Digimon Color V-Pet Version 1 & 2- Pre-Order Details, Images, Info, & Promo Video

Elsa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoo boy, glad we finally get classic Vpet in color. I only have one minor issue, I just saw the training on Color ver. 2 and I sincerely wish they make it easier unlike the original Vpet ver. 2... Otherwise that would be a bit unfortunate.

Loke

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This looks cool, but it's a shame it's so expensive. I kind of wish it was a different vpet with more gameplay options than just another brick, even if it's in color.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure, we'll get a 3,4 & 5 out of this, but I would definitely be interested in seing an attempt to give Giromon, Piximon & Datamon a mega form.

Giromon: can't become HiAndromon because it's already on the same device, but maybe Craniamon
Piximon: Jijimon or Babamon, maybe even something more conventionally cool and unexpected like ClavisAngemon
Datamon: Can't be Ebemon, because of Vpet 2.0, but maybe Parasimon or a MegaDatamon, which is like Machinedramon conceptionally but a mech instead of a dinosaur.

Also they could fix Aegisdramon & RustTyrannomon being in opposite levels. Maybe if Megadramon becomes Machinedramon instead of Aegisdramon on Vpet 4.0 and MetalTyrannomon becomes RustTyrannomon instead of Machinedramon on Vpet 5.0. RustTyrannomon is no longer a Lv. 7 jogress and we just forget about Aegisdramon, lol.

Olive

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoo boy, glad we finally get classic Vpet in color. I only have one minor issue, I just saw the training on Color ver. 2 and I sincerely wish they make it easier unlike the original Vpet ver. 2... Otherwise that would be a bit unfortunate.

They already showed it was the slower version (I believe from 5.0).

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just complaining about how they hadn't made color versions a few days ago. I gladly ordered a V2. Apprehensive to see how well the rechargeable battery will work.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure, we'll get a 3,4 & 5 out of this, but I would definitely be interested in seing an attempt to give Giromon, Piximon & Datamon a mega form.

Giromon: can't become HiAndromon because it's already on the same device, but maybe Craniamon
Piximon: Jijimon or Babamon, maybe even something more conventionally cool and unexpected like ClavisAngemon
Datamon: Can't be Ebemon, because of Vpet 2.0, but maybe Parasimon or a MegaDatamon, which is like Machinedramon conceptionally but a mech instead of a dinosaur.

Also they could fix Aegisdramon & RustTyrannomon being in opposite levels. Maybe if Megadramon becomes Machinedramon instead of Aegisdramon on Vpet 4.0 and MetalTyrannomon becomes RustTyrannomon instead of Machinedramon on Vpet 5.0. RustTyrannomon is no longer a Lv. 7 jogress and we just forget about Aegisdramon, lol.
Like give Datamon a mega inspired by one the mobile suites from Gundam.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They probably can't put that many Digimon one Digivice and still be able to make it full color. Unless they make it the same size as the Japanese Xros Loader toy. Probably a technical issue or something. I mean, look at the DIM Cards. Even the new BEMEMORY Dim cards will only be able to hold up to 23 Digimon
They absolutely could put the content of the 20th Anniversary on this device, they just chose not too, the number of 'mons is a marketing/merchandising choice, not a technical limitation.

That said, I've just pre-ordered them all, it's a great idea to play on the nostalgia with these things and I hope to see more like this.
I’m honestly surprised/annoyed they didn’t go ahead and add MetalGreymon Vaccine, WarGreymon, WereGarurumon, MetalGarurumon, and Omegamon to these. Especially given that would give each version an equal number of characters.

Actar

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy moly. Finally, a V-Pet with a color screen. However, I do have some critiques and reservations. Firstly, while it's great that we finally got a color screen, I'm kinda sad that we didn't get updated high-resolution sprites and animations like:
cUp4iFk.jpg

Also, I'm very, very skeptical about those rechargeable batteries, especially for toys. Tons of vintage V-Pets still run fine today and are highly collectible, but I do not see ones with rechargeable batteries lasting that long or being easily replaceable.

Whatever the case, I'm really tempted to get this, but they'll probably be making better and more improved versions for years to come.

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I’d love Pixiemon to get Jijimon, but I pray Giromon and Nanomon get brand new evos.

Yeah, I always felt how they handled Aegisdramon in the Ver 20th was a bit odd. I guess the logic behind Megadramon to Aegisdramon is Crack Team based 🤷‍♂️. I’m pretty sure they’ll leave it as is.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy moly. Finally, a V-Pet with a color screen. However, I do have some critiques and reservations. Firstly, while it's great that we finally got a color screen, I'm kinda sad that we didn't get updated high-resolution sprites and animations like:
cUp4iFk.jpg

Also, I'm very, very skeptical about those rechargeable batteries, especially for toys. Tons of vintage V-Pets still run fine today and are highly collectible, but I do not see ones with rechargeable batteries lasting that long or being easily replaceable.

