Digimon Fusion Season 2 Returns in July

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Fusion will return to Nicktoons Independence Day weekend with 2 new episodes to continue season 2.

This will continue on through the end of season 2.

No specific date yet, but Sunday July 5th seems the most logical.

Their current plan is to air 2 new every Sunday through the end of season 2.

This likely schedules the finale to be a 3 episode mini marathon since there is an odd number of episodes left I believe.

Thanks to a toonzone member for the news.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is good news. I'm guessing they'll be doing a big promo about it.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to hear an airdate for this half. I wonder why they spread out the seasons like that if they decide to bust through them by airing two new eps a week though. I guess we're still getting episodes quicker in the end, so can't really complain.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What exactly is Nick's overall opinion of Digimon (Fusion or otherwise) anyway? Cuz with airing it on Nicktoons, on Sunday mornings, and two at a time to get through it quickly, it feels to me like they only air it out of obligation and don't really care for it.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am still hoping Saban will still dub season 3 and nicktoons air it next year.

ChibiGoku

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By the way, there's probably a possibility the show will just air on Saturday and Sundays, instead of premiering two episodes on Sundays. Recently once Nick redid the schedule for Nicktoons (which has caused some stir with some people who watch the network), they reduced Digimon Fusion and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal's time slots to once a day on the weekends. During this changed, they quietly also changed how they were airing the episodes (instead of the continuing format on Sundays, with Saturdays being the rerun from the previous weekend, they are airing episodes both Saturday and Sundays going forward). I don't expect Nicktoons to give the show (or Yu-Gi-Oh!) any additional slots, given they seem to want to keep these at a minimal. We'll see though.

Rexanimon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am still hoping Saban will still dub season 3 and nicktoons air it next year.
As much as I dislike Young Hunters...they should dub it just to complete up the set.
Agreed. Young Hunters was definitely not the finest content Digimon has to offer, but (unfortunately) it's a part of it and it should be dubbed if for no other reason just to complete the Fusion series.

I am kind of surprised that Digimon Fusion season 2 is going to get to finish, let alone that it will start up so soon! I always get worried that they won't keep dubbing Digimon (starting back with Data Squad) but I keep being happily surprised. :) Gives me hope for tri...

DigitalCorp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any predictions on what they'll call Tagiru in the dub? My money's on Tyler.

DigitalCorp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nickelodeon doesn't necessarily care about this show or Saban's other hot property enough to air them properly.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nickelodeon doesn't necessarily care about this show or Saban's other hot property enough to air them properly.
Properly as you define it doesn't necessarily match with reality.

They tried it on Nick, it didn't work at the level they wanted with the level of promotion they had agreed to give, so they moved it to Nicktoons.

Shows on Nicktoons rarely have standard schedules because it's a specialty network.

DigitalCorp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Properly as you define it doesn't necessarily match with reality.

All right, I should add "If you ask me". My bad. And if you ask me, Nick as a whole isn't managing it the way someone like Fox Kids would have (making sure it's on at a regularly scheduled time, showing reruns when acceptable, and not having calendar-season-long hiatuses between episodes).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
someone like Fox Kids would have
You realize they were likely going away regardless of if Saban and Fox Family Worldwide were bought by Disney right?

The business model literally wasn't working anymore.

Saban is clearly happy enough with the way Nick is treating their shows, as they're renewed Rangers with them, and signed up for future shows.

Digimon got preferred treatment on Fox Kids because of how it performed on Fox Kids.

Nick paired it with Rangers, which was likely the right call, but it didn't perform to their expectations, so it made more sense to move it to Nicktoons.

Not my preferred choice, but I have no specific issues with how they've treated it based on it's performance. It's performance on Nick itself may have dropped, getting the show cancelled. Nicktoons it's done where it's doing decent, so it continues on, and hopefully that continues for Hunters.

Fusion going on extended breaks is arguably better for ratings than the random micro breaks Digimon used to get when it aired on Fox Kids (and the market for how to do breaks has changed honestly.) It's actual schedule was rather haphazard.

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am so glad this is happening. I hope they continue and dub Hunters too. *dances*

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guess it was obvious as to what Great Xros was gonn get dubbed as. But why is DigiXros dubbed as "Digi-Fuse" while Double Xros and Great Xros get dubbed as "Double Fusion" and "Great Fusion" instead of "Double Fuse" and "Great Fuse"?

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I read on another site - 10am to 11am time slot. (can't post a link to said forum because of..content that is not inline with our rules..) Trying to find out if that is EST or PST.
I edited my post because I had the episodes in the wrong order.