Digimon Fusion Airing on Vortexx this fall.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to an ad in Cynopsis Kids, we have confirmation that Digimon Fusion will also be airing this fall on Vortexx in addition to the previously announced run on Nickelodeon.

Still no news on dates yet, but we should get them relatively soon (hopefully.)

The previous Digimon Fusion thread ended here

Update- Thanks to Rangercrew for sending these over.

Image ThumbnailImage Thumbnail

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First reaction: I was afraid this would happen. Sure, it was inevitable, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

This will likely mean one of two things regarding the dub:

1) The version of Fusion that will air on Vortexx will be further edited from a much less-edited version that will air on Nick, thus anyone interested in what is changed from the original will have to watch both versions of each episode to catch all the edits twice over.

2) The version of Fusion airing on Nick will already be edited down enough to air on Vortexx from the get-go, resulting in a single edited version, but one that abides by the CW's BSnP despite its main home being on Nick, whose BSnP is much less strict than that of the CW, and will most likely be edited down far greater than it would need to be for cable broadcast.

In other words, I don't like excessive censorship.

Second reaction: WOOOOOOOOOO, Spectacular Spider-Man! I missed a lot of it the first time around when it aired on Disney XD, now I'll get another chance to catch up on it! :D

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lost Galaxy showed unedited. So don't assume Fusion will be heavily edited.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lost Galaxy was already made fitting within the limitations of terrestrial television BSnP. It wasn't edited because it didn't need to be, unlike JLU, DBZ Kai, TF: Prime, and likely Fusion.

I mean, Xros Wars on its own couldn't possibly air unedited on American children's television (Mervamon alone is proof of that), so it would at least have to be edited to some extent for Nick. But with Vortexx also airing it, it'll have to be further edited to meet the standards of the CW, which could either lead to two different edited dubs or a single edited dub that puts the CW's standards above those of Nick.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It will be very heavily edited on Vortexx. I thought they couldn't have possibly edited Dragon Ball Z any more than the Funimation dub did in the 90s, I remember when Kids WB aired it some years ago and it was butchered, then Kai took it to a whole new level with Vortexx, more so than Nicktoons. The eternal dragon was edited out of the intro and Mr. Popo was blue, I guess to appease possible racial sensitivities (the only black guy in the universe in a role of servitude I guess being the reason) and that is just a few little things. I can't imagine how much they'll airbrush and edit out for Fusion. I will defiantly catch it on Nicktoons, thank goodness for the groups that brought us the subs for the original. There is way to much political correctness right now, I remember when My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic debuted on the Hub and the far-left feminist publication Ms. by Kathleen Richter chastised it as being racist, as the only two presumably dark-colored ponies as she saw it where slaves to the white pony overlord (the two gray-colored guards protecting the white-colored alicorn princess on her throne in the intro). My nieces love this show and I never even would have thought of the show as having racial undertones, something the creator Lauren Faust adamantly denied. She went on to say it sent a negative message that the rainbow colored pony was reminiscent of a stereotypical tomboyish lesbian. I thought sexual orientation was never discussed in these things, I certainly would have never seen it but maybe I don't look for those things in a children's program, I know the kids don't, this thing was a phenomenon. That is just an example of how ridiculous things in this country have gotten. So yeah, get ready for another heavily edited, watered down English dub like 4Kids would put out, with a nearly preschool television rating.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TF: Prime suffered the same fate during its Vortexx run, and I know this because I'm the fan who's been doing all those extra thorough episode comparisons noting each and every minute detail that was edited for its Vortexx broadcast (and it hasn't been fun).

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TF: Prime suffered the same fate during its Vortexx run, and I know this because I'm the fan who's been doing all those extra thorough episode comparisons noting each and every minute detail that was edited for its Vortexx broadcast (and it hasn't been fun).
No kidding, I'm never been a fan of Vortexx or 4Kids for that matter, they ruined the Winx Club I always thought, fans grew up with this version and criticized the Nick dub which was far better and closer to the original Italian. That is just another example, Yu-Gi-Oh! being another.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I The eternal dragon was edited out of the intro and Mr. Popo was blue, I guess to appease possible racial sensitivities (the only black guy in the universe in a role of servitude I guess being the reason) and that is just a few little things.
Mr. Popo looks dangerously close to Blackface, it's not about servitude.

I have to ask, what edits did TF: Prime and Justice League Unlimited go through? I haven't watched those shows on Vortexx and they're probably closer to what we should expect for Fusion then Kai (ignoring things like Mervamon since no matter which channel she's on, she's getting edited) so I'm curious what could happen.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I grew up watching Batman, Spiderman and Superman animated in the early and late 90s, all boys did, these are incredibly old shows, Batman being more than 20 years old (now airing on the Hub) with Spiderman not far behind so I don't think they were really heavily edited in syndication, they were always children's programs, some fantasy violence but I think the worst thing they ever showed was punches being thrown. Batman was more of an old 40s detective show really, reminiscent in some ways of old Dick Tracy cartoons. He solved all of his problems by being smart and witty, using ingenious gadgets and sleuthing powers but occasionally got into a skirmish with some monster or something. I don't ever really recall a lot of violence, just a great gray, dreary Gotham setting like 20s Chicago in the gangster era. Superman had several crossovers with Batman like Spiderman did with the X-Men, another old 90s show. I don't know much about Prime but I loved Justice League Unlimited, nothing as far as censorship on Vortexx has stood out to me, it was never really overly violent like Dragon Ball to begin with, just punches and a lot of alien powers.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's more Parents Television Council and The FCC than 4Kids! and Vortexx. They have ruined Saturday Morning Cartoons on TV with all these regulations and Etc on violence. Why did you think Power Rangers had Kalish/Koichi/Back Explosions in SPD to RPM?

Last edited:

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's more Parents Television Council and The FCC than 4Kids! and Vortexx. They have ruined Saturday Morning Cartoons on TV with all these regulations and Etc on violence. Why did you think Power Rangers had Kalish/Koichi/Back Explosions in SPD to RPM?
It is the FCC and these radical parents groups shoving political correctness down our throats. I've read articles about how much they detested the toy driven programs of the 80s, things like He-Man, Thundercats and the Ninja Turtles which were great, some of the greatest of all time but they thought cartoons for boys featured overly muscled, violent abusers solving their problems through violence and girl's cartoons did nothing to empower them and were the stereotypical girly-girl cartoons about tea parties and princesses which was true to some extent but that's why were seeing increasingly over empowered feminist characters rejecting traditional roles or programming offering no storyline at all, it's easier to have no plot at all, just mindless antics rather than offend someone. It is the wussifying of America at work, all these anti-bullying campaigns and alternative lifestyles and the reversal of genders saturating popular culture. I see this in cartoons now as well, the father is generally a stay-at-home wimp or moron with a loud, career driven wife, a stupid boy and usually highly intelligent girls (Johnny Test and The Amazing World of Gumball being good examples).

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds a little masochistic. If you have the original show, why bother finding all the ways the edited version was screwed up?

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad Digimon is getting a huge revival in North America again, it has been years since I've seen buzz about it and I'll give the dub the attention it deserves, I'll add it to my collection as I did with the others. I'm most excited about Adventure's revival both in Japan and America with Nick, a new generation will get to experience it for the first time. It will never be what it was when it premiered on Fox Kids but hopefully Fusion will be big in the ratings.

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kind of a shame about the edits and I really don't like that idea, but I'm glad Digimon is back on American TV! I really hope its extremely successful, for the future of the franchise!

I'm also so excited for the re-premiere of the first season! Will there be a discussion thread for that, for people interested in rewatching?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kind of a shame about the edits and I really don't like that idea, but I'm glad Digimon is back on American TV! I really hope its extremely successful, for the future of the franchise!

I'm also so excited for the re-premiere of the first season! Will there be a discussion thread for that, for people interested in rewatching?

I'd expect someone will make a rewatch thread in general digimon for people to post about it as they air.

RyoAkiyma

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm excited to watch either as long as it's good. Hopefully my cable won't be wigging out at that time, it is now. And are there really going to be that many differences just on the different channel?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to ask, what edits did TF: Prime and Justice League Unlimited go through? I haven't watched those shows on Vortexx and they're probably closer to what we should expect for Fusion then Kai (ignoring things like Mervamon since no matter which channel she's on, she's getting edited) so I'm curious what could happen.
For TF: Prime, many of the edits made sense, cutting out quick moments of uber-violence and questionable content like allusions to death and the like.

There was also a third commercial break created for each episode as a standard for how Vortexx airs their commercials.

But, many of the other edits were just... weird. Lots of times, random, completely inoffensive moments like a camera pan to the right, a character giving an angry stare, or a line of dialogue that had no negative connotations whatsoever, were cut out. Sometimes, there would even be something left intact in one scene of an episode, and then a flashback to it in a later episode would have the flashback edited to remove what was already seen in the actual scene shown in the earlier episode.

One could say that these seemingly nonsensical edits could have been cuts made for time, but there were two episodes that Vortexx aired completely uncut, despite there having been other episodes with less questionable content than these two that were still censored.

Sounds a little masochistic. If you have the original show, why bother finding all the ways the edited version was screwed up?
For Wiki purposes.

I'm excited to watch either as long as it's good. Hopefully my cable won't be wigging out at that time, it is now. And are there really going to be that many differences just on the different channel?
As mentioned, TF: Prime and DBZ Kai both air on Vortexx and on a cable channel, and the Vortexx version of each are much more edited than those that air on cable.

Last edited:

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'll be exciting to see the Digimon revival. I substitute for Elementary schools in my area. I was in Elementary school when Digimon started, so to see the whole cycle start again will be fun to watch!
There is also the thought in my head of Pokemon vs Digimon again. Ugh.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Likely for this to have been asked before, but will Fusion include the Death Generals arc, or is that tbd?

For Wiki purposes.
That's definitely masochistic.

It'll be exciting to see the Digimon revival. I substitute for Elementary schools in my area. I was in Elementary school when Digimon started, so to see the whole cycle start again will be fun to watch!
There is also the thought in my head of Pokemon vs Digimon again. Ugh.
Wow, that is cool. You should recommend the show to the kids.

Though, looking at your location, you're in Japan....

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Likely for this to have been asked before, but will Fusion include the Death Generals arc, or is that tbd?
Only the first 30 episodes have been confirmed thus far. Seasons 2 and 3 will likely come later.

That's definitely masochistic.
It's a tough, gutsy job, but someone's gotta do it. :p

I'm just glad season 1's done, but I'm sad that there's no word if Vortexx will air season 2, which I was looking forward to since I like season 2 (and 3). :(

I'm also bugged that I lost my DVR recording of episode 2, so it's the only episode I didn't get to do a full comparison of (I got a partial comparison done, but it's not up to par with the others).