Hide User Social Media
First of all, for the voice actors:

SkullMeramon: Doug Erholtz
Volcanomon: JB Blanc
BlueMeramon: Sam Riegel
Bearmon: Bryce Papenbrook
Gotsumon: Derek Stephen Prince
RedMeramons: Neil Kaplan, Christopher Smith & Kyle Hebert
Goblimons (spelled "Goblinmons" in the credits): Patrick Seitz & Christopher Smith

On to my notes! I actually haven't watched episode 6 yet, so I might be pointing out things that were already changed last episode.

Minus a couple of jokes, the script is almost word-for-word at the start, including the “Rustamon/Rustymon” joke (though made by Ballistamon himself instead of Zenjirou).

Angie has a bikini top edited onto her in the hot spring. The close-up of her legs is cut completely.

For some reason, the close-up of Akari with her terrified face upon spotting DeathMeramon is cut, rather than just being edited.

Zenjirou covering himself up and calling Akari a pervert is cut.

DeathMeramon is dubbed as SkullMeramon as usual. He has a Brooklyn accent. He also has an obsession with the word “subdue.”

BlueMeramon keeps his name.

Regular Meramon are RedMeramon as in the card game, though without a space.

Shoutmon challenging the Meramon and Taiki and Zenjirou pointing out their lack of clothing are cut.

Meramon’s “Magma Bomb” becomes RedMeramon’s “Magma Blast,” as usual.

An extra shot of SkullMeramon talking is added after Shoutmon X2 is formed, presumably to fill up time.

I believe "Optic Laser" is the first of our main characters’ attacks to keep its Japanese name.

DeathMeramon’s “Heat Chain” becomes SkullMeramon’s “Chain of Pain,” (rather than “Flame Chain” as it’s been localized as before) and strangely isn’t given a caption.

The Red Pickmon roars again rather than saying “Onsen Manjuu”

Not sure if this was already done in episode 6, but the background when Jeremy poses with his Star Sword is given the fancy circuit board design.

DeathMeramon’s “Heat Chain Midareuchi (Thrashing Heat Chain)” becomes SkullMeramon’s “Blazing Iron Whip.”

The shot of Jeremy being hit by the chain is shortened to remove the actual impact.

Mikey being hit by SkullMeramon’s chain is censored with the usual impact screen.

“Calling you a fool would insult the intelligence of fools, and no one insults me.” – SkullMeramon. …what the hell?

Dorulumon’s Drill Buster/Drill Bit Blitz hitting SkullMeramon is cut out, and the following scenes of Mikey and Angie + Cutemon in the smoke are reversed for some reason.

“BlueMeramon? I haven’t seen him since that fateful day long ago.. […] My past is catching up with me.” – That’s a lot more information than we got from Dorulumon in the original.

I have to agree with Dorulumon. Diskin nailed that “I go where the wind takes me” line perfectly!

Goblimon’s name is left alone, and the text color implies they’re supposed to be members of the Bagra Army.

Cutemon says he and his parents were separated while escaping, rather than simply being separated during the attack.

In the dub, Dorulumon explicitly tells Cutemon he can join him, while all he did in the original was simply stop telling Cutemon to stop following him.

AncientVolcamon is dubbed as “Volcanomon” as in the card game. His caption includes the “Bagra Army” title. He has an Australian accent.

Volcanomon! Yells! One! Word! At! A! Time! Like! This! rather than simply going “Boom! Bam!” over and over.

The Yukidarumon keep their Japanese name rather than being dubbed as Frigimon.

Here’s a weird edit: The Pumpmon’s axes have been replaced with stumps in the dub.

I think the caption people have forgotten their coloring system. All of the enslaved Digimon are given purple captions.

The Prairiemon that falls is merely tired rather than sick with a fever.

Weird, usually we get way more exposition on the Code Crown than we did in the original. Here, Dorulumon’s explanation on how the Code Crown either falls from the sky or is hidden somewhere is replaced with a comment on the Bagra Army.

An extra closeup of Dorulumon’s face is edited in before Cutemon starts sighing.

Aww, they changed Shoutmon’s and Ballistamon’s “Heroes of Justice!” line…

SkullMeramon’s “Heavy Metal Fire” goes unchanged, despite being “Metal Fireball” before.

A scene of Dorulumon’s eyes glowing is added before his Drill Bit Blitz breaks down the door.

And then the scene of the drills hitting the ground and exploding (despite not actually touching any of the Meramon) is cut.

I remember there being an argument about whether or not “son” was the accurate translation of Bearmon’s reference to Cutemon. Here, it’s just the gender-neutral “child.”

Did someone say Dorulumon’s edited name on his DigiXros pose was moved to the opposite side of the screen last episode? Because it’s in the exact same spot as in the original here.

