Digimon: Desperate Directory (RP Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"hold your horses" Kou whispers to Alex, grabs her arm and draged her to the others "there is no way of knowing if we can trust this guy, for all we know he could rob us on the way lead us to his hideout or whatever, we don´t even know this Lamamento place it could be full of these creature"

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Before Alex did anything she was dragged by Kou more closely to the group and whispered something only she heard. She pulled her hand away and looked at him. Didn't he see what she saw?! This could be their only chance at getting help. If this person was nice enough to give them help, they shouldn't waste it!

"Look, I just want to go home. If this person is nice enough to give us help, why doubt it?! He could be a really nice guy, you don't know that!" she hissed at him. What they needed right know was some optimism, not this. Rōnin agreed with the other person. You shouldn't trust whoever you came across. Around here, that usually lead to death. "Indeed. It would be advisable to be more cautious. You don't know others' intentions." he said softly.

Now she was annoyed. Was he reprimanding her? Who did he think he was! "Look, buddy, but I don't trust you either! What was it, again? <<You don't know others' intentions>>" she mocked him. Rōnin was insulted. His intentions were clear and noble. "Fair enough. If advice doesn't stop your naivety, then maybe hands-on experience will." he warned her. He wasn't really going to leave her, just hoping to scare her from doing this.

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kou gave Alex a serious look "maybe a nice guy, huh? well i don´t want to give your parents youre torn of limbs if we even get back at all, i can understand if your scared sissy but i don´t think it gonna be that easy"
Kou looks down to to Neo "you haven´t seen anything like us right? tell her" "there are only Digimon around here" Neo replied, with a worried face he didn´t want to upset the girl-human-thing he just met.
"what about you two? should we follow that thing yay or nay"

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Well..." Shun thought about Kou's question. "This green thing jumping again-"
"My name is Sun!"
"Sun here, who is jumping against my head, seems to be telling me that it wouldn't be a good idea. So... I'm for 'no'. The guy doesn't look safe at all."

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kyle was a bit embarassed by what was going on. Yeah, that they wanted to get to civilization the quickest they could, but he also agreed that Steve wasn't exacly a trustworthy face. But he always learned to never judge a book by its cover, mostly because he bought too many books just because of cool covers.

"You know guys, I don't think we should be that harsh with Steve, yes he looks like a weird green goblin monster, but we have no basis to distrust him more than the ones in your side. I'm with Steve."

Chirp didn't really bother with Kyle's words, but couldn't help to help in the conversation:
"I actually came here from Lamamento, I was there on a slight vacation, if we get too far away from the path to Lamamento I'll tell you guys and we can deal with the liar!"

Steve swallowed dry, he didn't want those weird Digimon to beat him up.
"There wont be any need for fightin'. You can trust me, I'll even make yo' a deal, you'll stay fo' free at ma' sista's shop, of course, yo' kind will have to pay me back latter, know what I'm saying? You guys don't have cash, I don't have a labor force, what you think, fiddy'-fiddy', ends there, capiche?"

Steve brought up a good point, they didn't have this place's currency, neither did they have a place to sleep or even food. Kyle debated a little but this could have them gain an ally, and money.

"Add in a couple of days of an expense-free, at least, 3.5 star hotel stay and a couple of spending money and we're set."- Negociated Kyle.

"You'll sleep on my couches and you'll get 15% of what I make when you work for me."- Responded Steve in an unimpressed tone.

" Make it 20% and it's a deal"

Kyle and Steve eyed each other for a good minute, Kyle was just acting though, see how far he could push him. Eventually Steve cracked a smile.

"Sure, now, what are you even, atheist Angemons? Devimons not that into BDSM? C'mon."

Kyle returned to his state of confusion and embarassment.

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kou still wasn´t sure about Steves intentions, though going back and forth would get them nowhere.
"*sigh* fine since you already went ahead striking a deal Kyle, i leave the responsibility to you" Kou punches Kyle shoulder sligthly "just remember that if we die i´ll gonna lament to you for the rest of eternity in whatever afterlife there is" Kou said with a smile.
Kou looked at Steve "welp we are humans, long story short we came from really far away" Kou pats Steves back "so go ahead and lead us the way, dude"

Kou walks back to Neo "ehh what was that sudden change of attitude?" Kou leans down to Neo and whispers to him "i still don´t trust him, but we have to do something so i just tried to lighten the mood and give him a false sense of security, stay ready if he tries something fishy ok?"
"got it" Neo replied.

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Labor?! Sleeping on couches?! They are just kidding, right? Surely, when they reached this Lamamento place Alex could easily withdraw a large sum of money from her bank acccount and split with all of her team and book a 5-star hotel, no need to work for money, right? But baby-angel said earlier that only "Digimons" inhabited this place. That probably meant new culture, new slang, new currency etc., etc. Thankfully no new language, but a entirely different script is possible. Well she had been abroad for vacation many times before, so she could treat this as such. What worried her was if the others could deal with culture shock. She easily could, having been to many places before, but could they?

