Digimon Encounters Trailer, New Digimon, & Gameplay Videos

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Paledramon is going to make it hard to differentiate from Paildramon in spoken conversation. I know Paildramon should really be Piledramon, but the incorrect name is so accepted that I doubt many people will care.
I don't know. Most fans wouldn't pronounce them the same way, I think. As I recall, the English dub pronounced Paildramon as Pie-eel-dramon.
I had no idea, I always pronounced Paildramon like you would say Paledramon.
The Japanese spelling has it pronounced as "Pie-el-dramon", but "Pay-el-dramon" could be also correct since it would make sense as a group of wasps is sometimes called a pail.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese spelling is a romanization of pile, or at least a word homophonous with pile. Pail would be romanized as ペール, just like pale.

The usage of pail to refer to a group of wasps seems incredibly obscure too. At most, maybe it's a regional slang. The only explanation I can find is that some people use the term to refer to a common way of exterminating wasps, by drowning them en masse in a pail of water.

Pile seems like a more likely etymology, specifically the pile that means an arrow/dart, an arrowhead/spearhead, or a large pointed stake. Though it does lack the insect connotation.

It's an unfortunate case of Western language being transliterated to Japanese, then butchered after being transliterated back into English. Piemon/Piedmon is another example. It's based on pierrot, and it's pronounced like pierrot too in Japanese. But when it's transliterated to English, it becomes pie like apple pie.

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But to be fair Pie as in cream pie is still a valid name for a clown digimon :3

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it is indeed an ice dragon, excellent! I can excuse a ho-hum design if it's at least a concept we don't get to see very often.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The art does look much better!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that really is him in the V-Pet, then these regional mons, who then get used in Japan, are cool.

...but where's the Europe only Digimon!? we want one too!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol in art, he does look very better as a Digimon. In 3D model, it doesn't look good for a Digimon because of all generic monsters with Ice types tend to look "bleh" in most monster raise app games....

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Pied" can also be defined as having two or more different colors oftentimes mottled i.e the Pied Piper of Hamelin which would be accurate given Piemon's outfit.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kind of cool but it doesn't look like it was made by WiZ, I guess the Chinese company designed it. I might like it more when we see its ultimate. It's really cool that they let them do this though, and that he's in a Pendulum so he may appear in future games. And I'm happy YukiAgumon has a friend/potential evolutions in future games lol. They should do this sort of thing for console games again.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I rather like the designs, even if they are a touch generic. We never had enough ice Digimon after all.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kind of cool but it doesn't look like it was made by WiZ, I guess the Chinese company designed it. I might like it more when we see its ultimate. It's really cool that they let them do this though, and that he's in a Pendulum so he may appear in future games. And I'm happy YukiAgumon has a friend/potential evolutions in future games lol. They should do this sort of thing for console games again.
Whist not full lines, the console games HAVE added new Digimon in every one for a while

Re;Digitize - RustTyrannomon, Titamon
Cyber Sleuth - Mastemon
Next Order - Gold Guardromon, Alter B, Zwart D, Alter S (mentioned) and technically Meicrackmon VM
Hacker's Memory - Hudiemon, technically Ciel

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't mean just new Digimon , I meant new partner Digimon they use as mascots for their games like Lunamon and Coronamon, and Erismon.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re;Digitize - RustTyrannomon, Titamon
Cyber Sleuth - Mastemon
Next Order - Gold Guardromon, Alter B, Zwart D, Alter S (mentioned) and technically Meicrackmon VM
Hacker's Memory - Hudiemon, technically Ciel
You forgot about VoltoBautamon too!!

Anyways, I have to tell I like Bulcomon's design and I really wonder about his Mega form!!

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bulcomon looks much better in the 2d art rather than the 3d models, looks very "chinese"

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bulcomon is kinda cute lol

Chinese Monodramon? Like Alolan Pokemon? xD

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering stuff like Snow Agumon, Digimon did Alola forms first

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really interested in the other forms. I wonder what it's final form looks like. Hope they use it for more stuff.