Strangely, “Chain of Pain” is given a caption the second time it’s used. Also, “Heavy Metal Fire” is captioned twice.

Ugh, “Three Victorize” is also localized as “Varooma-Boomerang.” Wonder if this is a mistake or if they’re just doing attack names the Season 2 dub way.

In the Data Files, Greymon’s “Mega Flame” and “Horn Strike” are left alone, while “Blaster Tail” becomes “Atomic Tail.” This Data Files segment is also kind of inconsistent, as every previous one had everything in all caps. There are lowercase letters in this one.

In the preview for episode 8, Shoutmon refers to X3 as “Fusion Times Three,” like how X2’s name is included on his SDT card.

Wow, for once the dub seriously doesn’t spoil something that the original version did! The preview simply mentions that Dorulumon has a secret, without explicitly telling us what it is.

By the way, anyone else find it really weird that they never refer to it as just the “Bagra Army” in the dub? It’s always “Lord Bagra’s Army,” while Bagramon himself was only directly mentioned in episode 2 unless he was present in a scene prior to the second season.

Soluble Toast

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
AncientVolcamon is dubbed as “Volcanomon” as in the card game. His caption includes the “Bagra Army” title. He has an Australian accent.

Sounded more like a cockney accent to me.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ugh, “Three Victorize” is also localized as “Varooma-Boomerang.” Wonder if this is a mistake or if they’re just doing attack names the Season 2 dub way.
Technically...being a boomerang made from the V, Varooma-Boomerang actually makes more sense as a name than the Engrishy "Three Victorize".

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Calling you a fool would insult the intelligence of fools, and no one insults me.” – SkullMeramon. …what the hell?
I'm guessing he isn't supposed to be too bright.

Also, I kind of wish they'd keep the original attack names for Greymon. I mean, how hard is it to remember "Nova Blast?"

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they're making more of a distinction between Greymons.

Edit:
Inpu, are you saying that "varooma" is better English than "victorize"? I'm pretty sure neither is a word, but the latter at least sounds like it could be, and also starts with a V. And the attack doesn't involve a boomerang.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't read any of the previous posts, so I'm going into this as I watch.

"Magma Zone" is kept. Originally, Taiki spoke the name of the zone, while Mikey now wonders what it is and Shoutmon tells him its name instead.

Akari/Angie making her suggestive pose against a flowery background is kept.

Angie has a pink bathing suit digitally painted over her originally bare body. Makes one wonder where she got it from. :rolleyes:

The close up of her legs is cut out.

When Akari saw that DeathMeramon was watching her, there was originally a close up shot of her looking nervous as a bubble falls out of her nostril before cutting to her off camera screaming. This nervous close up shot w/ the nose bubble is cut out.

Zenjirou's "Akari-san, you pervert!" moment when he frantically covers his chest with his arms is cut out.

DeathMeramon's renamed his old dub name "SkullMeramon", and boy does his voice suck. He's got a Brooklyn accent and sounds like a poor man's version of Arbormon from the Frontier dub. :p

"BlueMeramon" is kept, while all the regular Meramon are sadly captioned as "RedMeramon". :(

The short scene of Taiki and Zenjirou acknowledging that they need to put on clothes before they fight is cut out.

"Magma Bomb" is now "Magma Blast".

Akari/Angie running for her life while trying to put on her clothes is kept.

After Shoutmon becomes X2 and Mikey yells "Now shut him down!", a short scene of SkullMeramon saying "So he's the one all the fuss is about, eh?" was added in.

"Optic Laser" is kept.

"Heat Chain" is now "Chain of Pain", and is not captioned.

The red Pickmon just roars here, instead of saying something random like the original's "Hot spring manjuu!"

"Rare Star Sword" is now "Star Sword activate!"

"Thrashing Heat Chains" is now "Blazing Iron Whip"

A quick shot of Zenjirou/Jeremy getting struck in the face by a chain is mostly cut, leaving in only a split second of its final shot before cutting away to the kid being knocked back by the attack.

Taiki/Mikey taking the hit meant for Cutemon was censored by the same starry image affect from episode 2 (the "Jijimon wacking Shoutmon" one).

SkullMeramon: "A human trying to stop my attack? Calling you a fool would insult the intelligence of fools! And no one insults me!"

The shots of DeathMeramon looking up and then being hit by Dorulumon's Drill Buster were cut. Instead, a shot of Akari and Cutemon looking up in the smokescreen was inserted over these and had SkullMeramon yell "WoOOWW!" off screen.

Originally, Dorulumon's familiarity with BlueMeramon was expressed vaguely ("That's... BlueMeramon!"), while here it's made far more explicit ("BlueMeramon! I haven't seen him since that fateful day, long ago!").

