Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's what I get for sleeping in 'stretches'

We also have confirmation that actor Nicolas Roye is playing Mikey.

Previous discussion thread is here.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My god Nick sounds like Joshua Seth as Tai

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I said in the other thread:

That was painful.

They gave the grade school kid a voice that makes him sound like he's 20 (as is typical of the dub goggleboys), and the same surfer dude accent as Davis that sounds like a few of his I.Q. points were chopped off in the process.

Previous materials had "DigiXros" kept, so why, just why?

My god Nick sounds like Joshua Seth as Tai
Um... er... what trailer are you watching? :confused:

Last edited:

ImNotThePro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the voice fits but I'm not digging the "DigiFuse".

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Previous materials had "DigiXros" kept, so why, just why?
As I've said for a long time... People need to stop mistaking marketing and licensing materials as 'show material.' It's stuff done to market the show to licensees and networks. It isn't the show. It's often done before plans for the show are even fully formed.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I've said for a long time... People need to stop mistaking marketing and licensing materials as 'show material.' It's stuff done to market the show to licensees and networks. It isn't the show. It's often done before plans for the show are even fully formed.
^ This. Even I didn't form much of an opinion on the actual dub when we only had the licensing materials available to us.

Many may not like the fact that they changed "DigiXros" to "DigiFuse," but I understand why they did it. "Xros" is nowhere in the title of the dub. As for Mikey's voice, I'm okay with it. They could have chosen a worse voice actor than they did.

In short, I'll remain optimistic of the dub and the merchandise that will be released along with it. Those figures do look pretty clutch, after all. :)

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I said in the other thread I'm fine with the voice, it's just Digifuse kind of leaves a bitter taste since I was hoping Digixros was going to be the final term (and I'll admit, the trailer was part of the reason why) and Digifuse doesn't flow as well IMO. So it'll take some getting used to on my part.

Anyway, I'm curious now how they're going to handle the Xros names. They still had the "X" in the trailer so it's possible that the names remain the same but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being "F4 (Fusion 4)" or some variation.

Last edited:

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, hoping Fusion's dubbing is on a satisfactory par with that of Data Squad's. If not, better.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DigiFuse makes way more sense than DigiXros, considering it's called Digimon Fusion. Even if it's not what people were expecting. It's a typical dub though. It sounds better than average but you can already tell they're going to shove in a lot of jokes. Also lol @0.45 shoutmon's crazy eyes.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digi-Fuse..well i think we all sort that coming.

I don't think Nick sounds like Seth at all. The voice isn't too bad. I've heard worse. Shoutmon's voice doesn't sound too bad.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm with Vande on this one, Nick doesn't sound like Joshua Seth to me, it isn't bad though. I've been watching a few of the English episodes that have aired on Disney XD in Malaysia on YouTube, I wonder how the Nickelodeon and ultimately Vortexx airings will differ.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That wasn't too bad was it? We just have to see what happens once it's aired.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A notable problem with the new term is that it doesn't sound good in every case of it being used as a noun ("That's the real power of Digifuse!"). Swap it out with "Digixros" and it sounds fine. Alternatively, "Digifusion" would be more grammatically correct in English, and would tie in more closely with the series title. ;)

I'm with Vande on this one, Nick doesn't sound like Joshua Seth to me, it isn't bad though. I've been watching a few of the English episodes that have aired on Disney XD in Malaysia on YouTube, I wonder how the Nickelodeon and ultimately Vortexx airings will differ.
How is the Malaysian dub, btw?

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A notable problem with the new term is that it doesn't sound good in every case of it being used as a noun ("That's the real power of Digifuse!"). Swap it out with "Digixros" and it sounds fine. Alternatively, "Digifusion" would be more grammatically correct in English, and would tie in more closely with the series title. ;)
Are we really hitting the point where we have to argue about if one made up word sounds better than another?

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Mikey’s voice, but Shoutmon’s sounds like a bad impression of the Japanese Shoutmon. I’m disappointed by the lack of other voices though, since that’s going to have a huge impact on the enjoyability of the show.

Are we really hitting the point where we have to argue about if one made up word sounds better than another?
Well yes. The dubbers obviously did.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well yes. The dubbers obviously did.
Based on? Them not using the term doesn't mean they thought it sounded worse. Tradition for Digimon has often shown the team making the show doesn't even make these decisions.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Based on?
The fact that cross is a perfectly serviceable English word, which they felt compelled to change for some reason — and there isn’t any other.

Tradition for Digimon has often shown the team making the show doesn't even make these decisions.
Irrelevant. Whether this is a mandate given by the higher-ups or the Japanese or the marketing team does not change that they have actively and directly affected the terminology that the dub will use, and therefore the term ‘dubbers’ is appropriate for them in this context, even if they are not the entity which is given primary charge of this duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.