Digimon Game Community Website Opens w/ Watanabe Interview and Nakano Guidebook

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a bit late, but Digimon Game Community has opened!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Most of the Hacker's Memory information we've already gotten, but the site already has a number of other things even though it's just opened...

You can register for an account.

Various other elements of the site appear to be up, some of which require registration, including:
The Community Section
The section where you can ask developers questions
A questionnaire section for Digimon fans to run polls about Digimon for other members to respond to.
News

And you can raise your own Digimon on the site! The site records what Digimon you have gotten in a 'dictionary' connected to your account. You use points earned via various things: having your comment selected by the staff (they don't specify exactly what this means), voting on themes they like, etc. Points can be used to evolve your Digimon.

The site has also added some content of interest to Digimon fans...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An interview with Kenji Watanabe. They mention this is part 1 and that part 2 is coming soon.

Hopefully we are able to get this translated, but no promises.

And last, but not least for now...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition, new artwork has been made featuring Cyber Sleuth characters Ami and Keisuke for a guidebook for Nakano Broadway, a real life shopping complex that was featured heavily in Cyber Sleuth. This is meant to be the first wave of a promotional collaboration between Nakano Broadway and Bandai in the leadup to the release of Hacker's Memory.

There may be some additional information once garm or shin is able to translate it.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it's a really REALLY awesome page for dedicated fans. Bandai sure NAILED IT so much.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I went to Nakano Broadway when I was in Tokyo last year. It's a very interesting shopping center. You're more likely to find Digimon merchandise there than in Akihabara. I got myself a Anime colored 15th anniversary digivice from one shop and some Hyper Coliseum cards from another.

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, apparently I can't register from America :/ I'm not really surprised but I am disappointed.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh I might join this once I get some more info on this if it gets translated and I got a good idea of what is what here. I only know Spanish and English after all and fully depend on google translate for sites like this.

And that suggestions section tempts me to tell the devs to add in/consider the Three musketeers in future games.

Edit: Tried registering but it appears that if you don't register from Japan it won't let you in. Can anyone confirm that it lets you in if you made an account and chose Japan?

Last edited:

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh I might join this once I get some more info on this if it gets translated and I got a good idea of what is what here. I only know Spanish and English after all and fully depend on google translate for sites like this.

And that suggestions section tempts me to tell the devs to add in/consider the Three musketeers in future games.

Edit: Tried registering but it appears that if you don't register from Japan it won't let you in. Can anyone confirm that it lets you in if you made an account and chose Japan?
Gematsu said that you can register with Japan / Asia IP. I can register into it without any problem coz I live in South East Asia

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't able to visit Nakano broadway last time I was in Japan, would love to next time (lord knows when that will be). Love the artwork there.

Hopefully we get a lot of good info out of the Game Community!

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I recall hearing about a way to trick the IP into thinking you're from Japan, but I forget how to do it. Also, is there any way to change your location if you already registered your e-mail address?

EDIT: Okay, it seems there's an option to simply delete your account. I never did anything with mine, but just to make sure, can you delete it and then immediately re-register with the same e-mail without any complications?

Last edited:

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, apparently I can't register from America :/ I'm not really surprised but I am disappointed.
Same. Maybe I should have continue reading through this thread before spending 20 minutes trying to register @_@

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About the Digimon raising thing, it seems like you get 200 points off the bat, 50 points for every news article you 'view' (click on), and i think 10 points per day if you access the site. Not sure if there are any other ways to earn points atm..I tried posting on the forum thing, but that doesn't seem to give you points.
so far I have egg > Botamon > Koromon/Wanyamon :p Koromon can evolve into Agumon/Guilmon/Toyagumon/Hackmon.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't actually care about your IP address... if you have registered a bandai namco ID with a japanese email and address etc it will always let you login with that. I Don't even remember if I needed to do any special workaround when registering that ID, but even if I did... it's only necessary once.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Forgot to mention it yesterday, but I got it working. I did sign up for a Japanese Yahoo mail some time before, so I was able to use that during sign-up.

Pretty interesting posts I'm seeing so far. Nice to see that quite a few Japanese fans seem to be familiar with the multitude of obscure Digimon that don't even have official art at this point, let alone a Reference Book profile. And LOL, a couple people on there want Citramon from the English Savers dub to be made into an official Digimon.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah, I think they're fine. I see quite a few people bringing them up.

BTW, is it true that Beelstarmon was edited in Digimon Heroes? I tried looking it up, and couldn't find any info on it. One poster's bringing it up like it was a famous incident.

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah a lot of Digimon Heroes cards were edited, including Belle Starrmon, Angewomon, and Rosemon.