Digimon Frontier Stage Play

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So while rumbling on the Internet, I've found what it seems to be a Stage Play for Digimon Frontier, that was held on the 27th of April, 2003, that is, almost a month after the finale of the TV series. While I'm really curious to know why I've never heard about it before being a huge fan of Frontier (?) and if there were any other similar stages back then, I was wondering if does anyone know if this is like an extra scenario for the series, an alternate storytelling of any of the episodes (I recall there's only one episode of the anime in which there's a group of Knightmon commanded by LordKnightmon), or when exactly the stage takes place, the plot and so on...I assume if may be similar to the Digimon Adventure tri. Stage Play from last year, but I cannot be that sure about it. Also, why both Tomoko (Chackmon) and Koichi (Duskmon/Lowëmon) aren't appearing on stage?

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/clbkGdjNqVY

Thanks for reading and have a nice day guys :)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This isn't a stage play, it's been discussed before, but it's been awhile...

Digimon was featured at a number of theme parks during it's original run, and theme parks in Japan often have small stage shows based on current properties.

This one was from Lina World.

These were small productions and tend to only have a few suits, so every character isn't there. This same bit likely began running a month or two or three into Frontier's run, and was most likely removed a month or two after Frontier ended.

This would basically be the equivalent of going to Universal Studios and seeing the old Beetlejuice stage show or any other number of theme park shows, except on a much much smaller scale, and not intended to be a pseudo-permanent part of the park.

The stage is still at Lina World and is roughly identical (minus some paint once in awhile and some change in decoration/style.) It's a small outdoor stage with bleachers for seating, with coverings on top to block the sun.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mmm I see...anyway, for plot purposes, a stage play and this kind of limited stage shows are the same, right? There's some expansions of the original story here, so either way, I'd be interested in knowing if there's some tidbits of interesting characterization and so on, which is always nice. Was Frontier the only season that got this kind of stage productions, or any other type of performances associated to Frontier too? I recall seeing anything similar about Tamers some time ago, but maybe my memory is dizzy. Anyways, thanks for the further explanation Marc :)

By the way, I found a full version of this same live show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVgoAxUqNp0. So nice to hear Izumi's theme right in the beginning :eek:

Last edited:

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's awesome but also those big-headed mascots are a bit terrifying D:

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mmm I see...anyway, for plot purposes, a stage play and this kind of limited stage shows are the same, right? There's some expansions of the original story here, so either way, I'd be interested in knowing if there's some tidbits of interesting characterization and so on, which is always nice. Was Frontier the only season that got this kind of stage productions, or any other type of performances associated to Frontier too? I recall seeing anything similar about Tamers some time ago, but maybe my memory is dizzy. Anyways, thanks for the further explanation Marc :)

By the way, I found a full version of this same live show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVgoAxUqNp0. So nice to hear Izumi's theme right in the beginning :eek:
No, they aren't. A proper Stage Show would have higher production values, and often more of an effort to be consistent to the source material.

This would, on the other hand, just be a bit of fun.