Digimon Figure-rise Standard WarGreymon & Omegamon Model Kit Prototypes Shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
got my omegamon in yesterday and it was pretty easy to build, took a few hours, but overall pretty simple and pretty awesome!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is pretty cool. Nice to see that finished. Thanks for sharing.

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy to share. I’ll be sure to post wargreymon too once he arrives

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These look amazing. I added them to my x-mas list. Are they pre-painted or do they need painting?

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These look amazing. I added them to my x-mas list. Are they pre-painted or do they need painting?
pre colored but details on omegamon like the eyes, stomach jewel and sword blade are stickers.

my wargreymon got delayed till the end of the month unfortunately :(

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
pre colored but details on omegamon like the eyes, stomach jewel and sword blade are stickers.

Oh that sucks. I hate delays. But that tends to happen with imports. Hope by some miracle you get it before the holidays.

Ugh I hate stickers. I might just paint detail on them.

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh that sucks. I hate delays. But that tends to happen with imports. Hope by some miracle you get it before the holidays.

amazons current estimate is the 21st so heres hoping. whats odd is i ordered omegamon later than wargreymon, just a few days before release

i hate stickers as well, but am terrible at painting. ive done a few custom transformers and the paint never comes out how i want it

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

amazons current estimate is the 21st so heres hoping. whats odd is i ordered omegamon later than wargreymon, just a few days before release

i hate stickers as well, but am terrible at painting. ive done a few custom transformers and the paint never comes out how i want it
Yeah painting takes time and patience. I'm an art director so painting is something I'm skilled at. But it's not my favorite art form. I much prefer to sketch.

Last edited:

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
im better at building things, work construction, build pcs, stuff like that. i suck at making them look pretty haha, though some of my custom transformers turn out really well because im forced to mix and match parts that are already the right colors, so mine tend to have a level of cleverness that is lacking in some painted figure customs

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
im better at building things, work construction, build pcs, stuff like that. i suck at making them look pretty haha, though some of my custom transformers turn out really well because im forced to mix and match parts that are already the right colors, so mine tend to have a level of cleverness that is lacking in some painted figure customs
Building is also a form of art. People don't think it is, but it's actually more innovative than making things look pretty. Sometimes the two overlap. Like these models. They are figures you put together, but someone had to draw them first. Then someone had to deconstruct the sketch into a model mold. Same with architecture. The architect has a vision. The construction workers are the sculptors that mold and put the pieces together. PCs are a little different. Tech stuff is a little different though. Processors and hardware is more important than ascetics when it comes to technology. But someone has to design what the computer will look like.

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Building is also a form of art. People don't think it is, but it's actually more innovative than making things look pretty. Sometimes the two overlap. Like these models. They are figures you put together, but someone had to draw them first. Then someone had to deconstruct the sketch into a model mold. Same with architecture. The architect has a vision. The construction workers are the sculptors that mold and put the pieces together. PCs are a little different. Tech stuff is a little different though. Processors and hardware is more important than ascetics when it comes to technology. But someone has to design what the computer will look like.
definitely, its all various forms of art :) ultimately this omegamon has given me a bit of an itch to continue with models (beyond wargreymon and any other cool digimon models that come out), put the kotobukia megaman x3 model kit on preorder and will order their zero too (and fortunately for me those are fully painted so no eye stickers haha)

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
definitely, its all various forms of art :) ultimately this omegamon has given me a bit of an itch to continue with models (beyond wargreymon and any other cool digimon models that come out), put the kotobukia megaman x3 model kit on preorder and will order their zero too (and fortunately for me those are fully painted so no eye stickers haha)
These two would be my first Digimon models. My other models include Warhammer and Super Sentai mecha. I also have a Voltron model I have yet to build.

Oh and to add to the art. My Agumon avatar is my own artwork. I made it in Adobe Illustrator using basic shapes and the weld tool. Then digitally painted on the shading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenrys

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nice, the avatar looks good :)

omegamon was my first model kit ever, so ive kinda got the itch now haha

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you.

Cool. You should make it your avatar.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Locking this thread since people have decided to talk in a half year old prototype thread instead of the actual discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.