Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have the news we've been waiting for announced publicly.

Digimon Fusion will begin airing this year on Nickelodeon.

No news thus far on where previous series will go, but Nicktoons wouldn't be surprising.

This thread will take over for the previous Fusion discussion thread.

Thanks to nintenfan for the link to C21's article.

Update- Images and info from a sales flier.

Nothing really new here that we didn't know before, but still worth looking at for confirmation.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Thanks to Rangercrew for the images.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quite a surprise. Should be interesting to see them do it. I will fear a Hiatus but I'll only say that once.

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, Nick has Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles and now Digimon?

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Digimon is the longest-running Japanese anime property and has been enjoyed by kids for more than a decade,” said Saban Brands president Elie Dekel
Massive Elie Dekel appreciation for that quote.

I'm so excited though! How many episodes were licensed, 30? If it proves to be successful, they could have 1 arc = a year, so a potential of three new years of Digimon in the USA! (Though this is speculation obv, since Power Rangers is being split with around 20 episodes each seasons, so I am assuming Nick would do the same with Digimon).

Apashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is anyone else upset about this besides me? I haven't watched Nick in 10+ years. I had a "falling out" with Nickelodeon around 2001. Haven't watched it since. As far as I know they only recently started aquiring anime. Before that whenever they tried airing any non-western animation, it failed miserably. This is probably because the fanbase for Nickelodeon was so popular for mainstream North American culture that the kids, or most likely the supervising parents, did not understand it and therefore did not like it. But then again I'm talking about the Rugrats and Jimmy Neutron era -shivers-. I know they aired DBZ Kai and Power Rangers recently but I simply can't imagine those cult fanbase shows on such a mainstream network. Has Nick realy changed THAT much in a decade? Can someone here reassure me that my beloved Digimon series is safe? Thanks. Sorry for the random post, just worried.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so excited though! How many episodes were licensed, 30? If it proves to be successful, they could have 1 arc = a year, so a potential of three new years of Digimon in the USA! (Though this is speculation obv, since Power Rangers is being split with around 20 episodes each seasons, so I am assuming Nick would do the same with Digimon).

Digimon Fusion was specifically being marketed as a 1 season, 30 episode series, with future seasons.

I expect that is what will air for season 1.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, Nick has Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles and now Digimon?

Hehe, this is akin to history repeating itself again.

IIRC, Digimon used to air in Fox Kids along with Power Rangers too. Coincidence that there was a TMNT Next Mutation special guest appearance episode in Power Rangers in Space.

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shadious, that's right! I forgot about the TMNT in power rangers.

Yeah, i do believe Digimon was on Fox Kids when Power Rangers In space was on. Huh...could Nick save it's self from the spongebob dominated world!?

Only Taiki and Shoutmon can tell. (God I hope they don't butcher this)

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't forget about Avatar: Legend of Korra, Book 2 is coming out this year as well. All four of those could possibly be put into a Saturday action block.

I think there will be a bit of a Hiatus but I can't see them not doing 1 Arc for 1 year.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty psyched for this. Though I'm not sure if they're gonna air it on the main channel or on Nicktoons Network, which is only available w/ the Comcast extra package. I have both so I'm good. Nick's been getting their hands on stuff more & more recently. Power Rangers, Yugioh reruns, & now Digimon. I wonder how this will all be handled...

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty psyched for this. Though I'm not sure if they're gonna air it on the main channel or on Nicktoons Network, which is only available w/ the Comcast extra package. I have both so I'm good. Nick's been getting their hands on stuff more & more recently. Power Rangers, Yugioh reruns, & now Digimon. I wonder how this will all be handled...

Seeing as Nicktoons doesn't air in HD, I'm going to assume regular Nickelodeon.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Seeing as Nicktoons doesn't air in HD, I'm going to assume regular Nickelodeon.

Nice! I don't get why people are upset by this. It wouldn't do a whole lot of good on Cartoon Network. The only times they show anime are too early in the morning (Pokemon, Beyblade, etc.) & too late at night (Adult Swim/Toonami, which isn't even for kids). Everything else on Cartoon Network is nothing but idiotic disgusting shows like Adventure Time, World of Gumball, Regular Show & others like it. They don't have anyway to connect or relate w/ Digimon the same way Power Rangers, Legend of Korra, & the Yugioh reruns will since they're from the same genre. Not to mention that Nickelodeon is pretty good at keeping things at good timeslots from what I can recall. Samurai & Korra being shown usually between 10:00 am & 12:00 pm. So far I'm happy w/ this.

ImNotThePro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused. I didn't know Nick had their own channel. I only know of Teletoon, YTV, Vortexx, and Disney channel over here. Will it be on any of those?

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused. I didn't know Nick had their own channel. I only know of Teletoon, YTV, Vortexx, and Disney channel over here. Will it be on any of those?

Well, Nicktoons is an American only channel that shows more action-packed shows like Legend of Korra, Penguins of Madagascar, & things like that. That's where I originally thought Digimon would end up but apparently it's going to be on Nickelodeon itself.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it'll be on YTV in due time probably and maybe Nick Canada as well.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Nicktoons is an American only channel that shows more action-packed shows like Legend of Korra, Penguins of Madagascar, & things like that. That's where I originally thought Digimon would end up but apparently it's going to be on Nickelodeon itself.

You do know the shows you described are actually on Nickelodeon right?

Their repeats are on Nicktoons.

MaLazer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would think they'd also show Fusion on Nicktoons along with older Digimon seasons (which would be friggen amazing). I was a big fan of Nicktoons, then they just started to go downhill for me in the past few years. The only shows I can stand to watch on Nicktoons are Avatar, Dragonball Z, and old Spongebob episodes. Now they're adding yugioh and possibly digimon. Holy crap. Just, holy crap. Now all I'd want from them is to get rid of those stupid music videos and return to showing Invader Zim every day at 10PM. It's funny, because before I never really liked avatar, dragonball z, or yugioh, but now it's just like, they forced me to avoid everything else and watch avatar and dragonball z, and now I like those shows. ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY.

Thanks for this news!

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You do know the shows you described are actually on Nickelodeon right?

Their repeats are on Nicktoons.

Yeah. It's just that the timeslots they have on Nickelodeon aren't as good as Nicktoons. The last time I was able to watch Penguins on air for Nickelodeon was 6:00 am.

OP1988

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whew... so glad Disney XD didn't get it. TMNT, Megaforce, Korra and now Digimon! It's great that it'll get a LOT of exposure from Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.