Digimon Encounters Trailer, New Digimon, & Gameplay Videos

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been awhile since we heard anything from this...

But then it is generally outside the range of what we tend to cover, but since we have a trailer and a fun detail, thought it might be fun to do an update on this.

We first got details on Digimon Encounters nearly a year ago, and it shortly after went into beta in China. After that point it vanished for most of us, just isn't in the range of things we tend to be able to easily keep an eye on.

But then we found a trailer and it showed various gameplay elements, so it seemed like a good time to do a short update on it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Plus a new Digimon being introduced in the game in silhouette form! (With a number of recognizable Digimon around the new character with some really nice looking art.)

Just a few small but fun updates for those who don't keep a close eye on this type of thing.

Not sure how long the trailer has been around for (or even if there is a full image of the new Digimon somewhere), but if anything else interesting shows up we'll share it.

If the video embed doesn't work here is a direct link to the video mirror.

Update- We have a photo of the Digimon thanks to QooApp.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There are also a few videos of gameplay footage...

Thanks to Ulforce_Soul for the heads up.

Update- Images of the various levels for the new Digimon, including names!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bulcomon is his child form.
Paledramon is his adult form.
CrysPaledramon is his perfect form.
His ultimate we only see in silhouette and the name hasn't been revealed.

Thanks to wildwing for the heads up and Ulforce_Soul for the images.

Update- An updated version of the Encounters trailer that shows Bulcomon's artwork.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to Digisoul for the heads up about the trailer.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoaa is this a Chinese Created Digimon or Both parties involved?

Hope not like Snowmanmon haha

Kinda looks like MetalGreymon in Xross Wars

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoaa is this a Chinese Created Digimon or Both parties involved?
As mentioned in the prior article, it's a collaboration between Bandai Namco Shanghai and Chengdu Momo.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It arts cool. Hoping the new Mon is cool though I guess it counts less due to Chinese.

Getting bored of Cyber Slueth models

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wait! a new digimon! i didn't thought they will make a new mon for a game that wasn't created in jp
i wonder if he will have his own line?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if it'll be stuck in china forever.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope not like Snowmanmon haha
What the heck is Snowmanmon?!

I wonder how this game is though. Links is pretty terrible imo, wouldn’t mind having this game in English as an alternative.
Ultimate level Snowman created by Fox Kids USA and it's an evil demon too (it used Myotismon's stat page lol)

So bascially it's a US exclusive Mon

His worry was prob more that it would be exclusive to China and never be used in Japan though

But it prob will be considering Ciel has shown up in Japan, so this wouldn't be the first "non Japanese Digimon" to show up there.

Poor Snowman and Citramon though :(

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This might be a somewhat different case from Ciel, since Ciel was created for an American audience but still designed in Japan. I'll be very interested to see whether this Chinese Digimon appears in Japanese materials with a "normal" name.

digijuan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly it already looks better than links.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wanna add that the music in the trailer is fantastic and the character customisation looks cool

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's interesting. I'm maybe most interested in seeing the new Digimon. I wonder what it could be.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm afraid this Digimon is condemned to be a new Sleipmon: Burst Mode. Anyways, there's something I don't understand, has this game already been released or not?
Seemed like they were saying it was in Beta (so a demo I guess) for a year and I guess a trailer means it will drop "officially" soon

and since it's still Bandai, the Japanese branch can easily ask for the model of the new Mon if they want it

It seems kinda like Dorulumon/Erismon to me

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
feels quite cheap since they just reuse the Cyber Sleuth, even the bootleg chinese games had more effort into creating their own model, also Soul Chaser looks more worthy as well though their 2d feels quite cheap as well. I won't say this better than Linkz, usually chinese mobile games are... unfriendly.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
feels quite cheap since they just reuse the Cyber Sleuth, even the bootleg chinese games had more effort into creating their own model
Are you referring to Digimon Digital Tyrannosaurus Guild Wars? For a bootleg game, the features within it is decent and uses their own created models rather than reusing existing models from other games. Also, the Digimon depicted within DDTGW have some redesigns.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
feels quite cheap since they just reuse the Cyber Sleuth, even the bootleg chinese games had more effort into creating their own model, also Soul Chaser looks more worthy as well though their 2d feels quite cheap as well. I won't say this better than Linkz, usually chinese mobile games are... unfriendly.
Can we please stop calling smartly reusing art assets "cheap" or "lazy"? The Cyber Sleuth models are perfectly fine, and not having to make all new models gives them more time and money to spend on actually developing the game.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can we please stop calling smartly reusing art assets "cheap" or "lazy"? The Cyber Sleuth models are perfectly fine, and not having to make all new models gives them more time and money to spend on actually developing the game.
Reusing them is fine for this game, especially since it's just a chiense only game

the next Story game though, with how long they've been doing it, I hope they've redone some, or all of the models. A few are dated at this point

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
while even a bootleg game has more effort in building their own model instead of reusing assets from Japanese one? LOL you only defended it. Soul Chaser still feel more worthy than this since at least they use their own model, not reused assets from CS. It's not anything bad, but it's very boring to see the same and same models again. We've seen CS models in Ne0, Linkz, ReArise, and this.... isn't it too oversaturrated?

Last edited: