Digimon Color V-Pet Version 1 & 2- Pre-Order Details, Images, Info, & Promo Video

Unrealx206

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy moly. Finally, a V-Pet with a color screen. However, I do have some critiques and reservations. Firstly, while it's great that we finally got a color screen, I'm kinda sad that we didn't get updated high-resolution sprites and animations like:
cUp4iFk.jpg

Also, I'm very, very skeptical about those rechargeable batteries, especially for toys. Tons of vintage V-Pets still run fine today and are highly collectible, but I do not see ones with rechargeable batteries lasting that long or being easily replaceable.

Whatever the case, I'm really tempted to get this, but they'll probably be making better and more improved versions for years to come.
It would have been fantastic to see a colour screen Pendulum Progress, but I suppose they're really banking on the nostalgia factor for this device, it would be nice to see them do the same revision to the Pendulum for its upcoming 25th Ann.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, colour me interested!

Never felt too strongly about coloured and backlit screens for v-pets, but since they've now done that with the Vital Bracelet I guess it makes sense to revisit the originals and give them the same treatment. The sprites are colourful and nicely detailed compared to those on the 20th anniversary website, so that's definitely a plus. It apparently not being compatible with other v-pets is disappointing - I guess that might be to do with the hardware being completely different - but at least it still has a one player battle mode.

I only plan on getting a V1, but after all the other v-pets in the last few years I could do without Bandai's tactic of making you want both for the 'complete' experience (i.e. unlockable Digimon).

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the version 1 has the version 2 background already programmed in and the inverse for version 2.
If they only have 2 pictures programmed each it can show that they didn't plan for future versions or if it's actually importing the image from other v-pets then it could be possible to trick the v-pets into having custom backgrounds :unsure:

Olive

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since they have usb charging we will be 100% able to mess with these no question, it’s just about when.

I hope they make a pendulum (although I’m really hoping for more of these first).

I’m gonna put an order in for 5 at From Japan, just trying to decide which color to get the extra of - maybe black I don’t know!

jadmaestro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, can anyone would be kind enough to provide the link for pre order. I couldn't find it on the pbandai page

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because as Marc put, also in the first post, you cannot pre-order directly from the JP site. (currently not up on the USA P-Bandai) You have to use an intermediary!

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one random and insignificant detail I noticed seeing the sprites of the V1 megas side by side was that BlitzGreymon has yellow eyes, BanchoMamemon has red eyes, and ShinMonzaemon has one red eye and a yellow eye. I think this coincidence is neat also the red of BlitzGreymon and blue of BanchoMamemon make purple

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one random and insignificant detail I noticed seeing the sprites of the V1 megas side by side was that BlitzGreymon has yellow eyes, BanchoMamemon has red eyes, and ShinMonzaemon has one red eye and a yellow eye. I think this coincidence is neat also the red of BlitzGreymon and blue of BanchoMamemon make purple
Interesting. Let me add some.
CresGarurumon is gold. Ebemon is white. SkullMammon is gold and white.
All three have the red things in their bodies and thr 16x16 sprites show those. Red nose and emblem, red cable, and red digicore.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
CresGarurumon is gold. Ebemon is white. SkullMammon is gold and white.
honestly, we don't need to categorize the V2 colors as it's more interesting that all three have the same palette. The only thing is that Ebemon is the only one that doesn't use purple but CresGarurumon omits the purple from its sprite. But it's still really impressive all 3 have almost entirely white, red, silver, and gold in their sprites as I'm almost certain it's just a coincidence

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Other (insignificant) thing that interests me actually the connection between BanchoMamemon and SkullMammon.

Blitz and Cres have Alter S. Shin and Ebe have this cosmic horror thing. Bancho and Skull actually can be the mini and the big. Or maybe SkullMammon could be BanchoMamemon's horse.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Other (insignificant) thing that interests me actually the connection between BanchoMamemon and SkullMammon.

Blitz and Cres have Alter S. Shin and Ebe have this cosmic horror thing. Bancho and Skull actually can be the mini and the big. Or maybe SkullMammon could be BanchoMamemon's horse.

I can't think of anything for BanchoMamemon and SkullMammothmon other than both being Digimon I really like but BanchoMamemon has a lot in common with CresGarurumon as they're both data types that evolve from Mamemons and can be achieved through identical raising histories

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I can't think of anything for BanchoMamemon and SkullMammothmon other than both being Digimon I really like but BanchoMamemon has a lot in common with CresGarurumon as they're both data types that evolve from Mamemons and can be achieved through identical raising histories
Skull Mammon really should have been replaced with something new like maybe Plutomon.

Aside from both being made of bones Skull Mammon and Skull Greymon are antithetical to each other what with one being a deadly murder machine and the other being a dedicated protector.

I mean, heck an Ultimate Skull Garurumon would have been both more fitting and Mirrored Metal Greymon and Metal Garurumon being a level apart. It would also fit better with the Version 2 being Gabumon themed.

Skull Mammon and Pinnochimon were the two “meh” choices for the V20 Digital Monster.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The connection in Kabuterimon-SkullGreymon-SkullMammon is that they have no intelligence.
For the randomness of a v-pet, I love the choice they made. And I think SkullMammon fit to be the opposite of BanchoMamemon who is super small.
A mammoth and a bean. The big and the mini.

Just like some other counterparts in both versions. Devil and Angel, Fire and Ice.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The connection in Kabuterimon-SkullGreymon-SkullMammon is that they have no intelligence.
I wasn’t even aware of that until I just looked it up. How utterly bizarre given that the Kabuterimon line has become associated with knowledge and intelligence even running the school/gym in Digimon World.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn’t even aware of that until I just looked it up. How utterly bizarre given that the Kabuterimon line has become associated with knowledge and intelligence even running the school/gym in Digimon World.
We can say this species of Kabuterimon with no intelligence is the v-pet one. Especially in the V2. Since the profile was meant to describe the v-pet species because Kabuterimon debuted there. (Not to mention Kabuterimon was designed to be a preevolution of SkullGreymon from the jaw, the legs)

And this is one of the things I love about Digimon. A profile is a report when a digimon is discovered. And sometimes a profile doesn't represent all digimon in the same species. That's when we got the smart Kabuterimon in World and Adventure/:.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They also could've just used Gaiomon, a Virus Greymon species.

But then, it seems they want to have the Vaccine, Data, Virus trio and Ebemon already took the Virus slot in that instance.

The SkullMammothmon sprite also looks like all they did was slap a helmet on SkullGreymon's sprite. Seems like it might actually be the X version since it seems to be stood on two legs...

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They also could've just used Gaiomon, a Virus Greymon species.

But then, it seems they want to have the Vaccine, Data, Virus trio and Ebemon already took the Virus slot in that instance.

I mean, EBEmon wasn't in the Version 20th. And the Ver. 5 Ultimates are both Viruses (Mugendramon and Pinochimon).

The SkullMammothmon sprite also looks like all they did was slap a helmet on SkullGreymon's sprite. Seems like it might actually be the X version since it seems to be stood on two legs...

That's what SkullMammon's original sprite in the Pendulum looked like.

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If anything, I think SkullMammothmon X being a biped is based on the Pendulum sprite