Digimon Fusion Season 2 Composer, Length Confusion, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What things were given "Digi-" prefixes in that dub?

I don't have the script, duh... But when Jeremy did something wrong and that girl whose name I keep forgetting shouts at him, she usually uses the "Digi-" prefix. And mainly Shoutmon/Ballistamon/Cutemon used that quite often as well. I remember hearing it at least once every chapter. It has been a few months since Digimon Fusion stopped airing here, so it's been a long time since I checked it -and I don't like how childish and stupid the dub is anyway, so that might have biased my judgement.

poweranimals

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So when exactly is this supposed to air?

Noirangel00

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's FLIPPIN AWESOME! Though kinda disappointing how it's just coming out in English dub. I'm pretty sure Japan's like, 2 seasons ahead of us. Of course they made it, but hurry it up America! Also, what the heck is Digimon Hunters, and why am I just hearing about it now?

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Japan (well minus Tri since it isn't airing yet) are always ahead of us with Digimon. Not going to go into the Seasons debate. But Young Hunters was an extension of Digimon Xros. Not exactly loved by most fans. Okay in it's own right (sort of). That's just my view though. As for why, you had a spell put on you and just woke up? lol

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, what the heck is Digimon Hunters, and why am I just hearing about it now?
Unlike the previous five series, Digimon Xros Wars is the first one to have had three full-length arcs that we in the West would consider to be separate "seasons" (since the first five series were all considered as one season each).

The first one was 30 episodes long, and was just called "Digimon Xros Wars".

The second one was 24 episodes long, and was given a subtitle: "Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms"

The third one was 25 episodes long, and called "Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time"

All three make up a single series, but the third one is treated like an epilogue of the first two portions.

Once all of them get dubbed into English, they will more than likely just be considered "Digimon Fusion season 1", "Digimon Fusion season 2", and Digimon Fusion season 3", respectively.

Mattwo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The expected length for season 2 of Fusion is 24 episodes (that being the length the second story arc ran for.)

Apparently you're operating by Saban's definition of "season" instead of the actual definition.

Adventure, Adventure 02, Tamers, Frontier, Savers/Data Squad, and Xros Wars/Fusion are all series, not seasons, and Digimon is the franchise, not the series. I'm really getting sick of people getting this wrong.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "season 0" in spite of what the Yugioh fanbase would like to believe(It's the first series, it is not a season, at the least they could call it series 0, even though I still find that absurd).

Oh and just for the record, Young Hunters is the third season of Xros Wars.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The expected length for season 2 of Fusion is 24 episodes (that being the length the second story arc ran for.)

Apparently you're operating by Saban's definition of "season" instead of the actual definition.

Adventure, Adventure 02, Tamers, Frontier, Savers/Data Squad, and Xros Wars/Fusion are all series, not seasons, and Digimon is the franchise, not the series. I'm really getting sick of people getting this wrong.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "season 0" in spite of what the Yugioh fanbase would like to believe(It's the first series, it is not a season, at the least they could call it series 0, even though I still find that absurd).

Man, your argument about semantics suck and I see no actual need to get into it again just because you have to get in a snit on something everyone else is already aware of everything we mean when we talk about it.

Of course, the argument about what Xros is or isn't has nothing to do with Fusion, which IS split into American seasons (which is even more random since you seem quite upset that Saban has split Xros into seasons for Fusion, but then you go on to say Hunters is season 3 of Xros.)

I mean, if you want to just jump in and try and start some shit that's fine, we all do it. Just make your argument better.

Hopefully you don't watch The Flash. The fact it has a season zero that takes place AFTER the show starts might cause an embolism or something.

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Saban's definition of season is just as valid, because they dub the episodes into a production grouping. Also, if you do want to get technical, Adventure, 02, Tamers, and Frontier are seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 of Digimon: Digital Monsters. ^_^

But regardless of the terms series and season... when a Digimon fan talks about "Season 5" everyone knows they're talking about Savers/Data Squad, so I really don't see the problem with labeling the different series as seasons?

Mattwo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, your argument about semantics suck and I see no actual need to get into it again just because you have to get in a snit on something everyone else is already aware of everything we mean when we talk about it.

You made it sound like you thought Young Hunters was season 2, why would there be any confusion about how long the season is if everyone knew that it was the Death Generals arc?

Of course, the argument about what Xros is or isn't has nothing to do with Fusion, which IS split into American seasons (which is even more random since you seem quite upset that Saban has split Xros into seasons for Fusion, but then you go on to say Hunters is season 3 of Xros.)

I'm not going to deny I got a bit off topic, but you're confused here: I'm not upset about Saban spitting Xros Wars into seasons for Fusion (in fact I fully expect Saban to officially not call them seasons), I'm upset that they called the three series they dubbed and disney called one of the series they dubbed a season, as well as every series of Power Rangers getting called seasons, even though only the first three even come close to being actual seasons.

Hopefully you don't watch The Flash. The fact it has a season zero that takes place AFTER the show starts might cause an embolism or something.
I'd rather not think about it, but don't worry, it only ticks me off more than anything else.

Saban's definition of season is just as valid, because they dub the episodes into a production grouping. Also, if you do want to get technical, Adventure, 02, Tamers, and Frontier are seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 of Digimon: Digital Monsters. ^_^

But regardless of the terms series and season... when a Digimon fan talks about "Season 5" everyone knows they're talking about Savers/Data Squad, so I really don't see the problem with labeling the different series as seasons?
Simple: You can't just go changing the meaning of words, it defeats the point of them having a meaning to begin with.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You made it sound like you thought Young Hunters was season 2, why would there be any confusion about how long the season is if everyone knew that it was the Death Generals arc?

Maybe you should actually read the thread as you seem confused at what is actually being discussed and WHY we are confused.

In fact, it literally explains it in the first post of the thread.

Much of the rest of your post I'm skipping over because I just don't honestly care to argue those type of semantics with someone who has not only already made up their mind, but doesn't actually want to discuss it, they just want people to agree with their viewpoint as to how it works.

Mattwo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems I have misread. My apologies.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In case it mattered, I just called them arc. First arc, Death Generals arc, Young hunters arc.

Mattwo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't really matter anymore, the situation has been resolved, and I am well aware that people are going to keep calling series seasons regardless of what I say.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm upset that they called the three series they dubbed and disney called one of the series they dubbed a season, as well as every series of Power Rangers getting called seasons, even though only the first three even come close to being actual seasons.

You must really hate anthology series, huh?

Mattwo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I'm not sure what the deal with anthology series is, I'd rather not discuss this further thank you. This is mostly because these types of conversations tend to get out of hand when I'm involved with them. Also, Marc generally had the right idea about me more or less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.