Digimon Genesis (fanfiction/comic)

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so i decided to dump my old comic idea and started this one, based on some stuff discussed in the Multiverse Thread, yeah i´ll try to cover some stuff while writing an interesting story.
i dunno till which point exactly it´ll go but if you like you can leave a suggestion :D

so anyway CHAPTER 1

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really dig the aesthetic so far, thank you for posting.

I have to ask because of the human-beast conflict and the image of Lucemon on the cover -- is this intended to be an origin story for Frontier? I'm familiar with your split timeline theory as well.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ty :D, yes pre era frontier is the main focus for now, though i will implement some other elements aswell.

Guilmon'sHomie

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is this about a sort of conflict dealing with digimon evolution lines? As in say some digimon prefer non-humanoid forms and see those who become humanoid as a perversion and due to an unknown hatred of humans?

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is this about a sort of conflict dealing with digimon evolution lines? As in say some digimon prefer non-humanoid forms and see those who become humanoid as a perversion and due to an unknown hatred of humans?
kinda, it´s a bit of a prequel to the humanoid vs. beast thing in frontier and tamers, atleast for now.
i have in mind a couple deeper themes about why some Digimon act like they do, going away from the "we are evil cause we are evil"

i really hope i can find some time to continue it, though i don´t know if it´s even worth it since it doesn´t seem to spark alot of interest in people on the board.
maybe it changes once i go to the actual meat of it.

on a side note i made a web comic before which sparked alot of interest, though it was a comedy and i think those are easier acceptable for the fans.

Guilmon'sHomie

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
kinda, it´s a bit of a prequel to the humanoid vs. beast thing in frontier and tamers, atleast for now.
i have in mind a couple deeper themes about why some Digimon act like they do, going away from the "we are evil cause we are evil"

i really hope i can find some time to continue it, though i don´t know if it´s even worth it since it doesn´t seem to spark alot of interest in people on the board.
maybe it changes once i go to the actual meat of it.

on a side note i made a web comic before which sparked alot of interest, though it was a comedy and i think those are easier acceptable for the fans.
Hey, I wouldn't take the fact that you aren't getting replies back to heart. I just recently joined myself and started getting back into writing fanfics. check the boards every so often and don't really reply much myself but I read the posts. It does look like there are some people who care enough to view your thread at least. I posted a few one-shots if yah notice and don't get really any replies. Doesn't bother me much, I have a feeling people read. I mostly write because it's a fun hobby, and since my head is up in the clouds alot I end up thinking of scenarios.

Also you have to take into consideration that Digimon has been around for a few decades, so there is alot of fan-fiction out already. But don't let that stop you from writing fanfiction about Digimon I would agree parodies and comedies do pretty well, it's funny seeing our favorite characters in funny situations. Look at Robot Chicken.
But I like the ones too where fanfiction takes the characters and places them in a different setting or universe. That's the best way to view fanfiction, just alternate universes. You are god in that universe and your creations want to be made. You're not going to deny them existence are you? That would be kinda dick move there.

Got a link to you webcomic BTW?

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Off topic: Dude your Persona / SMT character designs just had me rolling around the floor giggling. I'm bookmarking this page. Thanks for linking.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Off topic: Dude your Persona / SMT character designs just had me rolling around the floor giggling. I'm bookmarking this page. Thanks for linking.
thx dude :D always great to see someone liking it, the comic is kinda on a hold right now since the SMT forum i posted these went down so i have no audience left T_T
maybe someday in the future i find a side to post it again, the last page i did was a Invader Zim based "Episode" here is the link http://i.imgur.com/g95wtd2.jpg

Guilmon'sHomie

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i most liekly continue it anyway since it´s my hobby to draw stuff and come up with storys,

http://masteroftartarus.imgur.com/
it´s about Persona/SMT and most of it plays around with some fan memes and insider jokes, dunno if it´s even fun for outsiders :/
Yeah I've never played persona at all, so I didn't follow alot of it, hehe but I liked "Let's Dance Crazy"