MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A neat weekend surprise...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

At Wonder Festival Shanghai 2019 (happening right now), Bandai Spirits and it's various subsidiaries were showing off a number of figures and models, and showed off something new and unannounced for Digimon fans!

Model kits! Joining the Figure-rise Standard model kit line is Digimon (seemingly with a new subline called Amplified, but not all the placards mention that name, so it might just be a marketing label), with the first two being based on 2 rather popular characters...

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

WarGreymon! It looks like a CGI render in color in the first photo up above (it might be a photo of the model painted, but it's hard to see.)

The WarGreymon model kit upgrades his look to be a bit more mecha, and looks rather good. The shiel pieces on his back are see thru in the prototype, so it'll be interesting to see what that looks like with the final colors at release.

Plus we see one that is a bit... familiar...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Omegamon! The Omegamon prototype appears to 'mostly' be Digimon Reboot Omegamon, the only model kit that ever got released in the Digimon Reboot model line.

There are some differences on the new kit, but that they appear to be using elements from the Reboot line should give a 'bit' of hope to fans who were looking forward to Reboot Dukemon, Angemon, and Devimon when we saw them roughly a decade ago (the first of which we saw a prototype of years ago, while the latter two we only ever saw drawings of.)

No announced release period or price that we can see yet, but hopefully we get more info (and models announced) soon.

Thanks to Taghobby for the info.

Update- Some more images thanks to Dengeki Hobby.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*my favorite Digimon, Sunmon through Gracenovamon, won't get any merchandise because Digimon won't use them*
*Wargreymon gets nonstop figures*

why must I hurt, forum?

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'v always wanted Figure-rise Standard Digimon kits. I own a ton of Figure-rise Standard Dragon Ball kits.

omegalucas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. The face on Omegamon is quite an improvement over Reboot. And WarGreymon looks really good too.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These look pretty stylish... I like the detail on WarGreymon's chestplate a lot and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle that translucent style of the brave shield in the final version and how it would look from the back...

Wow. The face on Omegamon is quite an improvement over Reboot. And WarGreymon looks really good too.
I kind of disagree about Omegamon's face. The more rectangular shape of the helmet opening on the reboot figure was a far better fit for the overall rather angular style of the entire figure, while the current head just looks like a barely modified regular omegamon head on top of a redesigned body.

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised that they aren't going for anime accuracy.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For WarGreymon we already have the D-Arts, S.H. Figuarts, Digivolving Spirits, and the GEM figure going for Bandai art/anime accurate looks, so this feels like a refreshing change of pace if anything.

I don't know if I need to add yet another to my collection (excluding the GEM figure since I don't have the cash or space for such a thing) but this model kit looks so damn cool. The more mecha oriented look really appeals to me. And it looks like they've added some elements from his tri. design like the claws and the larger shoulder spikes.

Having only recently built the Reboot version of Omegamon, I'll skip this one as aside from a new head and waist sculpt (and some new parts to fill the gaps behind the WarGreymon horns!) this one looks to be virtually identical. That kit had some issues like the cape wings making it back heavy, so I hope they can at least fix those.

omegalucas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having only recently built the Reboot version of Omegamon, I'll skip this one as aside from a new head and waist sculpt (and some new parts to fill the gaps behind the WarGreymon horns!) this one looks to be virtually identical.
Funnily enough they didn't fill WarGreymon's claws. Wonder if the toes will also be filled or not.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tri's WarGreymon may got no love, but this is something that I can really get behind.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad they're expanding the line, it was always a shame that they just re-released Omegamon over and over. But I'm pretty meh on figure kits overall (mostly just bad at them). I could be tempted if they did that Devimon though, that concept art was always pretty legit.

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really, really, really like these kits and their blended mech looks. I was never able to get any of the Reboot kits so maybe there will be hope for me to pick these up. And hopefully they’ll make more.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*my favorite Digimon, Sunmon through Gracenovamon, won't get any merchandise because Digimon won't use them*

why must I hurt, forum?
I feel your pain the most I’ve gotten of lucemon is a badly made mini figure and an acrylic stand thing
I want a Kid lucemon figure normal or digivolving spirits

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

why must I hurt, forum?
I'm with you buddy. THe Coronamon to Apollomon/Gracenovamon is so cool and one of my favourites but they refuse to acknowledge its existence.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

why must I hurt, forum?
I'm with you buddy. THe Coronamon to Apollomon/Gracenovamon is so cool and one of my favourites but they refuse to acknowledge its existence.
GraceNovamon is a relatively newer Digimon and its only notable appearance was its debut in the 20th Anniversary v-pet. Meanwhile, WarGreymon is to Digimon what Goku is to Dragon Ball and Mario is to, well, Mario. WarGreymon and Omegamon have been around almost as long as the franchise itself and are quintessential mascots at this point. They're far and away the most popular and recognisable Digimon, and people keep buying figures of them, so of course Bandai is going to start off a new line with them. It's not "refusing to acknowledge this lesser-know character that happens to be my favourite", it's simple business sense.

If BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon are anything to go by, Grace might show up in the Capsule Mascot line at some point, provided Blitz and Cres do well enough. Who knows. But it needs more than a v-pet appearance to warrant Bandai risking a big release like a model kit.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We need a BlackWarGreymon repaint in the line ASAP.
Its a model kit so I think it'd be really simple to do yourself. They're made to be customized and dknt have a finish on the paint.

I think I see hard points for other accessories on his claws and under his claws too which is going to be fun.

I hope they arent too expensive and that they do the Devimon and Angemon.

Retr0 BoY

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When will they be available for purchase ?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.