polite and helpful.

The twist that Mummymon is trying to help people and doesn't understand worked well, even if it's kind of minimal and inconsequential overall.

Gammamon's deep love of food allowing him to evolve. lol. Also wanting to save Hiro.

The evolution scene itself felt.... oddly short and minimal. Wonder if that'll be longer in the future.

First Rider, the new insert song, I liked how it was used. I think I need to hear the full version, or the short one more, before being sure how I feel about it. The song changes partway through a bit, and the energy felt a bit drained.

And Mummymon has his mistake confirmed and stops. And off he goes to learn about modern medicine. Hopefully we hear from him again.

I also hope we don't get trapped in a loop that 'every' Digimon walks away at the end.

Angoramon with his helicopter ears! Good place to end at.

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was another digimon statue besides Agumon, some ultimate-level like with sawed fins... Who is that?

dL9TAS1.png

(Plus the wink to likely Greymon with the hologram discussion.)
I'd bet he was referencing Tyranomon.

And they jump to Kizuna with that some Digimon can just 'unlock' digital locks at times.
Also, Cyber Sleuth.

Last edited:

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked this episode, I didn't think Mummymon would be the thing to bring me around on it but it worked. Him being so different than Clockmon in motive was unexpected this early on in the story. His very simple and flawed view was also interesting. The horror this time is more mentally frightful. The claustrophobia, a basic concept of death, the idea of being mummified alive... good thing he skipped to the last part. Gammamon is trying to speed his way into to being the cutest partner as fast as it can be. The fight was pretty neat and the resolution was nice.

My initial worry with this series was a lack of inturege other than, "see *this* digimon" but the preview this time managed to keep the mystery alive so I'm looking forward to that one.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More Tamers vibes this episode with Gammamon much like Guilmon.
I'm really surprised of what they did with Mummymon from just another plain villain to someone who got twisted ideas of helping humans. Need more of these kinds of characters to make the show great to watch
The evolution is rather quick but ok at this stage. Great to see fights that don't end with bad guys' total demise.
Overall another tense and intriguing episode. Can't wait for the next one:)

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another good episode.

Mummymon being a twist on a doctor was ingenious rather than having him be a typical bad guy. What I liked most of all is that he got to walk away and learn from his mistake rather than being taken out.

Gammamon is such a cutie! The evolution and the fight was concise but it worked well. Glad he did not take out an ultimate as a champion.

The entire show has an endearing, wholesome vibe about it which is makes an interesting dynamic considering the horror theme.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, this episode was very good. It appears they're doing something similar to Adventure and Tamers, where the characters are eased into what's going on and what these bizarre events are at the same pace as the audience, which makes for very effective world building and mystery. I also like how Hiro has a personal reason to go searching for Digimon and finding out more about them.
Mummymon was great. He was just as scary as Clockmon, but the difference between them is still night and day. Clockmon was genuinely sadistic and had no desire to help anyone. Mummymon on the other hand was misguided but simply wanted to help. There's not a single malicious bone in his body. I hope we see more of him in the future of the series, he would make for a great recurring ally should any of the main characters end up in the hospital at some point. Maybe he could even assist them with gathering information.

Something else I liked was that here it's established that Digimon that are still in their "hologram ghost" state can choose when to phase through solid matter and when to physically touch it. This is shown when Mummymon accidentally touches the glass at the museum exhibit before getting out. Little details like that really help shut up my nitpicky side.

Only problem I had was the anticlimactic fight scene.

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode I think fits more with the atmosphere the series is going for, compared to the first episode. Mummymon being very menacing and the threat of actual civilian death made this episode a lot more darker in tone.

Anyone else find it weird that Hiro was sleeping on the floor, even though the bed was right there?
The scene of him feeding Gammamon was very cute, a nice bonding experience. Also we get to see more of Hiro's "inquisitiveness" and "curiosity" as he creates a dictionary among other actions. (I guess that Toei is pidgeonholing Tamura as the VA for smart redheaded boys lol)
I think the act from Hiro getting captured and on was very well done and the evolution sequence, while short, was very fluid as well as the battle between Mummymon and BetelGammamon. Kinda disappointed that Mummymon was really defeated by Hiro educating him.

Excited for Angoramon's debut next week, has he always been there?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Turned out it's evolution transformation in Xros style. Huge disappointment. But...

Mummymon survived and actually learnt a lesson?!! Being a doctor like that?! uhhh good luck with that.

Seriously Mummymon's lair reminded me of a certain killer from Fate Stay Zero... *Shudders*

Mummymon sure got tons of personality! It surprised me he pulled out knives from his belt unlike in 02 which he never used it. So it was the knives. Not some kind of tiny staff thingies.

