Digimon: Ghost Game Announced at DigiFes

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Goodbye, Adventure:. nobody would cry after you. New human protagonists looks mature, I hope for something like Savers.

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I'll be dipped. It was real. I sure hope this is more "traditional" than Appmon was.

Amazed we didn't get a trailer. I mean, if it's replacing Adventure: and said show only has about 7 episodes left, Ghost Game should be premiering in less than two months, right?

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i'm sad the reboot end without continuation, but i hope i'll like this new animes

That's exactly how I feel :(

but oh well! Getting anything new in Digimon is exciting

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Angolamon doesn't have digimon eyes under his fluff, I will riot.
This is random guess, but I like if the eyes look like Terriermon's or Patamon's or Cutemon's.
Since Jellymon has those type of eyes, I'd be a bit perplexed if that's what Angolamon looks like. Anything's better than like dot eyes though.
Actually, Jellymon's eyes is in the same category with Palmon's, not Terriermon's.

If Angolamon doesn't have digimon eyes under his fluff, I will riot.
This is random guess, but I like if the eyes look like Terriermon's or Patamon's or Cutemon's.
Perhaps something more like this - https://i.imgur.com/Cy9BEPW.gif
Hahaha I like it.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is awesome, Gammamon I like the most in the new anime, Pulsemon is still my number one favorite though so is Dorumon, Dracomon, and Zubamon.

I now they give new evolution forms for new Digimon but here’s what I came up already.

Gammamon > Monochromon > Triceramon
Angoramon > Mojyamon > Korikakumon
Jellymon > Ranamon > Calamarimon
I’m not sure on mega’s.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not crazy about the digimon yet, I just see too much of other ones in their designs. But I'm sure it'll look better animated.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The MC doesn't look like he has goggle. Maybe not yet. Wonder his name will have "Ta"/"Dai" Hiragana.

This seems to be a short series, right? I hope it'll have solid story and characterization.

Gammamon > Monochromon > Triceramon
Angoramon > Mojyamon > Korikakumon
Jellymon > Ranamon > Calamarimon
I’m not sure on mega’s.
Gammamon to Monochromon to Triceramon or Vermilimon to Dorbickmon.

I believe they will get new evolutions but I think they can evo branch into them.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love people who already imagine the lines of evolution of our new digimons heroes by taking old digimons from the license when there is a 99% chance that the said evolutions are also new digimons (as in the previous seasons in fact)

Kyaromonfan96

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's see what the new Digimon Anime has new creatures along side the main 3

Prodigious

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope they focus on world building and character development

Adventure: lacks soul.
I do hope it’s set in the same universe though. I don’t want new mechanics or gimmicks

I pray it’s just new Digimon. New bad guy. new team.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's see what the new Digimon Anime has new creatures along side the main 3
In view of the looks of the first digimons, we risk having a majority of digimon who will be close to urban legends, cryptids, folklore or even mythology.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, we've got so little information here that it's almost impossible to say whether it looks like it'll be good or not, but I'm cautiously optimistic all the same. At the very least, I look forward to giving it a try and seeing what it's like.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The MC doesn't look like he has goggle. Maybe not yet. Wonder his name will have "Ta"/"Dai" Hiragana.

This seems to be a short series, right? I hope it'll have solid story and characterization.
What makes you say it will be short? Has any official source called it a miniseries or anything? Otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't be around 50 episodes

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I do hope it’s set in the same universe though. I don’t want new mechanics or gimmicks

If you're not going to have it have anything to do with Adventure: Narratively, why even keep it in the same universe just for the sake of traditional evolution? Besides, if it weren't for new mechanics and gimmicks, we wouldn't have cool stuff like Jogress or Burst Modes. I know Spirit evolution and Digi-Xros missed the mark, but I don't see that as any reason to start playing it safe. Pokemon does that and, while it does reliably bring in new fans every generation, the lack of innovation tends to bore long time fans who eventually leave the franchise behind.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What makes you say it will be short? Has any official source called it a miniseries or anything? Otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't be around 50 episodes
Sorry. Not yet. I said that based on the leaks two days ago. September - December airing. It would be wrong and I hope so. I want it to be long series like previous ones.

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What do you mean it's real

Definitely looking forward to seeing the staff announced 'cause the character designs look like they were done by Yabuno Ten'ya and I desperately want to know if he did the character art or not

ReyesFeyster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does the main protagonist have a burn or mark on his ear?

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If you're not going to have it have anything to do with Adventure: Narratively, why even keep it in the same universe just for the sake of traditional evolution? Besides, if it weren't for new mechanics and gimmicks, we wouldn't have cool stuff like Jogress or Burst Modes. I know Spirit evolution and Digi-Xros missed the mark, but I don't see that as any reason to start playing it safe. Pokemon does that and, while it does reliably bring in new fans every generation, the lack of innovation tends to bore long time fans who eventually leave the franchise behind.
I disagree, the 'system' ain't the problem (as you said, many are not big fans of Fusions/Xros ups), but the way it's handled. You hear nobody complaining about Digivolution when it comes to Adventure (reboot). The criticism comes from an uninspired story and a lack of character development.

Quinnzel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am enormously relieved to see that this seems to have nothing at all to do with Adventure:.

This is also the first human cast since Savers that aren't visually annoying me right off the bat. The overall minimalist and somber tone of this one teaser has me more intrigued than any of the seasons of recent years. Digging the rather unconventional look for the lead mons as well - Especially the jellyfish one!

Gimmicks aren't inherently a bad thing, and every season since 02 has had at least one, but I do hope they've learned by now that leaning too hard into them tends to push fans away. Traditional evolution lines with something extra on top always seems to sit better with folks than trying to overwrite the formula completely. Go too familiar and you risk boring the audience. Too different and they might not watch at all.

Bigly looking forward to more news for this soon. Just please... please don't let the digivice look like absolute ass. 🙏 (EDIT: Aaannnnd it turns out I was already wearing it when I wrote this lmaooo)

Last edited:

Digimonuniverse

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What leak are you talking about tarama, that said September- December, if the series start in October