"Warning, I am no good at this working business, but I'll try." she warned. She turned to Steve and gave him a sickeningly sweet smile "And Steve dear, if anything bad happens to us with this deal, I'll personally kill you. OK~?" she said with honey dripping from her voice. Currently Rōnin was in a giant dilemma right now. To follow or not to follow? This pull he felt from the group and his noble heart said to follow. Earlier he did decide to, but staying in civilization? Working? That was a bit of a stretch and told him not to follow. He lived in the wild, he didn't know how to act in a city. He shouldn't get attached to these children. But his heart won over. He was soft and lonely, and these children needed someone reliable, a protector of sorts. He was the perfect candidate for the job.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Before Shin realized it most everyone was following this "Steve" person.
"Kid, we gotta go with them. We dunno what's happening, and there's no way I'mma be left out of some knowledge. If things go well, we're all good, if they don't, I beat 'em up, it's easy. Come on." Sun pushed against Shin's head. Shin sighed.
"Alright fine." Shin caught up to just behind the rest of the group with saying anything, just drifting behind.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kyle and Steve both gave a few laughs of moderate fear.

" Don'tcha worry miss, you'll be getting the best of treatment in Lamamento, we have mud baths, oil baths, regular baths, all kind of baths in Lamamento, of course that isn't included in your vacation package.- Said the green goblin.

Chirp also wasn't too keen on going with Steve, but if he provided a stay and food it was good deal, specially since he had spent a lot of his Bits on massages and mud baths.

They all set foot to Lamamento. The shortcut wasn't that shortcut-y they still walked most of the time in a beaten dirt path, a few times they stepped in between the leaves and such but now they weren't very far away from Lamamento, Chirp didn't signal so they didn't have a reason to suspect anything. The presences didn't do much to ease the trip, it felt haunting but the Digimon didn't seem to mind it.

"We are almost there, my sister, she is going to present you with some good ol' meatball subs. You'll be squeaking fo' mo'. What do you human eat back in your world? Bet it's something nasty like mud cakes or rock sandwiches! Eh eh!"- Laughed Steve.

"Well, uhm we kind of have our meatball subs there too..."- Said Kyle a bit nervous

"But with Rocks right?"- Asked Chirp

"No, with meatballs"- Said Kyle embarassed.

In the middle of this, something felt wrong.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neo stopped walking as he noticed something wasn´t quite right, as Kou noticed this he turned around "something on your mind Neo?"
"i can´t point my finger at it but i think we are in trouble" Neo said with a worried voice, Kou´s muscle tensed up as Neo said the words and Kou could see that also the other Digimon making grim faces.
"Damn! do you guys see anything?!"

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They had certainly walked a lot. Alex whispered complains and curses between her teeth throught their journey. Why not walk on a the normal path that has less dirt and mud, huh? Thankfully she was wearing her casual trainers. Comfortable to walk long distances in and the dirt washed away easily. Still, she was kinda tired and sweat had begun to form. Walking was not fun. Steve and Kyle striked up a conversation about food. "Man, some water would be nice." she sighed. She hadn't consumed anything since she had passed out. Well, at least she wasn't hungry. "Also, meatball sub wouldn't be anywhere near MY choices of food. Too unhealthy." she said.

Rōnin was again confused. Had the child not walked at all in her life? She kept complaining like some pampered princess but he suspected the slang she muttered under her breath were words of a sailor. She was in no position to complain, she was bipedal and had good footwear as well. When the others begun a conversation, he didn't know what it was about. Food he reckoned. He survived with food that grew off the land, so he had no idea. According to Alex, they were talking about unhealthy food? Was that even possible? Food nurtured you and gave you energy to surive. Civilization was definately weird. All of a sudden, his instincts went wild and he went on attack mode. He was going to protect every one. No losses allowed.

Last edited:

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kyle looked around, they couldn't turn back, the vegetation and the pits of mud only allowed them to move forwards, and forward was were the biggest trouble was found, three large yellow flies appeared climbing down the trees, it wasn't a pretty scene, there appeared to be a boss, a women? Other humans here? She had barely any clothes on and a visor, she just stood there watching.

Combat Start:

The dark green is the border of the map, impassable, the light green is light vegetation and provides a 5% boost to avoid. The brown is mud pits and those lower avoid by 20% for any non-flier.

Puroromon's Stats:
LV:1
HP:4
ATK:3
DEF:1
SPD:1
INT:0
SPT:0
MOV: 3

Fairimon's Stats:
LV:6
HP:14
ATK:4
DEF:4
SPD:10
INT:5
SPT:3
MOV: 7

Kyle and Chirp move to J6 and Kyle tries to kick the Puroromon:

Hit:
(2*3-(1+0)*10)=50%

Damage:
(2-1)=1

Chirp decides to peck the same Puroromon:

Hit:
(2*3-(1+0)*10)=50%

Damage:
(2-1)=1

(Hit and damage calcs are done when the turn ends.)

