Digimon Encounters Trailer, New Digimon, & Gameplay Videos

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TMS is right. As long as it's not so much. Look at the game Darkstalkers. Haven't they reused most of those sprites through the whole series and some guest shots? That might be a bad example but still.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news with a photo of the new Digimon.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like an alternate Monodramon evolution! I like it!

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it's basically just a kobold.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooooh, is it ice-themed? I sure hope so, there is a serious dearth of icy/snowy Digimon. He's a real cutie either way, glad it doesn't appear to be yet another generic dragon like I thought from the silhouette.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That actually looks really cool. Much better than what I ha expected when it was first revealed. It' a shame that this will probably never come to the west since it's a chinese digimon game.

Not much of a a fan of the new digimon though. Maybe it's just the lightning making me think that but that all blue color scheme is a bit of a turn off. He almost looks more like a neopet than a digimon haha

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He looks weird tbh. Wonder when/if we'll get a name. He doesn't look like a mega

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting character. An ice based... Lizard-y Mon? What is that?

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why is everybody mentioning it being ice type? Is it just an assumption or am I missing something?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might not be icy, but it’s blue and crystalline, with white fur, so it being icy looks pretty likely.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Child look extremely generic monster from any Monster RPG app games. But that Ultimate form and ice mineral type are good enough to accept yet more Dragon types again...

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those...are not that great. Still good to have something new!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess it's about the "quality" one could expect from a line thought up by some chinese mobile developer.
Completely monotonous evolutions in the style of the Hackmon's or Zubamon's but without the alleviating circumstances of being based on an actually somewhat interesting base design or concept. So basically the definition of a cheap attempt.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly I like them better than Zubamon, while they may not have an interesting background or concept, but there seems to be enough difference in each stage to keep me happy. The Mega looks like it'll be particularly different, so I'm hopeful.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as the Digimon look like themselves, what does it matter?
it matters coz they look cheaper than a bootleg digimon game developer did.

Also for the new digimon, yeah I was thinking first that it was not digimon, more like some chinese monster designs in some random games. But it's good to have more icy reptile digimon.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not much of a fan of the digimon or his evolutions at all. I'll wait for some more clear shots before I actually judge though

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have any idea what Bulcomon's name might be derived from? The Chinese name seems to mean Blue Dragon (mon), while the Adult and Perfect forms are Pale Dragon (mon) and Crystal Dragon (mon) respectively. So maybe for "Bulcomon" they meant Blucomon, but I have no idea where they got the "co" part from. I suppose it might be from "cold," though that wouldn't be derived from the Chinese name, and we still don't know for sure that he's icy.