Whatever the case, I'm really tempted to get this, but they'll probably be making better and more improved versions for years to come.

Why would you want that? It's such a bug change that it completely destroys the nostalgia factor and may as well just be an entirely new device worh a new shell. You know, like the Vital Braclet.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Olive

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We’ll see about battery, I mean there is a difference, but my gba sp and original ds’s are still fine so I’m optimistic.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I’d love Pixiemon to get Jijimon, but I pray Giromon and Nanomon get brand new evos.

Yeah, I always felt how they handled Aegisdramon in the Ver 20th was a bit odd. I guess the logic behind Megadramon to Aegisdramon is Crack Team based 🤷‍♂️. I’m pretty sure they’ll leave it as is.
Yeah there’s sadly not a lot of choice for Ultimate machines that aren’t more cyborg dragons. Which obviously doesn’t fit crazed Doctor Nanomon and vigilante Giromon.

In particular I’ve wanted Nanomon to evolve into a Mad Doctor Frakenmon Digimon that could explain who created Boltmon for a while now. Something like Vulcanusmon but Mary Shelly themed.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know that Version 5 is definitely a strong enough roster to sell but I never see fans of Version 3 or Version 4. I wonder if a hypothetical release of those would sell well outside of "collect them all" buyers?

Olive

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think a whole lot of people like 4, especially in SEA, and I’ve seen a good amount of support for 3 in the last couple years so who knows.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's most likely Alter S from the silhouette in the trailer.
It'd be most likely Alter S even without that just purely from the fact that Cresgarurumon and Blitzgreymon are in these.
While it's still obvious because it's DM, it could open other possibility without the silhouette. BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon are in Dim Card and Alter S hasn't joined the gang yet there.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And I find it hard to imagine what's the relation between ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon....
you said it yourself when Shin was revealed: its ooze is reminiscent of space.
But the supernatural dream eating qualities of ShinMonzaemon mixed with Ebemon's sci-fi themes can result in a ton of different interesting things. If you think about it, they're from opposite genres of fantasy- Magic and Sci-fi.

But I believe it to be Alter-S. It's just a hypothetical "what if"

Well the last memo said ShinMonzaemon's data came from the nightmare yeah? I failed to see how the nightmare have connections with the galaxy space?

But I find that sounds like it's very interesting if their Sci-fi and dreams mixed and resulted a new birth of jogress.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And I find it hard to imagine what's the relation between ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon....
you said it yourself when Shin was revealed: its ooze is reminiscent of space.
But the supernatural dream eating qualities of ShinMonzaemon mixed with Ebemon's sci-fi themes can result in a ton of different interesting things. If you think about it, they're from opposite genres of fantasy- Magic and Sci-fi.

But I believe it to be Alter-S. It's just a hypothetical "what if"

Well the last memo said ShinMonzaemon's data came from the nightmare yeah? I failed to see how the nightmare have connections with the galaxy space?

But I find that sounds like it's very interesting if their Sci-fi and dreams mixed and resulted a new birth of jogress.
To be fair, cosmic horror (namely Cthulhu Mythos) is a popular genre referenced across numerous pop culture. Lovecraft's works are known for both aliens and nightmares.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah I see. Cosmic horror. Huh so it goes pathetic dump data - mysterious stuffed animal suit with unspeakable powers - cosmic horror? If the final secret digimon got revealed and confirms it, then I find it to be acceptable design/evo line!

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah there’s sadly not a lot of choice for Ultimate machines that aren’t more cyborg dragons. Which obviously doesn’t fit crazed Doctor Nanomon and vigilante Giromon.

In particular I’ve wanted Nanomon to evolve into a Mad Doctor Frakenmon Digimon that could explain who created Boltmon for a while now. Something like Vulcanusmon but Mary Shelly themed.
That’s a pretty cool concept.

I know that Version 5 is definitely a strong enough roster to sell but I never see fans of Version 3 or Version 4. I wonder if a hypothetical release of those would sell well outside of "collect them all" buyers?
Fan of the Ver. 3 here. Although I am a collector it’s my favorite of the original Digital Monsters Vpet line. Originally, when I started this wonderful journey, it was a tie between the Ver 1 and Ver 3. The Ver 3 got an edge ahead of the Ver 1 because I could raise a lot of my favorite Ver 1 Digimon in a bunch of other virtual pets… Now as for the Ver 3 Digimon some of my favorites like Ogremon and Etemon were pretty unique. Once I got competitive the Ver 3 won out because of Etemon. I also love the Version 5 but I think it’s because of how personal it is for me.