"C'mon you guys!"

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they looked around for the presence the Digimon felt and soon enough 3 Bee like beings climbed down the trees "finally some action my fists got tired, let´s get at em Neo!"

Kou and Neo move to K9, Kou also takes alook to see if he can find a stick or stone he could use as a weapon.

(OOC: just copied you Deino, not quite sure how you calc Hit though)

Last edited:

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Out of nowhere three large bees and a giant fairy appeared and begun to attack the group.

Alex immediately moved to H9 hopping the vegetation would help her hide.
+5% to avoid.

Rōnin was ready to fight, but he was a little surprised when he saw Fairimon. That was unusual.
He runs to J7 and awaits to attack the Puroromon Chirp and Kyle hit.

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Well it may not be the Gobli, but I knew something was lurking around here!" Sun said as he jumped off of Shin's shoulder, pushing Shin back a bit by the sudden push.
"Hey wait! Be careful!" Shin called in surprise.
"Ain't no Puroromon's gonna beat me!" Sun shouted. However he misjudged the distance and landed a good space away from the nearest of said Puroro.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kyle and Chirp hit rolls:

Puroromon took 2 damage! (2/4)

Puroromon attacked Kyle!

Hit:
(0*3-(2+2)*10)=-40%

Puroromon missed massively, ramming itself into the ground onto H6 and taking one damage (1/4).

The Puroromon closest to Sun also rammed itself pretty hard onto L10 and hurt itself (3/4(

The last Puroromon decided that it wasn't worth fighting for, and ran into Q4.

"I wasn't expecting some damned bees to mess with us! I'll protect yo' girl!" Steve moved into H8 and braced for soft impact.

Their boss seemed pretty mad maybe because they were pathetically missing every target, she grabbed the shaking Puroromon next to her and put it on top of her shoulders.
"There, there, everything will be fine. RETREAT!"

She and the Puroromon disappeared into the woods.

(OOC: Should I continue to post pictures of the rolls or just type them? Also the fact that the Puroromon's stats lead them to have negative hit wasn't my intention but actually makes this more memorable.)

Last edited:

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"what the hell was this?" Kou scratched his head "first they attack us then they totally fail and retreat? hey Steve are people crazy around here or something?"
Kou still looks around seaching a stick or a stone "by the way you didn´t get a spare Mace in you pocket do you?"

(OOC just type the results, yeah it´s kinda funny lol)

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alex slowly came out of the foliage. She was utterly shaken from what just happened. She muttered a soft "Thanks." towards Steve and Rōnin. They clearly had fought to protect her. The situation went by too fast. Suddenly they were attacked and suddenly the fight stop. She wondered WHY they were attacked in the first place. Her whole body was filled with adrenaline and she had this awful headache. She tried to take some deep breaths to calm herself down. It wasn't really working. She quickly started to think about thinks she liked. Like fashion. Oh yes, soon they were reaching Lamamento, right? She could go window shopping there! She was ready to explore the new culture of this place!

Rōnin was not impressed. They hadn't fought much, and yet they got scared and retreated? Weak. The child thanked him. She didn't need to. He was glad she was safe. Was everyone else? "Is everyone alright?" he asked the group. They couldn't continue if people were hurt, and staying in the middle of the forest was not a good idea. "If everyone is healthy, we start walking again." he said. He didn't know what to think about Steve. He seemed to have kept Alex safe. He reckoned that maybe Steve was trustworthy after all.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Comabat Over:
EXP:
Everyone (10/100)

Kyle also didn't really know what had just happened... did they just rushed them for fun? Maybe their plans just didn't pull thru.

Alex seemed vaguely concerned about everyone's state.

"I just kicked a oversized bee in the face! I feel awesome! Thankfully those bees were blind as a bat, they couldn't even touche me, ah ah ah!"- Laughed Kyle clearly in a panicked state.
"Are you OK big guy?"- Said Chirp worried.

Kyle fumbled down to the floor. What was going on? He broke down in tears. Was he stuck there forever, far away from his family, from his friend, from all the world he now had lost, did he need to fight? He couldn't see himself there for much longer.

Steve came up to him and kicked him in the food, Kyle looked up.

"Do you want to die in the middle of the forest crying? Pick yourself up and let's go."- Steve continued up ahead.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
everyone seemed a bit shaken by the encounter and so the continued silently walking through the woods.
after walking for quite awhile Kou noticed that the vegetation was getting less, he broke the silence "well seems like we are almost there, make some happy faces you crybabys"
he then turned to Steve "so is there anything we should know, any no-goes or people we should avoid?"

Status
Not open for further replies.