Digimon Data Link - Burst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My local Wal-Mart, the one that actually sold Data Squad stuff, no longer has a spot on the shelves for it. It's like once they sold out of that initial shipment, they never got any more Data Squad merchandise at all. Toys R Us has desperately needed to restock the whole store for months, and their Data Squad situation seems to be much like Wal-Mart's--nothing restocked past that one initial moment of having everything in stock. :p Given the fact that all the places in my area look like they're about to have a huge fall restock, I'm waiting until I completely write off the new Data Squad toys until they actually do restock everything and show no signs of restocking the new Data Squad stuff as well.

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does not sound good. Guess that means that Entertainment Earth dis actually right. Or that the Bursts will be one hell of a hard to find Digivice.

tekufreak72

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well Bandai already updated their Data Squad toy website with the kudamon toys, but they haven't added the mega burst and ToyWiz changed the Mega Burst from Pre-Order ships July to Pre-order ships August.

tekufreak72

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh sorry guess i never paid attention to those toys :-\

hiMrBubbles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just received an email from Bandai and they said the Kudamon set and the Kamemon set should be out already. The Burst is supposed to be released in Mid-Late August. If you want proof I'll post the email.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd sent them an e-mail a couple of days ago, and they didn't tell me anything about the specific availability of anything. All they said was:
Thank you for your interest in our Digimon products.

The Fall 2008 release of these items is scheduled to hit stores mid - late August.

Products being released are:

Digivice Data Link Mega Burst, 1.5" Collectible Figures, and 5" Action Figures.

hiMrBubbles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you for your interest in the Fall 2008 line of Digimon products. Currently the Digivice Data Link Mega Burst is scheduled to hit stores sometime mid to late August.For the Digimon sets that you reference, if your speaking of the collectible figures, those should already be in your local retail store.

L

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I emailed Bandai once and i did not even get a message back.

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=hiMrBubbles link=topic=9127.msg119650#msg119650 date=1218077247]
Thank you for your interest in the Fall 2008 line of Digimon products. Currently the Digivice Data Link Mega Burst is scheduled to hit stores sometime mid to late August.For the Digimon sets that you reference, if your speaking of the collectible figures, those should already be in your local retail store.
[/quote]

So... You're definitely either writing from memory or lying to us.

I know you didn't copy paste it, because you would have a bunch of breaks in there, and the grammar is horrid.

hiMrBubbles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DarkTamer Steph link=topic=9127.msg119662#msg119662 date=1218078369]
So... You're definitely either writing from memory or lying to us.

I know you didn't copy paste it, because you would have a bunch of breaks in there, and the grammar is horrid.
[/quote]

Don't be an ass I don't have to lie to you and yes I did c/p it.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l28/StellarLoussi3r/dontbeanass.jpg?t=1218082174

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like we are getting the Burst after all. I'm feeling VERY relieved now. ^_^

I'll start looking for it soon, and report back with my findings. Let's hope at least Kudamon and Kamemon make it in. As I've stated before, if the PawnChessmon make it in I'll refer to that as a big bonus. :)

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it is based on the japanese Line-up( minus the non-Savers Digimon, like in the Data Link ): Agu, Gao, Falco, Kuda and Kame will make it in.

tekufreak72

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The e-mail i got was recieved July 25 and it said :

Thank you for your interest in Digimon Digivice Data Link Mega Burst.This is an item from the Fall 2008 line which is currently shipping to retailers' warehouse locations. They in turn send products to their stores so you can check with your local stores to see if they have them in stock yet or know of their arrival.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Bandai America

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good news and bad news.

The good news is that Amazon's pages are up. Here's the ShineGrey color, the MirageGao color is also listed but I don't have the URL yet.

Bad news is, they're listed as "currently unavailable."

AlforceVeedramon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't help but laugh at the description:

"The Digimon line is based on the 5th TV season of Digimon: Data Squad currently airing on Jetix Block on Toon Disney. The new Digivice DataLink is the newest electronic toy for a boy that enables them to enact fierce battles with their virtual Digimon monsters."

Bandai's pretty sexist, don't you think?

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We went over the sexist thing before, and it wasn't pretty. The issue should be dropped now before the entire topic derails. >_>

And on the topic of the new stuff, I went out shopping today and looked at several different stores for the new Digimon stuff while I was out. No luck, and the Digimon section at Toys R Us is still shrinking (down to two pegs) and showing no signs of getting any larger. Despite Bandai's e-mails, I am not reassured in the least. :p

L

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To day i decided to check my local wal mart and you will not believe what i found.....NOTHING. Literally nothing, the whole bandai area was cleaned out. There were empty shelves which means new shipments, which means maybe some digimon products. XD

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Walmart has been out of digimon stuff for a long time. After it ran out the whole section was replaced by Ben 10 stuff (an odd series to put next to Pokemon, in my opinion). Now Ben 10 is empty, so maybe, just maybe, it will be stocked with digimon again. I'm really hoping so. I would ask an employee, but they are mostly minorities that speak in languages and accents I have trouble understanding. And the people I can understand don't know how to check warehouse stock so...

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny you should mention the Digimon stuff getting replaced at your Wal-Mart. At the two Wal-Marts I've checked today, they're in the middle of their seasonal reset, and it seems the Digimon section is being replaced with Bakugan stuff. Argh. :mad:

Here's hoping the Supercenter I'm checking tonight has something Digimon related.

Status
Not open for further replies.