MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another one down...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Netflix has put up a notice on their Digimon Fusion page that it will be gone on December 1st.

Availability for Digimon shows via streaming have changed heavily this year with various contracts ending reducing options for the first four shows to Appmon showing up on Crunchyroll with only a bit of warning.

At the moment it isn't clear if this is timed with the end of the residual Saban Brands rights for Fusion, or just the end of the initial deal they made with Netflix to stream the show.

It doesn't appear this affects the subtitled Xros Wars and Hunters on Crunchyroll (for now) but it might be worth rewatching them over the next month just in case.

This is a little more than a year after Seasons 1 thru 4 vanished from Crunchyroll and iTunes.

And none of this has affected tri., which was licensed out separately and is still widely available, and is even on sale on Blu-ray right now at Amazon. (Affiliate link)

Fusion (and Data Squad) are still available to purchase digitally from a number of storefronts for anyone who wants digital copies: (Amazon ones are affiliate links, others are not.)
Digimon Fusion Season 1 at Amazon
Digimon Fusion Season 2 at Amazon
Digimon Data Squad Volume 1 at Amazon (Labeled as Season 1)
Digimon Data Squad Volume 2 at Amazon (Labeled as Season 2)
Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 1 at iTunes
Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 2 at iTunes
Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 1 at iTunes
Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 2 at iTunes
Digimon Data Squad Volume 1 at iTunes
Digimon Data Squad Volume 2 at iTunes
Digimon Fusion Season 1 at Google Play
Digimon Fusion Season 2 at Google Play
Digimon Data Squad at Google Play
Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 1 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 101)
Digimon Fusion Season 1, Volume 2 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 102)
Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 1 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 201)
Digimon Fusion Season 2, Volume 2 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 202)
Digimon Data Squad Volume 1 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 501)
Digimon Data Squad Volume 2 at Microsoft Store (Labeled as Season 502)

All the Digimon TV DVDs are still orderable at Amazon at the moment: (affiliate links)
Digimon Season 1 (Adventure)
Digimon Season 2 (Zero-Two)
Digimon Season 3 (Tamers)
Digimon Season 4 (Frontier)
Digimon Season 1 thru 4 Boxset
Digimon Data Squad
Digimon Fusion Season 1
Digimon Fusion Season 2

Cenrji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh damn. As if Netflix wasn't dead enough to me when they removed the first three series and Futurama, they do this.

Wasn't the first four series still available on Hulu or is that going to be removed? I believe it's still possible to get Data Squad (Savers) and Fusion (Xros Wars) through Google Play/Youtube, but can't rely on that.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't the first four series still available on Hulu or is that going to be removed? I believe it's still possible to get Data Squad (Savers) and Fusion (Xros Wars) through Google Play/Youtube, but can't rely on that.
1 thru 4 vanished from Hulu awhile ago. 1, 2, and 4 are still accessible on Hulu if you subscribe to Starz via Hulu (and are on Starz if you subscribe.)

For Fusion and Data Squad I added the Google Play purchase links (which is accessible from Youtube as you mentioned) along with the Microsoft store ones, on top of Amazon and iTunes for anyone who wants to nab them digitally before they potentially vanish.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saban Brands closed July 2, 2018 and its assets were acquired by Hasbro.

DigitalCorp

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did they dub the final arc yet?

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mmm, shame. But given that they obviously don't have any intention of dubbing the last season, it's not the end of the world. At least we have Crunchyroll adding things...

Kevin the Geek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this is unfortunate. I've heard some rumors that this could be happening because New Video Group might have lost the license to the various Digimon series.

I'm glad I have the first 5 seasons on DVD. I couldn't get into Xros Wars, so I won't be buying it. However, I'll admit that Ben Diskin was awesome as Shoutmon! :cool:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sad but hey, maybe we can ask Hasbro if they would like to do something. Maybe a Digimon DVD set? Maybe add in parts that we're missing? ...Maybe we'd have to buy a lot of merch for that? heh heh Really though.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well at least Xros Wars, Tri, and Appmon are on Crunchyroll. I wonder why Tamers is not available on Starz, I know they only have seasons 1,2, and 4 dubbed.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon masters is finally adding Shoutmon, maybe that is proof that Saban's contract has expired
I was thinking that myself and whether it was related. Masters said before they couldn't put them in the English version due to licensing.

It'll basically never be dubbed into English. (Not counting Asian English, as there IS an Asian English dub)

Anyway, this is unfortunate.
Is the Asian English dub worth watching and is it accessible in the USA?
I haven't seen it myself, but of the few comments I've seen about the dub, it's not very complimentary.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'll basically never be dubbed into English. (Not counting Asian English, as there IS an Asian English dub)

Anyway, this is unfortunate.
Is the Asian English dub worth watching and is it accessible in the USA?
Not accessible on any platform in the U.S. from what I’ve found, it was on YouTube years ago and I only saw as far episode 3 of Hunters. Worth watching that’s really up to you, it’s a literally direct translation of the Japanese version, the voices were pretty good. Except for Shoutmon he sounded like a small child, and Taiki would call him Shoutmen.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon masters is finally adding Shoutmon, maybe that is proof that Saban's contract has expired
I was thinking that myself and whether it was related. Masters said before they couldn't put them in the English version due to licensing.
I thought there was other reasons why Shoutmon and the other Digimon from Fusion/Xros Wars stayed as Korean exclusives...