Digimon Frontier DVD Set and Volume 4 in September, Updated w/ Coverart

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It hasn't been officially announced yet, but Amazon put up a page for Digimon Frontier from New Video.

It will be out on September 10th, 2013 for $80 MSRP but preorder price is $55 for the time being.

Amazon Digimon Frontier DVD Preorder Page

Remember, if you preorder at Amazon, you get the lowest price between your preorder day, and the end of the day the set comes out.

More updates to come, along with coverart.

Thanks to WTK for the tip.

And lest I forget, the first volume of the season 2 'broken apart' release will come out on the same day.

Amazon Digimon Season 2 Volume 1 Preorder Page

Update- We have coverart for Frontier. They are doing the same thing as they did with Tamers and doing an American take on the Japanese logo. Interesting they've set it up so the logo is more in the middle, rather than on top like the other 3 seasons.

Image Thumbnail

Buns

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow first Tamers, then this. Plus Steam Summer sales around the corner. My wallet is going to take a beating.

megagold5

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never throught I would see the day that all of the original series would be released and in such nice single boxsets too. Brilliant. It brings a tear to my eye.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. This is good news. Maybe after this, Savers/Data Squad.

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. This is good news. Maybe after this, Savers/Data Squad.

And maybe after that, the remaining movies. Preferably in one single set. Too bad they couldn't have been included in their respective season sets however.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Don't we already have DVD's for Savers? *blink*

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the article with coverart.

YoKozo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like how the Tamers and Frontier logo art use the Japanese logos, but when you think about it, it's redundant to have "Digimon" in there twice. Ah well.

Duskmon with the other five? Mhmmmmm...

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why Duskmon instead of... however Löwemon's dub name is officially spelled (was never really certain of that)?

Also, was this logo used on any other foreign dub of this series? Cuz it sure does look familiar (besides the obvious notion of it being based on the Japanese logo).

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, my collection ends with Tamers, but I'm very happy for the frontier fans. :) Still really interesting that they went with the Japanese logo's for this and Tamers.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, was this logo used on any other foreign dub of this series? Cuz it sure does look familiar (besides the obvious notion of it being based on the Japanese logo).

Interestingly, this logo seems to be the exact one used for the Chuang Yi version of the manga. Looking back, I think the Digimon Tamers logo might also be shared with that manga, but I can't find a high enough resolution version of the covers to really be able to tell.

The dvd art looks pretty nice though! Interesting choice using Duskmon... I just wish that Neemon wasn't floating and Agunimon wasn't so darn big. It has a nice look to it overall though!

ImNotThePro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes I agree with the odd choice to have DIGIMON on there twice but my brother's going to freak out when he comes home and sees this. Its not my favourite season (3rd or 4th) but it is my brothers favourite so he'll love it.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why Duskmon instead of... however Löwemon's dub name is officially spelled (was never really certain of that)?

That might be considered spoiler, I assume. Plus Lowemon barely appeared in the series.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That might be considered spoiler, I assume. Plus Lowemon barely appeared in the series.
Still, that still spoils the reveal that there's more to Duskmon than the eyes behold.

I mean, including Kouichi is as much a spoiler as Löwemon would be.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
even though i only enjoyed Frontier up until Kouichi turned good, i still think i'll be getting this anyways... but i still have to pre-order Tamers first, that takes major priority. and unless they redub Savers (unlikely i know) i won't be getting that one if/when it comes out as a complete set even though Savers is nearly tied with Tamers as my #1 favorite digimon series. the dub in my opinion killed it.

as for the Frontier DVD artwork... i kinda think they should have left Kouichi off the cover like they left Kari off Adventure's cover.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still, that still spoils the reveal that there's more to Duskmon than the eyes behold.

I mean, including Kouichi is as much a spoiler as Löwemon would be.

Yeah, you're right, I didn't notice him (Lol). They should take him off, and really not have that redundant "Digimon" in the logo.