Digimon: Desperate Directory (Sign-Ups/Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry I haven't been posting recently, my family has been busy packing. The day of our flight is just two days away, so I'll be busy during then too.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, guys, sorry for my lack of activity, I am taking this time to re-work the battle system, this way there won't be any horribly blind kamikaze bees, hope you can understand, and please protect yourself from the bees in the meanwhile.

Last edited:

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tUo1niQeHnMG2zOgHcvsz_ourLLkT4kMj_wR6UK98qQ/edit?usp=sharing

Might as well put this here... This is the revamped model of the Battle System and Stats.

The evolution stages are independent of the levels of the Digimon so for example we could have a level 4 WarGreymon or something. Every time a Digimon evolves it gains certain stat boosts, these boost accumulate thru stages, so a Adult level has both the boost of a Child and Adult level that are depicted on the spreadsheet.

I also made a simple calculator where you can just insert the stats of the Attacker and Target and calculate hit damage and such.

Another thing I added were attacks. Signature attacks are moves that are learned depending on the stage of the Digimon but you can always use moves from previous levels, leading to stuff like Lucemon F.M. being able to use Bubble, however you can only use each once per battle. Every stage only has 1 Signature move except for the Ultimates. Regular attacks are dependent on level, they aren't as strong as signature moves but they each hold their own niche be it support or working around Digimon with specific weaknesses.

Oh yeah! Weaknesses! Every Digimon (Minus the baby stages) have Weaknesses and Advantages. For example Chirp is resistant to Fire and Wind techniques but loses to Earth and Water attacks. Each Digimon have their specific weaknesses so be smart and learn how to play with them.

Each team member has a specific role.

Sun is a "Berserker-class", not that there are classes it's just a comparison point, he hits hard dudes and is fast. He doesn't have a lot of supporting abilities but he can help out in certain situations. He has relatively frail defenses but he can still hold himself.

Chirp is the "Healer" and Support bot of the group, he has great morale boosting moves, he can even allow Humans to match Adult level Power! He learns a variety ranged attacks and some of them very powerful but he isn't necessarily strong, having the lowest chance of the group to grow his STR!

Neo could be considered both the Archer and Mage, he is fast, strong but really frail and excels on ranged attacks unlike Sun who relies on close quarters combat. However these ranged moves have lower accuracy, that he doesn't mind much because he has a lot of MND which is the stat that helps with hit rates (and some skill activation but skills are for another day).

Last but not least Rōnin! He is the tank of the group but also the debuffer. He has mastered many different types of cuts that can hinder specific body parts. While he is great in a lot of stats his calculating and calm nature also leaves him to be a bit slow and he isn't the luckiest guy. Oh yeah LCK! LCK is the stat that affects HP healed and also helps in avoiding blows! Not that important for someone like Rōnin. Once he evolves to Yaksamon he actually learns a Mind-control support move! Pretty cool for someone that needs to be in 2 spaces at once!

Any way. Hope you are having fun. You'll master this system in no time!

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sweet work! Flattered to be our Berserker, I've always favored that class in RPGs, heheh. Still a bit busy settling back in America, but I should be able to get back in soon!

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Man, these are very cool MasterOfTartarus, Deino. I would like to inform everyone that I can't commit much time on the RP, since it's the start of High School and everything's frantic. I will resume activity when I have settled in a good schedule.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ty Anna :)

got a closer look on stats and everything and i got some questions Deino (btw love the skills you made)
are tamers stas fixed?
what does tamer stats do? especially MNT since i guess that normal punches gonna have 100% ACU
can tamers and partner move to different places or ar they always together(in battle)?
as for range, you might want to use this for your spreadsheet

relates to my question about skill range(example range2) is it this or this?

i´m sure i had more question but i completly forgot them :p

also, where is my Dead or Alive with 100 Hit 10 Pow and 50% instant kill?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A
jk

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tamer's stats, as opposed to the Digimon stats, where they grow according to "random chance", grow in a fixed rate and humans alao have their level and stats cap at 5 meaning they aren't doing much aside from defeating Baby-stages and Child-levels.

As I said before MND also works for certain skills (F.E: Ronin's Tactical Thrashing) and it affects the hit rates of certain support moves.

Tamers while moving together with their partners are untargetable but cannot attack. They however can move separatly, for example, to use support techniques or to do side objectives like helping civilians.

Range works like the second example. I was thinking how to do something like that, thanks for the template!

Also, don't worry Anna___ we'll be here waiting for as long as it is needed!

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heh, looks like we're all gonna be out of it for a bit. That's actually pretty convenient.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is it too late to join up? if so I would like to I can make a bio

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I originally expected this to go develop quicker, so that at this point we would be halfway thru this first arc, not that I think we're working slow its more like I didn't know anything about how these worked. I initially said that I wouldn't allow submissions past 4 weeks or so, looking back, that was stupid, I decided to allow anyone to submit as long as they develop their character and follow the rules.

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Mmm, probably fine. Unless you catch me in a day that I'm too busy. But otherwise, fine. I am ready to get back to it.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds good! I'll be on the computer at around 7 till 9, and then I'll be off mostly until around 4, after that I'll be on and off the computer regularly for the rest of the day.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, one or two posts per week is the most I'll be asking to you guy, maybe more if we get a quick posting chain going on.

Edit: I also have school to deal with, so I don't expect to post here constantly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.