Digimon creator speaks about Sorato and Taiora: behind the scenes of Adventure/02

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I must be one of the few people alive who didn't care for TaixSora or MattxSora. Still though TaixMatt had more chemistry, and unless its Lord of the Flies I'm typically not a yaoi fan.
> Lord of the Flies
> Yaoi

Whaaa.....?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is a shipper to do when there are no female characters?

Anyway, I'm sure anyone who takes a look around the internet will be quickly disabused of the notion that no one likes pairing Taichi and Yamato.

DigiTamer Rikun

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what else is a shipper to do when there are no female characters?

Anyway, i'm sure anyone who takes a look around the internet will be quickly disabused of the notion that no one likes pairing taichi and yamato.

EEUUUUGH.
Don't remind me... I'm trying to make my brain forget certain things.... Dx

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll continue to dislike Sorato, no matter what they say. :p TaixSora was always much cuter, IMO.
That may be true but that's why people may just not talk about the end of Adventure anymore.

I must be one of the few people alive who didn't care for TaixSora or MattxSora. Still though TaixMatt had more chemistry, and unless its Lord of the Flies I'm typically not a yaoi fan.
...I'll just not ask.

theM

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not the biggest Taiora fan out there but there were hints and telling scenes.
So I hardly can imagine that Sorato was planned from the beginning of Season 01 because there was nothing special in Season 01, they were barely in contact.The reportedly foreshadowing at end of 01 could be seen with anyone like saying Jyou and Sora had also their "good moments", as well as the others.
Surely, they are people who say they are just children.
But even children have or have not sympathy for each other.
And the feelings between Taichi and Sora portrayed in 01 were very strong.You can see it in many scenes.
There was strong trust and devotion on either side.I would also call it love, certainly not a mature one, but childish love.
In Our War Game! you can also see it very clearly and it is canon.I know that Sorato fans don't like the fact.

I actually would like to know what Sorato fans like about the couple because even though they are children I 'm not supporting the scenario "Dating the best friend's girlfriend".Maybe I'm a bit conservative in that way.
But for me just the thought is kind of abnormal.For best friends that's a no-go zone from my view.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The whole thing is a big clusterfudge. I doubt anyone ever understood it and we never. But one thing is true. Shipping is painful. Almost Akiba-level painful.

Rubicon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
theM: I will continue to submit that Taichi had WAY more feelings for Sora than she ever did him, at least that's what it looked like to me.

Welcome to the club then. I don't ship either because I find it hard to ship characters I just don't care about. It's also disappointing that of all the things that we could criticize about the epilogue, SHIPPING is the loudest BY FAR.

Last edited:

theM

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
theM: I will continue to submit that Taichi had WAY more feelings for Sora than she ever did him, at least that's what it looked like to me.
Ermm,...I would not say so.Just to name a few hints for Sora's strong feelings for Taichi

-Remember when Datamon kidnapped Sora, she yells for Taichi.Only Taichi.
-When Taichi disappeared into the real world, Sora left the group to continue the search for him on her own and later got an identity crisis regarding her crest, you can see that the separation truly affects her
-In Our War Game! Sora is so angry with Taichi just because he gave her a hair clip for her birthday and she was thinking that he might not like her look

Last edited:

theM

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original post already covers why the events of Our War Game! aren't relevant.
Hiroyuki Kakudou can't decide on his own that this movie isn't canon just because he was not working at it.
He is a part of a team that made Digimon Adventure/02 together.
How surprised I am that you raise a plea. ;)

RDNexus

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, Inpu... Lately, most of what I read of you is you countering others...

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original post already covers why the events of Our War Game! aren't relevant.
Hiroyuki Kakudou can't decide on his own that this movie isn't canon just because he was not working at it.
He is a part of a team that made Digimon Adventure/02 together.
Especially as he is the director after all and has not written the characters, as I mentioned before.
I mean, honestly, even Nishizono, who has written Sora was like "Well, I never gave her a birthdate, but wenn the writers of the movies thought it appropriate I have no problem with that. I just cannot say why they decided on it."

And after all: The second movie definitely IS canon, as it is referenced in Zero Two.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How surprised I am that you raise a plea. ;)

How surprised I am that I find I was not wrong to put you on my ignore list.

Me: “If Sorato was planned from the start of Digimon Adventure, why was there Taiora in Our War Game?"
Kakudou: “I had nothing to do with that movie."
So, TheM: Yes, we all know there is blatant Taiora in Our War Game!. It's already been covered, and the reason it is not relevant to whether or not Kakudou's claim is accurate is that he had nothing to do with that movie.

It is nonsensical to claim that Kakudou is wrong about his intending for there to be Taiora by pointing to a release that he was not involved with.

You have a really bad habit of trying to be patronizing or snarky when you aren't actually paying attention to what other people or saying or reading what the thread topic is already about. Please stop it, because your derailments are bordering on trolling.

Honestly, Inpu... Lately, most of what I read of you is you countering others...
And that tends to stop happening when people actually pay attention to the discussion instead of spewing nonsense and snark in some half-assed attempt to look smart.

(Or in other words, I'll stop calling out fools when there stop being fools to call out.)

