I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yusss it is real, can't wait adventure of taichi 2020 ro end and this to start

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am enormously relieved to see that this seems to have nothing at all to do with Adventure:.

This is also the first human cast since Savers that aren't visually annoying me right off the bat. The overall minimalist and somber tone of this one teaser has me more intrigued than any of the seasons of recent years. Digging the rather unconventional look for the lead mons as well - Especially the jellyfish one!

Gimmicks aren't inherently a bad thing, and every season since 02 has had at least one, but I do hope they've learned by now that leaning too hard into them tends to push fans away. Traditional evolution lines with something extra on top always seems to sit better with folks than trying to overwrite the formula completely. Go too familiar and you risk boring the audience. Too different and they might not watch at all.

Bigly looking forward to more news for this soon. Just please... please don't let the digivice look like absolute ass. 🙏
I agree with the visuals! I remember when the Xros Wars posters and designs came up. Oof, quite a bad time that was. The protagonist was once again an hyperactive, super-optimistic boy with colourful clothes.

These protagonists look a lot more 'grounded'.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am enormously relieved to see that this seems to have nothing at all to do with Adventure:.

This is also the first human cast since Savers that aren't visually annoying me right off the bat. The overall minimalist and somber tone of this one teaser has me more intrigued than any of the seasons of recent years. Digging the rather unconventional look for the lead mons as well - Especially the jellyfish one!

Gimmicks aren't inherently a bad thing, and every season since 02 has had at least one, but I do hope they've learned by now that leaning too hard into them tends to push fans away. Traditional evolution lines with something extra on top always seems to sit better with folks than trying to overwrite the formula completely. Go too familiar and you risk boring the audience. Too different and they might not watch at all.

Bigly looking forward to more news for this soon. Just please... please don't let the digivice look like absolute ass. 🙏
I agree with the visuals! I remember when the Xros Wars posters and designs came up. Oof, quite a bad time that was. The protagonist was once again an hyperactive, super-optimistic boy with colourful clothes.

more generic than normal designs and ghosts/yokais. this is just the anime version of survive

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Know what I like to see in the new anime, the characters having more than one partner like in the story games or Xross wars.

And might Pulsemon might still appear as secret extra like how they did with Ryo and cyberdramon or Keenan and Falcomon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Know what I like to see in the new anime, the characters having more than one partner like in the story games or Xross wars.

And might Pulsemon might still appear as secret extra like how they did with Ryo and cyberdramon or Keenan and Falcomon
Having only 3 humans would be perfect for dual partners. I think even 4 would be a bit much, because then you'd have a total of 12 characters they'd have to give equal focus too. But 9 is manageable, I think.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering the term Ghost, do you think this season will have a more supernatural focus?

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering the term Ghost, do you think this season will have a more supernatural focus?
I don't know. The designs still look like regular Digimon to me. They could mean the word in the figurative sense: Ghost as in something secret, special ops-like. Or mysterious forces working under the radar.

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I hope people give it a chance and not spoil the milk if its not their cup of tea.

Prodigious

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope they focus on world building and character development

Adventure: lacks soul.
I do hope it’s set in the same universe though. I don’t want new mechanics or gimmicks

I pray it’s just new Digimon. New bad guy. new team.
If you're not going to have it have anything to do with Adventure: Narratively, why even keep it in the same universe just for the sake of traditional evolution? Besides, if it weren't for new mechanics and gimmicks, we wouldn't have cool stuff like Jogress or Burst Modes. I know Spirit evolution and Digi-Xros missed the mark, but I don't see that as any reason to start playing it safe. Pokemon does that and, while it does reliably bring in new fans every generation, the lack of innovation tends to bore long time fans who eventually leave the franchise behind.
I’d keep it in the same universe to expand what they rebooted. Every major franchise is doing expanded universes. Digimon always do separate universes.

it would make crossovers better and leave opportunity for existing characters to return or current plot holes and/or plot points to be explored further.
The new cast don’t need to have anything to do with adventure: but it’d be cool if the events of adventure have impact or are referenced in the new show.
it’s great works building

also, when I mentioned new mechanics/gimmicks I was referring to cross wars and appmon

Unpopular opinion but frontier is one of my favourite seasons lol
New ways to evolve doesn’t need to have its own separate universe and digiworld
02 proved that by having jogress and armour evolution.

This whole comment! Took the words out of my mouth

netsquire

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hyped for Angolamon. I hope they actually dub this anime.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ll laugh if they actually find a way to work Taichi into this.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’d keep it in the same universe to expand what they rebooted. Every major franchise is doing expanded universes. Digimon always do separate universes.
God no, please let this be it's own thing. This is more of a personal gripe thing, but besides my general apathy for Adventure:, I utterly loathe connected universes. They're all just cheap marketing ploys to get people interested in otherwise mediocre media and only serve to fuck up a series lore and continuaty, that's why I hate Ryo and all he stands for, along with the Young Hunters ending.

Digimon is better with just having different continuities with the digimon themselves as the uniting force. Non canon crossovers like with what V-Tamer has are fine but theres no need to connect them in one big mess.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And calm. They should be older than average digimon anime protags. I like their designs.

I’ll laugh if they actually find a way to work Taichi into this.
Well, since it seems like Tenya Yabuno is the designer, I think we would get a crossover manga at least. But of course if that happens, it could be Taichi from V-Tamer.

Strontium

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe I'm in the minority but I really like these Digimon designs! I'm interested to see more about this series.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God no, please let this be it's own thing. This is more of a personal gripe thing, but besides my general apathy for Adventure:, I utterly loathe connected universes. They're all just cheap marketing ploys to get people interested in otherwise mediocre media and only serve to fuck up a series lore and continuaty, that's why I hate Ryo and all he stands for, along with the Young Hunters ending.

Digimon is better with just having different continuities with the digimon themselves as the uniting force. Non canon crossovers like with what V-Tamer has are fine but theres no need to connect them in one big mess.

Curiously, Toei has many "connected" universes.

Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Precure has many movies where the different groups work together. However, each season is pretty independent from others.

We need to understand that they aren't so "rigid" with the lore in that aspect. They don't care if it there is contradiction on how these stories could connect.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It only took them 25 years to do a main protagonist Digimon design I truly love. Gammamon is great.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. So this was real. That's great and fun. Now I have no idea how this will go and I'm actually quite happy to see it. There are so many questions that we might have to wait to get answers to.

ReyesFeyster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't be the only one who feels sort of Tamer's vibes from this poster right? It likely won't be anything like Tamers as I don't think it's magic can really be captured twice, specially not in today's anime climate but if it did serve to be a modern and supernatural take on Tamer's and it succeeded then I will be a very happy camper. If they bring Konaka back then I will be an extremely happy camper. I would love to see another Digimon series by his hands.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still not feeling the character designs, but again, might look better in animation. Digimon designs are great, been a while since we've had one with articles of clothing, so that's neat. Hopefully it'll be good!