Dorulumon's inner thoughts of "My past is catching up with me," was originally silence meant to keep us wondering about Dorulumon's mysteriousness.

Taiki's/Mikey's wound being healed is kept.

"Goblimon" is the captioned name for the three thugs in Cutemon's flashback. Also, they were originally trying to rob Cutemon, demanding money from his, while here they just want to "bully" him.

The shot of the three Goblimon embedded in the dirt was kept (I assumed it looked too disturbing enough for the censors to keep since their being buried alive and unconscious could be seen as analogous to their being in graves).

Cutemon notes here that he's too busy being dizzy to tell Dorulumon that he's looking for his parents, instead of telling him outright.

Dorulumon originally gave the vague answer of "If you keep lying there, you'll get jumped on again," to let Cutemon know that he'll help him, whereas here he's more direct in his response of "Come on, don't just lie there. We're on a quest."

AncientVolcamon is *sigh* "Volcanomon" now, and he speaks with a Cockney accent.

"YUKIDARUMON" IS KEPT!!!!!!!!!

Starmon and Ballistamon were originally nervous about Shoutmon's jealousy, while here they find it "cute".

"Prairiemon" is kept.

"Gotsumon" is the same as always.

Prairiemon originally collapse from a fever, while here he's just tired.

Taiki's "Hottokenai!" moment is made a bit more generic with Mikey instead saying "It's got everything to do with me!" (in response to Dorulumon's line of "But, this has nothing to do with me.")

Shoutmon and Ballistamon saying that they're "Heroes! Of justice!" is changed to "The good guys! Duh, can't you tell?!"

SkullMeramon calls Mikey "Goggle head".

"Heavy Metal Fire" is kept.

The shot of Dorulumon's drills hitting the floor right before he bursts in the door is cut.

"Bearmon" is kept.

Bearmon keeps Cutemon's gender ambiguous by saying his parents lost sight of their "child" instead of their "son".

The censored hits to Death/SkullMeramon from Shoutmon X3 were like that in the original, so it's not something done for here.

"Chain of Pain" is captioned this time.

"Three Victorize" is "Varooma-Boomerang"... even though "Victorize Boomerang" already uses that name. :rolleyes:

Greymon's data file keeps "Mega Flame", changes "Blast Tail" to "Atomic Tail", and keeps "Horn Strike".

Originally, the next episode preview spoke of Dorulumon as having once been a member of the Bagra Army, but here, they keep is a secret and instead ambiguously hype up some "juicy secrets" that "we just gotta here about Dorulumon."

Voice Cast:
Skullmeramon (spelled here with a lowercase M) - Doug Erholtz
Volcanomon - JB Blanc
Bluemeramon (lowercase M) - Sam Reigel (I could have sworn he sounded exactly like Crispin Freeman)
Bearmon - Bryce Papenbrook (any relation to Bob, perhaps?)
Gotsumon - Derek Stephen Prince
Redmeramons (spelled just like that) - Neil Kaplan, Christopher Smith, Kyle Hebert
Goblinmons (spelled just like that) - Patrick Seitz, Christopher Smith

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if anyone not familiar with the original is ever confused by the dub's naming inconsistencies. It would be funny to see, "Yukidarumon should digivolve to Frigimon!" or something like that.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if anyone not familiar with the original is ever confused by the dub's naming inconsistencies. It would be funny to see, "Yukidarumon should digivolve to Frigimon!" or something like that.
Yo Dawg, I herd you like Frigimon! So we put some Frigimon in your Yukidarumon so your Yukidarumon can be Frigimon!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah. I noticed that. It was sure pretty funny.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's an interesting edit I caught in the Vortexx version. When Nicktoons originally aired this episode, during the part wherre BlueMeramon's name caption appears, BlueMeramon's crotch area was given a large amount of extra shadow coloring to erase some of the more detailed outlines of his flames in that area of his body. In the Vortexx version, however, his crotch flame outlines are left unaltered from how they appeared in the Japanese version.

Also, all of the name captions have been moved up a bit, except for BlueMeramon's. whose was slid over to the right a good amount since the first part of his name would have been cut off by the fullscreen format cropping. And Gotsumon's was moved up and to the right a bit for the same reason.

Though, while the previous "Shakomon" caption in episode 5 was corrected into "Syakomon", the incorrect name captions of "Volcanomon" and "Yukidarumon" remain unchanged.

Last edited:

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Though, while the previous "Shakomon" caption in episode 5 was corrected into "Syakomon", the incorrect name captions of "Volcanomon" and "Yukidarumon" remain unchanged.
Someone said that Yukidarumon was changed to Frigimon in the CITV airing of the episode.

Edit: And here's an image.

Last edited: