Digimon Fusion Episode 48: Beelzemon's Revenge

Ishkur

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Evilbeast Laylamon

I was hoping for something more along the lines of BeastLaylamon or something.

OmniShoutmon's "Omni Core Fusion" was renamed "Omni Torpedo". Which to be honest doesn't really make much sense.

ZekeGreymon's "Daggerstrike" was renamed "Final Strike Zone".

Digimon Data Collection

Tylomon. Special attacks "Homing Torpedo" and "Hydro Wave".

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OmniShoutmon's "Omni Core Fusion" was renamed "Omni Torpedo". Which to be honest doesn't really make much sense.
Didn't Ben Diskin say something about there being a buttload of red tape when it came to deciding which attack names would be used? That might explain things.

Ishkur

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The amount of times attack moves have been renamed is staggering. :rolleyes:

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, it's not any worse than it was at times in Adventure. Last I checked they had a total of four different English names for MetalGarurumon's Cocytus Breath attack.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The title of this episode is a really poorly chosen one since the point that this episode was trying to make in the original was how Beelzebumon had changed since his resurrection. When he was Baalmon, all he could think about was avenging his fallen comrades, but as Beelzebumon he renounced his vengeful ways and took an oath of loyalty and duty to Taiki. Having the dub make this episode's title be about Beelzemon getting revenge feels like a huge step backwards as far as his character growth is concerned.

Damemon refers to Ewan as "Lord Ewan".

Daimaden is referred as "the castle"

The downward camera pan on the white castle that goes from looking at the top of a tower to looking at the base where Mervamon resides is... uh... I guess "modified" would be the best way to put it as, rather than panning down from looking at the top of the tower, it instead stays focused on the top of the tower and ever so slowly zooms in on one of the tower's windows. It's as if the dub froze the video on the first frame of the camera pan and started slowly zooming in.

Cutemon saying that Beelzebumon's wounds aren't healing very quickly is changed to him beckoning Beelzemon to hold still since he can't heal Beelzemon if he moves, and that Beelzemon needs to rest.

When Beelzemon tells Mikey "I'll find Ewan, and bring him back," Beelzemon mispronounces Ewan's name as "Ee-wen" instead of "Yu-wen". What's worse is that he does this after having just spoken Ewan's name correctly a mere second or two earlier.

Beelzemon tells Mervamon about his injury by saying "It's just a flesh wound." One, that Monty Python joke is old over overdone by this point, and two, there is no flesh, only metal, where his wound is.

The full body shot of Mervamon telling Beelzebumon not to overdo himself is cut out.

The shot of Mervamon blushing and whacking Beelzebumon out of embarrassment is cut short, removing the sequence of her whacking him right after she recoils from embarrassment, making her show of concern for him in the next shot come from him just groaning out of nowhere instead of from her whacking him. And yet, she claims to have hit him right in his wound when she never hit him in the dub.

Shoutmon commenting on how Mervamon and Beelzebumon are close and Cutemon agreeing is changed to Shoutmon remarking "I didn't know Mervamon had a soft side," and Cutemon answering "Well, just for him."

The shot of Lilithmon's belly floating in the sea of death is cut out and replaced by a still shot of her head and shoulders floating instead.

Lilithmon's body starting to move after she finished speaking "He was still alive..." (Dub: "How can he still be alive?") is cut out.

Lilithmon: "Beelzebumon! He was still alive..."
Evilmon 1: "Lilithmon-sama."
Evilmon 2: "If you keep getting angry, you'll get wrinkles."
Lilithmon: "Shut up!
*the Evilmons die*
Lilithmon (to the deceased Evilmons): "You guys... gave yourselves up to help me?"
Blastmon (to Lilithmon): "It's over. Our reign is over."
Lilithmon: "Blastmon... I'm not done yet. It's not fair that Beelzebumon gets to live while we're down here! Even if I died now, I won't be at peace!"
Whispered: "Is that a fact?"
Lilithmon: "That voice is Apollomon Whispered."
Blastmon: "Hmm?"
Whispered: "If you're anger is true, then use it for revenge."
Lilithmon: "What do you mean?"
Whispered: "I can fuse the lives of you former Head Officers as one, so that you may destroy Beelzebumon once and for all."
Lilithmon: "If you really can do that, I'll do anything."
Blastmon: "In that case, I leave no regrets behind either."
Whispered: "Then it's decided. Hold back your cries. I now give you the immense negative power of Hell's Field... To be fueled by your unquenchable bitterness."
Lilithmon: "Are you ready, Blastmon?"
Blastmon: "I'm always ready for you, my beloved Lili-chan."
Lilithmon: "Stupid. But in the end, I had no other friends I could trust besides you and Tactimon."
Blastmon: "You're one cool chick, Lili-chan."
*both yell in agony*
Lilithmon: "The last of the three Head Officers' power..."
Blastmon: "They will now behold!"
Laylamon: "Beelzemon! How can he still be alive?"
Vilemon 1: "We're here to save you, Laylamon."
Vilemon 2: "Your skin's gonna get all wrinkly."
Laylamon: "Leave me alone."
*the Vilemons are deleted*
Laylamon (to Blastmon): "Thank you. Nice of you to delete those cretins."
Blastmon (to Laylamon): "I didn't want their annoying voices to be the last sound we heard since you and I are toast."
Laylamon: "Not yet. Not if Beelzemon is still around. That flying creep won't win, I'm taking him down with us!"
Blastmon (in a newly-added shot between the two shots of Laylamon's revenge speech): "You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance."
Laylamon: "I'd do anything to crush him!"
Whispered: "Interesting. Do you mean that?"
Laylamon: "It's Whispered. He could be our way out of this."
Blastmon: "Huh?"
Whispered: "Are you angry enough to take your revenge on Beelzemon?"
Laylamon: "Beats lying in the mud."
Whispered: "You were both officers of the Bagra Army. I have the power to fuse you into a being strong enough to crush your enemy."
Laylamon: "Yes. I'd do anything for that level of power, even get fused with a freak."
Blastmon: "You mean that in a good way, though, right? Like I'm freaky good-looking or something?"
Whispered: "So be it. Now you must endure the agony of Forced Digi-Fusion. But when it is complete you will be bonded to the incredible negative power of the Digital Underworld!"
Laylamon: "Haha, are you ready for this, Blastmon?"
Blastmon: "To be close to you, even in this twisted way, has always been my dream, Laylamon!"
Laylamon: "Hm, pathetic. But I have to admit you are the only one who stuck by me through all of this, and now it looks like I'll never be able to get rid of you."
Blastmon: "I can't wait to have a body again! Even if I have to share it!"both sc
*both yell in agony*
Laylamon: "I can feel the power of the Underworld filling me!"
Blastmon: "I feel a whole head taller!"

A close up shot of Christopher's eyes is added between the shot of him and Nene looking where the light once was and the shot of him and Nene deciding to go check it out. Thus, his new lines accompanying this shot are "It could be a trap. The Bagra Army knows we're looking for Ewan.

The red sea of death (which the dub has treated as a pool of lava up to this point) is renamed "the red sea of sorrow".

Yuu's calling for Apollomon is dubbed as Ewan calling for "Lord Whispered".

The shot of Mervamon and Beelzebumon coming down from the sky (before the shot of them landing in front of Yuu and Damemon) is cut out.

Damemon originally jumped in front of Yuu and raised his arms to protect Yuu from Beelzebumon and Mervamon, while here he instead does so to surrender.

The shot of everyone turning to see what's happening before the ground forces Beelzebumon and Mervamon upward and then Yuu and Damemon fall downward has its first part cut out, starting instead from when everyone's already been pushed upward so as to obscure the first look at Mervamon in this shot.

A close up shot of Yuu and Damemon being held by SkullKnightmon from later in the episode, and which has been further zoomed in to focus more on Yuu, is added in right after the shot of SkullKnightmon observing the chaos before him.

A shot of Beelzebumon and Mervamon watching the chaos unfold before them is cut out.

Though Whispered does relish in the fact that both Xros Heart/the Fusion Fighters and all the Bagra leaders will soon disappear, in both versions, but in the original, he was more vague on what he meant by "Then I alone will rule," than he is in the dub by saying "And the entire Digital World will be mine to rule!" Did he somehow forget all about Bagramon/Lord Bagra himself? Cuz that guy's still gonna be around even if everyone in Hell's Field/the Underworld were to all be wiped out.

The repeated shot of Majuu Lilithmon's upper body emerging from the clouds is cut out.

The Choujigen Axe is renamed as the "Multi-Dimensional Axe"

SkullKnightmon vowing to get Yuu out of Hell's Field is changed to him conforting Ewan, reassuring him of his greatness as a commander and that he has strong allies like SkullKnightmon to protect him.

Majuu Lilithmon (who was not named in the original) is renamed "Evilbeast Laylamon"

Evilbeast Laylamon speaks directly to SkullKnightmon in response to what he just told Ewan, as though she heard everything he just said, when in the original she spoke aloud in general to no one in particular.

Beelzebumon originally asked Lilithmon how many worlds must she destroy before she's satisfied, while Beelzemon instead insults her ugliness in spite of her now bigger size.

Lilithmon swatting Beelzebumon and Mervamon aside has its beginning cut out, removing the impact of her hand and leaving only the very conclusion of the shot.

The first shot of Mervamon trying to help the injured Beelzebumon is cut out.

Right after this, the upper body shot of Lilithmon as she keeps talking is zoomed in to focus on her head and hide everything beneath her shoulders.

Taiki originally knew about Beelzebumon's unhealed wound, while in this notion is not something important.

Kiriha calling Lilithmon "A monster that just won't die," is changed to Christopher saying "It's gonna make a big mess when we blow it up."

All of the shots of OmegaShoutmon and ZekeGreymon flying around Lilithmon before using their attacks on her are cut out. Well, except for all of the last one. The last shot has just its beginning cut out when the two circle around her body before flying upward to appear in front of her. All that's kept of this shot is the ending part when they fly upward to appear in front of her.

"Omega the Fusion" is renamed "Omni Torpedo", despite having been renamed "Omni Core Fusion" back in episode 43.

"Final Strikes" is renamed "Final Strike Zone", despite having been renamed both "Final Trident Strike" and "Daggerstrike" in various previous episodes.

Sparrowmon's original complaint about how heavy the load she was carrying is NOT kept in the dub, meaning that the moment when she complained in the original is shockingly dubbed an actual moment of silence! :eek:

Shock number 2! They actually kept the shot of Lilithmon laughing that places her breasts front and center of the shot. Though they're now covered up, they're still explicitly bulbous!

Wisemon: "I've decrypted the rose's program. However... The rose isn't anything more than a terminal. The main program itself is in the white and black castles. Unless I modify that, the gate back home won't open.

Wisemon: "The rose medallions connect you and Ewan to the two castles. This is the closest thing to a communication system in the Underworld. So each castle holds half of the program that opens the portal. I will need to hack into that program and make it run, and for that to happen, both sides must be intact and connected, so data can flow through."

Laylamon expresses her exceptional hearing again by directly addressing the conversation held by OmniShoutmon and ZekeGreymon as they try to hold back the two castles. Lilithmon, however, originally didn't know what the two were trying to do.

After Sparrowmon flies off the screen to bring the humans and the other X7 components to the two Super-Evolved digimon, the shot is cut off in the dub to remove the rest of it, which had Beelzebumon, Mervamon, and Cutemon (who were behind Sparrowmon and his load) decide to fly up and follow the others.

Wisemon originally didn't know how long it would take to hack into the castles' program, while in the dub he says that he needs about ten minutes to get the process going.

the over-the-shoulder shot of Lilithmon looking up at her airborne enemies is cut out.

Once again, OmegaShoutmon's Great Xros screen is replaced by his Super Evolution screen.

Though the dub version of the Starmons screen is used (meaning that the "STARMONS" caption is changed to "STARMON" and a "PICKMONZ" caption is included), Mikey only yells "Starmon!" instead of "Starmon! Pickmons!" like he usually does.

Like last episode, Mikey, instead of Nene, yell's Sparrowmon's name in the Great Fusion.

Mikey yells "Shoutmon X7" this time instead of Shoutmon X7 yelling the name himself.

Wisemon originally had to first synchronize with the castles and then shut down the firewall, while here he does the opposite, getting through the firewall first and then synchronizing with the castles.

The portal will only open in the dub if the program thinks that either Mikey or Ewan is no longer alive, just like in the original. However, Wisemon needing data on Taiki's death is changed to him needing Mikey's "End Data".

The shot of upper body Lilithmon firing red energy while agitated trying to hit her enemies is cut out and replaced by an earlier close up of her sadistic face.

SkullKnightmon saying how Hell's Field is nearing its annihilation and that he must get out immediately is changed to him vowing to protect Ewan to his (SkullKnightmon's) last breath and lamenting that it looks like they'll all be swept up by the Underworld's destruction.

Wisemon's explaining his plan to trick the program into thinking that Taiki is dead is translated very faithfully in the dub, even with its having to skirt around directly mentioning death and such. Though, an extra shot of Wisemon added in right after Mikey says "Do it already!" has Wisemon additionally say "Your odds are fifty fifty," in regards to the risks he was about to mention before Mikey cut him off.

Wisemon breaking through the firewall in the original is changed to him completing his hack into the program. Originally, the firewall itself was Wisemon's final obstacle in his accessing the program.

All shots of Taiki/Mikey being shot in the chest by Wisemon's data stream are kept, with the one shot of his heart visible inside his body cut out.

After Lilithmon shoots Beelzebumon, an earlier shot of her from the shoulders up is inserted, with new dialogue for Laylamon saying "Oh aren't you noble, taking the hit."

And after this new shot, another close up shot of Beelzebumon's chest and head as Cutemon tries to heal him, taken from earlier in the episode, is inserted, with new offscreen dialogue from Mervamon asking "Why'd you do that when you're already hurt, you big dummy?!"

And because of these two newly-inserted shots, the beginning part of the faraway shot of Lilithmon gloating before she extends her arms and grabs her foes is cut out, now beginning instead at the point when she starts extending her arms to grab them.

A shot of Beelzebumon, Mervamon, and Cutemon being squeezed by Lilithmon's hand that originally came after the close up shot of Taiki struggling and before the shot of X7 also struggling is cut out.

The second shot of Taiki's heart inside his body is cut out.

Nene originally beckoning the fallen Taiki to hang on is changed to her now saying "He isn't breathing!"

I forgot to mention, "Gate" is changed to "Portal".

"Xros Burning Rocker" is renamed "Ballistic Fireball". That's three new names in a row after "Fusion Flamethrower" and "Fusion Burning Rocker"! And he yells it as "Ballistic Fireball... FIRE!!!"

The panning down shot from the sky to Lilithmon is cut off just before the pan finishes, since the end of the pan went down to her breasts.

The shot of Beelzebumon unhooking his gatling gun and opening fire on Lilithmon is cut off as he lifts up the gatling gun, with the rest of the shot replaced by an extreme closs up of Beelzemon now saying "We're heading for the portal as soon as she lets go!" meaning that Beelzemon unhooked his gatling gun for nothing in the dub since he never fired it in this version.

The shot of Mervamon and Cutemon rising into the air, when Mervamon tells Beelzebumon that he has to leave with them to get his wounds healed, is cut out and replaced by a different, close up shot of Mervamon to let her still say the same thing as in the original.

For some reason, the dub makes use of Beelzemon's flashback to his resurrection by having him recount his life's story rather than using it to justify his sacrifice as he did in the original.

Beelzebumon: "Who I was in the past lived only to seek my revenge on you. But I'm different now. For Taiki who saved me and for my precious friends... Yes, for everyone's future... that is why I live. Farewell, my longtime nemesis. Die with me."
Beelzemon: "The reason I wanted to be restored was to take my revenge on you. To destroy you out of anger. But now... Now I do this for a different reason! I do it for Mikey! For the future of my friends! For the future of everyone. This is the end, you monster! You're going down for the last time!"

^ In other words, Beelzebumon changed his ways when he stopped being Baalmon and was reborn as Beelzebumon, while Beelzemon claims that his change of heart came much later, well after he stopped being Reapmon and got restored as Beelzemon instead of during that event. But this claim clashes with what we saw back in that episode since Reapmon's change in character was faithful to that of Baalmon's, so Beelzemon's dying words in the dub are FUBAR.

Compared to Taiki, Mikey's reaction to Beelzemon's death sounds less like horrified sadness and more like an agitated parent scolding a child for having done something royally stupid, especially with his "BEELZEMON, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!" line.

Tylomon is kept
Ocean Dragon is changed to Sea Animal
"Torpedo Attack" is renamed "Homing Torpedo"
A second attack called "Hydro Wave" is listed in the dub.

The Monitamons make a Marco Polo joke.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beast Lilithmon might have made more sense but it did seem a bit sadder in the original. Like always with emotions right?

Ishkur

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping for Laylamon Beast Mode or something similar.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The title of this episode is a really poorly chosen one since the point that this episode was trying to make in the original was how Beelzebumon had changed since his resurrection. When he was Baalmon, all he could think about was avenging his fallen comrades, but as Beelzebumon he renounced his vengeful ways and took an oath of loyalty and duty to Taiki. Having the dub make this episode's title be about Beelzemon getting revenge feels like a huge step backwards as far as his character growth is concerned.
You're right. Beelzemon's Sacrifice or even Laylamon's Revenge would have been farier.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In all honesty, a much better title would have been something like "Beelzemon's Last Stand", as such would not only capture the tone and significance of the episode's underlying message, but it would also pay homage to the Tamers English dub episode title of "Impmon's Last Stand". Severe missed opportunity by the dub, there.