Gammamon able to endure some kind of electric cage from Mummymon's gun... What madness is this?

BetelGammamon didn't impress me enough... Needs more?

Hey... That friend of Hiro's... He seemed completely fine despite being sped up aged.... Just what the hades? It would have all organs damaged for sure... Oh well.

So all wild digimons roaming here aren't attracted or joined the dark side but simply seeking their desires out on their owns which is very interesting.

Mummymon was actually answering to Hiro very honestly that really surprised me after the ending.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to praise GG on merits that aren't "it's not Adventure:", but it's hard not to think about how this show delivered in two eps what I think the previous series lacked. Also, we're two eps in and no one's died yet (despite the fact all those people should've suffocated ages ago). I think these people will be fine.

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to praise GG on merits that aren't "it's not Adventure:", but it's hard not to think about how this show delivered in two eps what I think the previous series lacked. Also, we're two eps in and no one's died yet (despite the fact all those people should've suffocated ages ago). I think these people will be fine.
I think that attributes to the smaller cast i mean 8 16 if you count the digimon is a heck of alot of characters to write for there's a reason why most digimon series have three main characters

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love the episode.

Clockmon and Mummymon are the other examples that digimon can be either good or bad, depends on many factors.

Tyumon is quite popular lately. Kizuna, Adventure:, and now Ghost Game. Hopefully he isn't just a cameo.

Thatguy3331

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a nice second episode!

Even if it's an obvious ploy to milk Gammamon's cuteness, I did like that they gave such time to show Hiro and Gammamon getting genuinely closer before fighting Mummymon and that Hiro's motivation to running into him was soley to get information (until he was kidnapped and realized there actually were people to save.)

As funny as it is that the way to take Mummymon down was just to tell it "hey, people die when they are killed." I do like how trying to talk it out of it's actions was the actual solution to the problem with the evolution only serving to help defend themselves. Makes me wonder if the digimon the teams help out over the course of the season will come back to help them out in some way (knowing digimon the probably will)

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that attributes to the smaller cast i mean 8 16 if you count the digimon is a heck of alot of characters to write for there's a reason why most digimon series have three main characters
Hm? Tamers is the only one with only 3 though, besides ghost game

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gammamon sitting there eating reiterates that it appears there is more than a bit of Zeromaru in him, having him sit there like a puppy. The first bite of chocolate.
The scene was basically a reference to Taichi and Zeromaru trying a bunch of food and plants to see how Zero responded to them.

I love how this show feels so much like Cyber Sleuth.

It’s still bizarre that Gammamon has bat wings.

Thatguy3331

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
considering Gammamon has 3 adult/champion level forms it makes sense that the actual transformation sequence was pretty quick and simple (though still flashy) *crosses fingers that Angoromon and Jellymon also have alts*

That being said I do wonder how much having alts will matter once the Digimon get to perfect/ultimate since at that point it might be pretty silly for every single stage to have an alt.

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All th
Turned out it's evolution transformation in Xros style. Huge disappointment. But...

Mummymon survived and actually learnt a lesson?!! Being a doctor like that?! uhhh good luck with that.

Seriously Mummymon's lair reminded me of a certain killer from Fate Stay Zero... *Shudders*

Mummymon sure got tons of personality! It surprised me he pulled out knives from his belt unlike in 02 which he never used it. So it was the knives. Not some kind of tiny staff thingies.

Gammamon able to endure some kind of electric cage from Mummymon's gun... What madness is this?

BetelGammamon didn't impress me enough... Needs more?

Hey... That friend of Hiro's... He seemed completely fine despite being sped up aged.... Just what the hades? It would have all organs damaged for sure... Oh well.

So all wild digimons roaming here aren't attracted or joined the dark side but simply seeking their desires out on their owns which is very interesting.

Mummymon was actually answering to Hiro very honestly that really surprised me after the ending.
Watch ep 1 again. All the time was returned to the victims.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Favorite thing about the episode was the Agumon-like skeleton in the museum xD

From seeing the end of episode 2...Hmm so much for thinking Hiro was going to give his remaining digivices to the remaining 2 kids. Unless Angoramon was just following Ruri, theres still a chance that can happen? Angora gets injured > have to use the digivice to heal (plus become partners as well). It would be a lot like Xros Wars !

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The cameo of Agumon makes his record of appearing in all digimon anime is alive.

One more thing to notice: The computer in Hiro's room is the Pineapple Computer. Like Koshiro's in Adventure and Koshiro's in Adventure:.