Digimon Encounters Trailer, New Digimon, & Gameplay Videos

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bulcomon? What does that mean...?

I wonder if this line is countermeasure to Vobomon's line or not.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have any idea what Bulcomon's name might be derived from? The Chinese name seems to mean Blue Dragon (mon), while the Adult and Perfect forms are Pale Dragon (mon) and Crystal Dragon (mon) respectively. So maybe for "Bulcomon" they meant Blucomon, but I have no idea where they got the "co" part from. I suppose it might be from "cold," though that wouldn't be derived from the Chinese name, and we still don't know for sure that he's icy.
probably the "co" was derived from "draconic", also 碧龙 means jade dragon, most likely...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't look particularly much like jade to me. It is blue, however, which 碧 can mean when used as an adjective.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we have a picture of the protagonists? I need it for my collection.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Paledramon is going to make it hard to differentiate from Paildramon in spoken conversation. I know Paildramon should really be Piledramon, but the incorrect name is so accepted that I doubt many people will care.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They don't look anything like a Digimon to me. I can't look at it and think "Digimon"

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Paledramon is going to make it hard to differentiate from Paildramon in spoken conversation. I know Paildramon should really be Piledramon, but the incorrect name is so accepted that I doubt many people will care.
I don't know. Most fans wouldn't pronounce them the same way, I think. As I recall, the English dub pronounced Paildramon as Pie-eel-dramon.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've consumed so much Japanese media my first attempt at a pronunciation was "Pah-Lay-Dramon."

I think Paledramon looks nice, but the other two just have an "off-ness" to them. It'd be nice if they got key art from Watanabe or another artist, as opposed to snapshots of a projection of 3D models.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't read the text super clearly so I won't do a full translation now, but some stuff:

Paledramon
- can fly at high speed; regular climate/weather changes don't really affect it
- however, when it faces off against digimon like meramon, its body shrinks and its power weakens, making it akin to a child level (?) in combat prowess
- has a strong sense of camaraderie. if a comrade it has battled together with lands up in danger, it will drop everything to help.
- has an attack where it spews freezing breath, and an attack where it spreads its wings in mid-air and summons a blizzard.

CrysPaledramon
- only very few Paledramon manage to evolve into CrysPaledramon
- freezes its body solid to form armour
- the icicles on its back (wings?) won't melt even under high temperature
- spews cold air from its cannon ports
- can fly at high speed even in stormy weather

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know. Most fans wouldn't pronounce them the same way, I think. As I recall, the English dub pronounced Paildramon as Pie-eel-dramon.
Indeed it does

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had no idea, I always pronounced Paildramon like you would say Paledramon.

DL22003

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So:

碧龙兽(Bulcomon) = Blue Dragon Beast
苍龙兽 (Paledramon) = Gray Dragon Beast
晶龙兽 (Cryspaledramon) = Crystal Dragon Beast

The meaning of their Romanized names aren't so far from their Chinese counterpart.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news post with the other forms and names.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NO way? This Bulcomon? With that chinese design like that?! So he is going to get a new jogress soon? Or new Vortrex Warrior?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm prob way off but the Mega seems humanoid. Either a waifu in a skirt, or a dude like Angemon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added an updated version of the trailer that shows Bulcomon properly and not in silhouette.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He has always been a real Digimon, as Encounters is an official game regardless of being Chinese-only. Sistermon Ciel is a region-specific Digimon too (specifically a Western censored variant), but she is also in the Pendulum 20th.

Last edited:

pumpkiumpkins

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just noticed that with this, there's an elemental trio with Vorvomon, Erismon, and Bulcomon. Neat that the mobile games seemed to bring in a new big line, each.