Digimon Fusion Season 2 *on hiatus - no news on return*

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to a promo that aired during a Dino Charge repeat on Nicktoons, Digimon Fusion Season 2 will begin on March 8th, with back to back new episodes.

No further information yet, and we still aren't 100% sure how long they plan for this one to run because of prior information suggesting it would run one episode longer than expected.

Haven't seen a rip of the promo yet, but a few people have confirmed it (the original person to comment on it appears to be a poster on Rangerboard.)

The prior discussion thread will be closed but conversations can continue here.

Here's an embed of the trailer captured from Nicktoons (very few places have Nicktoons HD at the moment.)

Edit- 2nd Promo added on page 4

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even better news! We got word for the upcoming April Anime. Gintama will be airing starting April 8th! Isn't that exciting?

Oh, good. Glad they got a date up. Was getting worried there. It'll be interesting to see how they edited out certain parts of the series... *cough*Mervamon*cough* Nicktoons again, huh? Nice.

Last edited:

Abarekiller

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well...that's nice...sooner it gets here sooner it will be over.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I wonder what they're going to do with this one extra episode. Maybe they'll air the first episode of Hunters so we won't have to wait in the ambiguity that we did for Death Generals to get dubbed.

And I agree, I am also very curious as to how they'll do Mervamon. Hopefully she'll get cut altogether hehe (obviously exceptionally unrealistic).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I wonder what they're going to do with this one extra episode. Maybe they'll air the first episode of Hunters so we won't have to wait in the ambiguity that we did for Death Generals to get dubbed.
What ambiguity? We knew they were planning to dub it, and the actors have been talking about it for quite awhile.

Saban didn't pay for the brand to act as master licensor around the world to do 30 episodes and be done.

I kind of feel like people also forget that season 1 ended on June 15th, 2014.

June 16th, 2014 (the next day) Saban announced it would be airing on Nicktoons in 2015 (and we had news regarding writers, actors, and the composer within a few months of that.)

Also worth nothing... we aren't sure if there will be an extra episode or if that was just a typo the composer made.

Vice

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm suprised this announcement isn't on Digimon's Facebook page, that page has been dead for a good minute. Great to know that more Digimon Fusion will be airing in America, not the biggest fan of the dub but I like to be reminded that Digimon still exist in the west.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm suprised this announcement isn't on Digimon's Facebook page, that page has been dead for a good minute. Great to know that more Digimon Fusion will be airing in America, not the biggest fan of the dub but I like to be reminded that Digimon still exist in the west.
I expect it to go up in a day or two. Most peoples eyes were elsewhere regarding the industry. Announcements will likely be noticed better by people if put up in a day or two.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's surprising to me that it just popped up outside of the Facebook like that, but either way, it's nice to have a set date for the season.

Now we wait to see how little Ms. Fanservice will be handled...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the promo to the news post.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll watch it, but I really don't know if I'll wanna do more of those comparisons I did for Fusion season 1.

Those took me way too long to do and I've very little spare time for another round of that kind of project again.

Though, for those curious, I did manage to finish looking at the rest of the Fusion season 1 episodes that aired on Vortexx. From where I left off up to the end, the remaining episodes contained no changes from their Nicktoons versions.

EDIT: That video makes it look like NeoVamdemon and his LadyDevimon minions are the main villains of the season. :p

Last edited:

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha, that teaser is pretty cheesy. XD

Anyway, I like how the only scene poor Dorbickmon (speaking of which, I'm kind of curious what name they'll give him) gets in this preview is the scene where Sparrowmon bombards him with her attack, despite his arc being the first one we'll see in full.

ChibiGoku

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Decided to look up the time slot that Digimon Fusion currently inhabits on Sundays and it's apparently playing two episodes during the 7AM hour. Unless Nicktoons doesn't shift the premiere slot, we're going to be getting some rather early premieres. It's even worse when you consider that they don't have a West coast feed, essentially making it 4AM for those over there.

I'm guessing we'll know for certain once we get closer to premieres where it's going to get slotted.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even better news! We got word for the upcoming April Anime. Gintama will be airing starting April 8th! Isn't that exciting?

Oh, good. Glad they got a date up. Was getting worried there. It'll be interesting to see how they edited out certain parts of the series... *cough*Mervamon*cough* Nicktoons again, huh? Nice.
I think that's the secondary reason we're going to watch it. At least some of us.

Haha, that teaser is pretty cheesy. XD

Anyway, I like how the only scene poor Dorbickmon (speaking of which, I'm kind of curious what name they'll give him) gets in this preview is the scene where Sparrowmon bombards him with her attack, despite his arc being the first one we'll see in full.
What are we naming Dorbickmon? How about what does that even mean? Cool look though.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Read into this as you will. I did ask Richard Epcar on Twitter if he was going to voice NeoVamdemon/NeoMyotismon - he faved it. He also faved the question of if he did sing the promo.
(is happy)

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Read into this as you will. I did ask Richard Epcar on Twitter if he was going to voice NeoVamdemon/NeoMyotismon - he faved it. He also faved the question of if he did sing the promo.
(is happy)
With how different NeoVamdemon looks from all other kinds of Vamdemon (not even having the same red mask that all the others have, instead having a more Beelzebumon-esque helmet), I gotta wonder if the dub will even name him as any kind of Myotismon or possibly give him a totally new name altogether.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are we naming Dorbickmon? How about what does that even mean? Cool look though.
It was mostly just me thinking out loud there since we have gotten a number of name changes lately. I do think the name's fine as it is, though as you said, I'm also curious what it even means since we still haven't placed it yet.

On that same note, I'm hoping that they stick with Myotismon for NeoVamdemon as well. If they're going so far as to keep the same voice actor, I'd hope that they'd stick with him having the same name to keep that connection.

Last edited: