Digimon Fusion Episode 42: Deep Trouble in Canyon Land!

Vande

I am Justice
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode thread for Episode 42 of Digimon Fusion

5th July - USA - 10am EST

No spoilers past this episode

Ishkur

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Names

Canyon Land
Christopher Aonuma
Monitamon
Mikey Kudo
Hippogriffomon
Cerberusmon
Endigomon
Anubismon
Gravimon
Shoutmon (Do we really need to be reminded who the main cast are every episode?)
Nene Amano
Sparrowmon
JetMervamon
MetalGreymon
Deckerdramon
Cutemon
Shoutmon x4
Cyberdramon
MailBirdramon
Greymon
Centarumon
Sagittarimon

Attacks used

Gravimon
- High Gravity Grip

JetMervamon
- Medullia Mist
- Maddness Merry Go-Round

MetalGreymon
- Giga Blaster

Cutemon
- Barrier Dome

Digimon Data Collection

Dinorexmon
- Splatter Hunting
- Ogre Flame

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To elaborate on some of the above terms, Gravimon's name may be the same, but it's pronounced slightly different. Instead of "graa-vee-mon", it's now "graa-vih-mon" (or sometimes "graa-vuh-mon")

"200 Hippogriffomon" is changed to "a flock of Hippogriffomon"
"300 Cerberumon" is changed to "hundreds of Cerberusmon"
"500 Wendimon" is changed to "a horde of brutal Endigomon"

Kiriha said the one thing they need for this fight is "power", while Christopher says the one thing they need is "strategy". This kinda puts a damper on the episode's theme of Kiriha believing that strength is good and weakness is evil, what with his father berating him for being a weak loser.

Kiriha warned the others that, in order to prove he's the strongest, he would not hesitate to show no mercy to the others should he ever have to fight them, whereas Christopher instead states that, in order to prove he's the strongest, the others mustn't get in his way and are either with him or against him, giving them an ultimatum.

"Love Poison" is renamed "Medullia Mist"

The shot of JetMervamon flying up a bit and using "Spicy Hard Love" is cut out.

"Deckerdrauncher" is not named.

Cutemon's non-technique "barrier" is treated as a technique named "Barrier Dome" (even though it's a sphere, not a dome), complete with an attack caption of its own.

Mikey called out "Digi-Fusion!" instead of "Digi-Fuse!" when Dorulumon showed up to save him and the others from falling. They could have rectified this lip-flap matching with him saying something like "Let's Digi-Fuse!" instead.

The unnamed Xros Open in the original is renamed here as "Digi-Diffuse" (previous episodes renamed it both "Disengage Fuse" and "De-Fuse")

The close up shot of ZekeGreymon's claw embedded in Gravimon's body and throne, and the close up of Kiriha saying "The End", are cut out.

"High Gravity Pressure" is renamed "High Gravity Grip"

"Ouroboros Gate" is renamed "Madness Merry-Go-Round" (this name comes from one of Minervamon's attacks)

At one point, Gravimon refers to the Bagra Army as the "Bagra Empire"

Out of all of times that Kiriha's father is quoted by other characters, only the one time that Gravimon quotes him in the original is when the same occurs in the dub, with all of Kiriha's instances of quoting him being dubbed instead as generic dialogue.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey, one question I had. Who was the voice for Gravimon? He seemed like I've heard him before. Thank you.

Chakmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Madness Merry-Go-Round" is such a dumb attack name.....

What do you guys think of Nene's DigiXros while flying on Sparrowmon's back? She jumps off Sparrowmon, engages the DigiXros and jumps back on when JetMervamon appears. Amazing!! but also crazy...

Forgot to ask, what does anyone know about Dinorexmon? Now that is a creepy looking Digimon! Huge claws/nails! The Monitamon's jokes were funny there.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Madness Merry-Go-Round" is such a dumb attack name.....
Well, can't really fault the dub for coming up with that one since it's the name of one of Minervamon's attacks. But we can at least fault the dub for applying the name of another digimon's attack to this digimon's attack.

What do you guys think of Nene's DigiXros while flying on Sparrowmon's back? She jumps off Sparrowmon, engages the DigiXros and jumps back on when JetMervamon appears. Amazing!! but also crazy...
Nevermind that. From the moment Kiriha split apart MetalGreymon to the point after ZekeGreymon first impaled Gravimon, Kiriha was flying in midair during that whole time. Complete and utter gravity defiance for that whole scene.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For this episode's new voices (Sorry I'm so late on this):

Young Christopher – Kat Feller
Christopher’s Father – Todd Haberkorn
Gravimon – Brian Beacock
Anubismon – Michael Sorich

Also, for some reason Laura Bailey is credited as Ballibeastmon. Did either Bastemon or the DigiXros even appear in this episode?

Last edited:

Ishkur

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beastmon and BalliBeastmon did not appear in the episode.

Mervamon and JetMervamon are quickly become my favorite character of the show.

Abarekiller

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
everytime I see this thread topic, I keep thinking it says "crayon land"

which knowing the level of dub, ain't that farfetched

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought he sounded like I heard him before. Thank you Clone. And yes, The Xros in the air was awesome.