And after all: The second movie definitely IS canon, as it is referenced in Zero Two.
Yes, I was not claiming it wasn't. I was noting that the events of the movie are irrelevant to the discussion of whether Kakudou is being honest or not. Blatant Taiora occurs in the dub, Our War Game!, and 02, I don't think anyone has been disputing that.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, I was not claiming it wasn't. I was noting that the events of the movie are irrelevant to the discussion of whether Kakudou is being honest or not. Blatant Taiora occurs in the dub, Our War Game!, and 02, I don't think anyone has been disputing that.
But as you might have noticed, theM was not talking about whether Kakudou was talking the truth or not. She was simply answering on another post, where somebody said, that he thought that there were no hints in the anime for Sora liking Taichi and theM proved him wrong. She did not talk about Kakudou at all.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I hardly can imagine that Sorato was planned from the beginning of Season 01 because there was nothing special in Season 01, they were barely in contact.The reportedly foreshadowing at end of 01 could be seen with anyone like saying Jyou and Sora had also their "good moments", as well as the others.
Surely, they are people who say they are just children.
But even children have or have not sympathy for each other.
And the feelings between Taichi and Sora portrayed in 01 were very strong.You can see it in many scenes.
There was strong trust and devotion on either side.I would also call it love, certainly not a mature one, but childish love.
In Our War Game! you can also see it very clearly and it is canon.I know that Sorato fans don't like the fact.
(Highlights mine)

My understanding of the discussion was that theM disagreed with the original post's claim, Rubicon in response said "even so, Tai appears to care more about Sora than she him", and theM again referenced Our War Game!. If theM had dropped the disagreement with the original post and was instead talking about the series as a whole, then I apologize for criticizing what was not technically inaccurate.

That being said, I still disagree with theM's conclusion:
-When Taichi disappeared into the real world, Sora left the group to continue the search for him on her own and later got an identity crisis regarding her crest, you can see that the separation truly affects her
1) He's the leader of the team, and the one with a record of saving everyone's butts and the only one whose gotten his Digimon to Perfect yet.
2) Her identity crisis regarding her crest has nothing whatsoever to do with Taichi, and the entire team split up one-by-one to look for Taichi, after (IIRC) arguing for a while about how to do it. They all wanted to find Taichi, she was merely the first to decide she could do better without the arguing.

Neither of these demonstrate "strong feelings" for Taichi, in my mind. Certainly not enough for it to equal the comparitively immense feelings Taichi has for her.

Last edited:

Rubicon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ermm,...I would not say so.Just to name a few hints for Sora's strong feelings for Taichi

-In Our War Game! Sora is so angry with Taichi just because he gave her a hair clip for her birthday and she was thinking that he might not like her look
They are not conclusive evidence. Inpu demonstrated why. Taichi did a lot more fussing over Sora than she did over him. She has strong feelings for him, that much is clear, but it's not clear that any of them are romantic. They are too young for that in any case.

Sometimes I wonder why Leading Man/Lancer/Leading Lady triangles are so popular.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because the lancer is usually the "bad boy"? It makes for good drama they say.

theM

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@xrick
Thank you for protecting me but I think it was just a misunderstanding between Inpu and me.

@KaenKazui
Thank you for your kind support.I really appreciate it.The insider fact of Nishizono,as well.
As you know I love the backstage stuff.
You wrote "She" but I had thought you knew that I'm a "He" or perhaps it was just a typo.
Funny thing.:D

@Inpu
Now I'm really surprised because I was active in so many different forums, also of other topics but I never heard that I was on someone's ignore list.
Actually my comment about you raising plea was more in a funny way.I was just tired to explain things over and over again. ;)

In my first post of this topic I was just talking about that I personally can't imagine that Sorato was planned from 1999 because there were no real hints in my eyes.
Then I was talking about Taiora's relationship in the whole, entire series including hints of canon movie "Our War Game!"

From your following post I thought that you saw OWG as not canon so I made my comment.
You probably had thought that I didn't know that Kakudou had nothing to do with OWG and that I used it as an explanation for Kakudou's incredibility.
Now I get it.Complicated thing.
Your words weren't very nice afterwards although it was actually a misunderstanding again.
Nevertheless I have nothing against you like I said in the other topic - so maybe we can just leave it behind.;)

As you can see below I think that the believability of my Taiora points are a matter of interpretation.

@Rubicon
Yes, these points are a big short cause I had scant time but in my mind the reader can clearly remember some moments when deep feelings were expressed from Sora's side as well.Certainly everyone has to decide on his/her own if this is conclusive evidence or not.
I personally think their feelings are as romantic as they can be within their age.It's of course a rather childish love.But I was also in love during primary school.:)
It's possible.

Now I hope that I didn't forget anything in this post...

Last edited:

anon?

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The main issue I have with the whole taiora vs sorato thing is that i was sorta blindsided. so there are only hints in digimon adventures 01 then it just time jumps 3 years and sora and matt are together? no character development no plot development the main characters turned into background chars. To me thats just lazy writing; everything that happened between sorato was OFFSCREEN?!!. Its like reading the first arc of a romance (shounen/shoujo/seinen/josei) manga then skipping to the very last chapter you dont go through the ups and downs of the relationship it might as well just be fanart. if sorato was indeed intended from the start the least they could have done was give it a proper storyline. or at least make tai not sad when he found out. hell they even had davis's sister like matt, meaning he couldve had someone other than sora. according to that tumblr post kakudo as director and cocreator shouldve voiced his opinion to the entire staff writers VAs and tell them sorato was intended. I am a taiora fan but thats just because of the OWG along with a couple hints in the series. I prefer to look at DA 02 as the sequel that shouldnt exist like most disney sequels.I prefer to think of it as Adventures ended with season 1, their all age 10-12 and just good friends with more adventures to come. I'm sorry if this comes off as a rant but i rather liked the plotline of digimon and season 2 was rather static and unoriginal to me.