MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Our first big news!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Seemingly put up a bit early, a Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box is coming, which should make Frontier fans super happy!

The upcoming Blu-ray box will also have an official Twitter account for promotion.

The Blu-ray box will be released on April 2nd, 2019 and cost 53,800 yen.

It will be an 8 disc set.

The first press limited bonus will be a brand new Digimon Frontier audio drama on CD.

It will have an art box with newly drawn artwork, along with 2 internal digistacks with new art.

It will also contain a booklet. It will be based on the Digimon Chronicle Box 03 Digimon Frontier booklets, re-edited based on Memories of Digimon Frontier and Digimon Frontier TrailFan.

It will have a clean OP and ED as on disc extras.

Store exclusives will be... (the links aren't active at the time of posting, and Yodobashi doesn't have a link.)
Amazon Japan- A mini shikishi and 6 acrylic keychains.
Toei Online- A fabric poster using artwork from the new box.
Yodobashi Camera- A B2 size Fabric Poster and a tote bag.

To celebrate the announcement it appears they will put up episode 1 of Digimon Frontier to stream on Youtube soon, we assume this will be gelocked to Japan.

Update- It's available to pre-order at CDJapan! (Affiliate link)
Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

And we have a trailer for the Blu-ray box!

More Digimon Frontier Blu-ray updates to come!

Update- Cleaned up a few things.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope the special have them all fuse and turn to ancients?

They hype begins ^^!

ArsDaemonum

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks like I woke up at the right time to see this!! I knew we'd be getting one sooner or later, but this is a lot sooner than I thought! Can't wait to see what the new drama CD is about~

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a CDJapan pre-order link to the news. That helps the site if you pre-order using it

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really didn't expect Frontier will get this! And a new audio drama after 15 years of its ends? It's like i'm having a pleasant dream.
Hope this means that Savers and possibly Xros Wars will get same treatment.

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As a Frontier fan, I'm thrilled! An instant pre-order from me once the links go up.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So much of yes! Hopefully I'll be able to buy this at some point. Frontier is a series I've always wanted to see remastered in HD,and it looks like I'll live to see that dream coming to fruition.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't watch the stream; did they say it was nine discs? From what I can see on the website, it looks like there's eight. The blu-ray sets have been eight discs so far; it seems strange that they'd add a ninth disc for Frontier (one of the shorter shows).

Either way, YES! The is the one I was hoping for. I wasn't expecting this so soon, nor was I expecting a new Drama CD. I thought something like that would only be produced for fan favorites like Adventure and Tamers. I'm hoping they actually get the entire cast back. I figure, best case scenario, we get the six children *plus* Bokomon and Neemon. Worst case scenario, we just get Takuya and Koji. The other blu-ray Drama CDs have been a ton of fun so far; I'm so excited to hear everyone again.

I was *really* hoping one of the bonus items would be another soundtrack CD. The single OST we have for Frontier simply isn't enough. Oh well.

Hopefully the bonus features include more than clean openings and endings, as advertised. The Tamers blu-ray was a bit of a let-down in that regard. Fingers crossed that they include the end cards for the show, as well as the "new series" preview (which Tamers' set was sorely missing).

I've already got my pre-order in through Amazon Japan. The price will hopefully drop pretty significantly before release date, if the other blu-ray sets are to go by. I almost bought the limited edition. The mini-shikishi sounds cool, but I'm not interested in the keychains. Besides, the Amazon-exclusive edition usually doesn't drop in price, while the standard edition usually does. That shikishi board certainly ain't worth the difference (which usually ends up being a few hundred dollars). As long as I have the Drama CD, I'm good.

And with that, my dream has come true. I'm so happy to have the "golden age" shows on blu-ray.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am really excited to see the new artwork and read a translation of that audio drama!

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though their main priority seems to be milking the Adventure nostalgia cash cow as dry as possible, the fact that Toei's doing all this at all shows me that the future isn't all bleak for fans of non-Adventure seasons. I mean, the Tamers Blu-Ray box apparently sold poorly, and a Frontier box is pretty much guaranteed to do even worse, but they're still making one, and with a brand new audio drama as well. I'd almost call them generous if I didn't know that, as a company, everything they do is just a ploy to get more money. But, you know, I'm glad they're making the effort to separate all of us from our money, and not just the Adventure fans.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey. Cool. This maybe a blacksheepmon for the series but this is nice. And a new thing that happened. The Tamers one was nice so let's hope this one is too.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though their main priority seems to be milking the Adventure nostalgia cash cow as dry as possible, the fact that Toei's doing all this at all shows me that the future isn't all bleak for fans of non-Adventure seasons. I mean, the Tamers Blu-Ray box apparently sold poorly, and a Frontier box is pretty much guaranteed to do even worse, but they're still making one, and with a brand new audio drama as well. I'd almost call them generous if I didn't know that, as a company, everything they do is just a ploy to get more money. But, you know, I'm glad they're making the effort to separate all of us from our money, and not just the Adventure fans.

It'd be kinda funny if this Frontier one does better. They'd then get the idea no one likes Tamers but everyone like Frontier

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I definitely want it, but those first week sales are probably gonna be scary.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was wondering what the new CD Drama could be about, and I have really no idea, so I'm pretty excited. As much as Frontier is my very favourite along with Xros Wars, Things that Need to Be Told wasn't exactly my cup of tea for how they poorly expanded the action in the anime but more it seemed like a podcast of the epilogue. Fun facts is that now the Digimon Partners are on their own as the reincarnation of the Warrior Ten, and the time lapse between the two worlds is probably huge. So not sure about the current state of Bokomon & Neemon, while I'm pretty sure the Three Great Angels are a thing again in the DW (not sure about the Royal Knights and the SGDL considering they both debuted in the Frontier-verse). Super excited for this and wondering if Konaka, Kakudou and Seki are on board again.

By the way, a friendly reminder that Tamers Blu-ray BOX did sold just ok, as the own Konaka stated, and was Happinet not Toei the one that make the economic invest in-behind.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Konaka wasn't involved in Frontier. The series composer was Sukehiro Tomita.

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New artwork and a new drama CD?? What a time to be alive!
I love you, Frontier! ;_;

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't watch the stream; did they say it was nine discs? From what I can see on the website, it looks like there's eight. The blu-ray sets have been eight discs so far; it seems strange that they'd add a ninth disc for Frontier (one of the shorter shows).

Just a typo.

Although that does suggest the number of places that reported the show would be coming on 9 Blu-rays simply took the news from us without crediting...

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Just a typo.

Although that does suggest the number of places that reported the show would be coming on 9 Blu-rays simply took the news from us without crediting...

WTW gets posted quite a lot. When you first posted about Digimon Survive and had the name "Takuya", the first few articles also used the name Takuya (before it was then changed to Takuma) and you never get sourced lol

I saw people posting the direct link to the WTW gallery on various websites for the pic of Tai/Matt and articles using that same link etc