Digimon Fusion - Young Hunters Kai

Artystic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys!
Been observing the forums for a while, finally found a reason to register.

***POST IS SUMMARISED AT BOTTOM OF POST***

So about 2 years ago, just after Hunters ended, I decided to edit Hunters into a few feature-length... OVAs, I guess.
I called this project "XrosKai" and completed it, and I believe it came in at around the 3-hour mark.

I never uploaded them, as my one attempt with YouTube infringed on copyright bla bla bla, and I didn't think people cared.
Unfortunately, I lost the project files earlier this year but I think I may want to re-edit them and see if I can do a better job.

I've seen people complain about the amount of filler in Hunters, would this be something people would actually be interested in watching?

I could, at a squeeze, have it all under 2 hours. This would be removing the Akari, Nene and Betsumon episodes, though.
Akari episode can easily be removed, but I feel Nene's resurgence should be in there.
I like Betsumon's episode as a comic relief ep, but it's not vital, and the Sanzomon/Gokuwmon appearances are ultimately plot-threads-left-dangling.

Annoyingly enough, the way I've cut it means the Specials would be better off as 3x1h, with the Akari/Nene/Betsu eps included (and with naturally-timed cliffhangers)
4x45mins could also work, with clever editing to maintain good endings for all specials.
The 4 short specials option would require the most rejigging of the original material, but may be easier to digest as an hour can feel too long. Plus the 3x1h option would likely have the middle short being mostly semi-filler.
Aargh, choices!

Should I just concentrate on getting it as condensed as possible and remove the Akari/Nene/Betsumon episodes? I believe I can make it work, but it'd be difficult!
By the way, most of the Volcdramon episode will be there. Idk if you guys consider it filler or not, but Kiriha returns, it's an easy way for me to edit in more of the 3 enemy Hunters, and I generally think it was an awesome episode. Plus Nene was there, so that could be a reason to remove her other episode.

SUMMARY OF POST (Post Kai) :
If I uploaded my "Condensed Hunters Specials" (only important plot scenes in there, no filler eps included), would you want to watch it?
Would be between 2 and 3 hours. (Divided up into 3 specials)( Please read post for more details)

Last edited:

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would probably watch it. I've been trying to get through Xross Wars and can't find the time...

Artystic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unfortunately I'm only doing Young Hunters atm, so the first 50-odd episodes of XW you'll still have to trek through! :p

Oh and an update: I've completed the first Special, and managed to cut 30 minutes out of 4 episodes (1, 2, 5, 14) to make it 60 minutes. So that's the first 1hr special down!

I'm leaving out the Nene and Akari eps (sorry Akari/Nene fans!)(I love Nene, but her episode just wasn't important or even good), so now need to somehow condense the already-packed 4-part finale into 60 minutes... Help me. D;

I may end up making it into 3 lots of 45, with #1 being the intro to Digiquartz and characters, #2 being the set-up to the big-bad, and #3 being the action-packed finale.

Or maybe I'll just combine them all into one long 2hr movie :p

Artystic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And.... COMPLETED!

All of Young Hunters (with alterations), condensed to 2 1hr specials!

I will be uploading soon :)