Digimon Color V-Pet Version 1 & 2- Pre-Order Details, Images, Info, & Promo Video

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimoncolor01_august29_2022.jpg

Wiith a stream coming later, we knew a big announcement was likely, especially with some prior teasers, but Bandai has decided to let the cat out of the bag early with the Digital Monster Color V-Pets!

First, a promo video...

Digimon 25th anniversary.

That LCD Toy is coming back in COLOR!

digimoncolor02_august29_2022.jpg

Version 1 and 2 each available in 2 colors:
1- Brown and Gray
2- White and Black

The Version 2 colors haven't been reprinted before.

If you buy a V1, both colors have the same content, if you buy a V2, both colors have the same content.

digimoncolor03_august29_2022.jpg

Not just the characters are in color, the entire display.

You can also change the background. You get the background of the other version by connecting them.

The Digimon Color can only connect to the Digimon Color as far as connectivity goes.

The 1st Digimon returns in Color!
Memories of those come back in color!

Colorize!

digimoncolor04_august29_2022.jpg

New design based on the original.

Not just a color screen, but a rechargeable battery, that charges via USB-C.

Modernized without compromising the size

digimoncolor05_august29_2022.jpg

Lineup based on the original, with 18 Digimon per V-Pet.

All Perfects now become Ultimate!

ShinMonzaemon from Monzaemon in the V1.
Ebemon for Vademon in the V2.

Plus... a Digimon will appear be joining the different version (in both versions.)

digimoncolor06_august29_2022.jpg

Each version has raising functions that reproduces the product of that era, nostalgia to the MAX!

Enjoy training as it was in the product from then!

The nostalgic raising and battle elements are also now in color!

1 person battle system!
It has a battle mode that allows you to play alone even!
If you don't have a battle partner, you can play with the recorded Digimon.

digimoncolor07_august29_2022.jpg

In addition to recreating items from that era, user support functionsa re enhanced!
Easier to play with the support functions!

Training speed increased!
Cold mode- Growth stops and stomach and strength stay the same!
Backup- You can save 1 Digimon as a backup!

Bonus item...

digimoncolor08_august29_2022.jpg

Get a mini-shikishi by Kenji Watanabe!

Including a mini-shikishi featuring Tyranomon art by Kenji Watanabe, called Digimon 25th Anniversary Shikishi- Version Digimon Origin

Will translate if there is time later.

Various sprites were animated to show off the color, they are in the quote box below...

digimoncolor10_august29_2022.jpg
digimoncolor09_august29_2022.jpg
Pre-orders open at Premium Bandai about 3 hours after the time of this post. Each is 6,930 yen. Pre-orders close on September 30th and they ship in February 2023.
デジタルモンスターCOLOR (オリジナルブラウン/オリジナルグレー/Ver.2 オリジナルホワイト/Ver.2 オリジナルブラック)

Many intermediaries will require color choices as written on the page:
V1 Brown
オリジナルブラウン
V1 Gray
オリジナルグレー
V2 White
Ver.2 オリジナルホワイト
V2 Black
Ver.2 オリジナルブラック

Minus the relatively small lineups being the original (with the added Ultimates), this is what a lot of people have wanted for years. Full color screen and sprites, the shells have been made a bit nicer, rechargeable battery using the most common mobile device cable. Bit pricey, but this lines up pretty solidly with what people have wanted.

A few extra bits...

Premium Bandai Japan is currently harder to access, so a bit extra for those who want to pre-order and not wait to see if there is an international release.

Some intermediaries will want not only want the urls of the items above, but may ask for the product name in Japanese as written on the page. Those names are given above, directly below the pre-order links.

If you want to be sure to nab something...

We've currently pared down the list of intermediaries we list due to some places closing and others becoming iffy in their communication, calling into question their reliability. If you have any stories, positive or negative, about any intermediaries, DM me with them so we can figure out who might be worth adding (or re-adding), since these aren't affiliate links or anything, simply suggested ways to make it easier for fans to nab stuff.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 8,890

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was already going to sweep this up as I'm a sucker for the V1 roster but you're telling me it's chargeable on type c!?
Holy moley, it really takes something this simple to get me hype!

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't believe they are finally doing it. Can't wait to grab these.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Stop, stop, my wallet is already dead!

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus... a Digimon will appear be joining the different version (in both versions.)
lol Do they really think that's going to surprise anyone? I wonder if there's going to be an anneveresy mon in this one

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The charging cable is pretty fantastic. The VB is good enough for me, but if that's done by the time these get a localization, I'd be really tempted.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was confused for a moment that it's written that there's 18 digimon per v-pet when I counted 17 each until I read the teaser of a hidden character from interacting both versions.
I know it's Omnimon Alter S but what would be beautiful is if it's a surprise ShinMonzaemon Ebemon jogress instead. But I know Omni fanboys would be upset if it's omitted

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Do they really think that's going to surprise anyone? I wonder if there's going to be an anneveresy mon in this one
Fans: Alter-S right?
Bandai: no. It's a jogress form of ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon.

If yes, that sure will be a surprise.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if it's really a new digimon. The last few pet series released and some didn't come with new digimon(s). And I find it hard to imagine what's the relation between ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon....

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know if it's really a new digimon. The last few pet series released and some didn't come with new digimon(s). And I find it hard to imagine what's the relation between ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon....
It's most likely Alter S from the silhouette in the trailer.

ShinMonzaemon has that galaxy goo thing while Ebemon is a robot created from alien. They could become GraceNovamon's best friend in outer space of Digiworld.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And I find it hard to imagine what's the relation between ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon....
you said it yourself when Shin was revealed: its ooze is reminiscent of space.
But the supernatural dream eating qualities of ShinMonzaemon mixed with Ebemon's sci-fi themes can result in a ton of different interesting things. If you think about it, they're from opposite genres of fantasy- Magic and Sci-fi.

But I believe it to be Alter-S. It's just a hypothetical "what if"

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After all these years, we FINALLY get a colour V-pet!!! Very nice to see ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon here, too!
Though, I gotta say I'm disappointed that they've taken a massive step backwards from the Version 20th/Revival and separated the rosters back into individual versions. Getting all 5 versions (if they even do V3 to V5) is going to be very expensive 😓

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After all these years, we FINALLY get a colour V-pet!!! Very nice to see ShinMonzaemon and Ebemon here, too!
Though, I gotta say I'm disappointed that they've taken a massive step backwards from the Version 20th/Revival and separated the rosters back into individual versions. Getting all 5 versions (if they even do V3 to V5) is going to be very expensive 😓
They probably can't put that many Digimon one Digivice and still be able to make it full color. Unless they make it the same size as the Japanese Xros Loader toy. Probably a technical issue or something. I mean, look at the DIM Cards. Even the new BEMEMORY Dim cards will only be able to hold up to 23 Digimon.

Last edited:

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised it took this long for the OG vpet te be in colour

Unrealx206

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They probably can't put that many Digimon one Digivice and still be able to make it full color. Unless they make it the same size as the Japanese Xros Loader toy. Probably a technical issue or something. I mean, look at the DIM Cards. Even the new BEMEMORY Dim cards will only be able to hold up to 23 Digimon
They absolutely could put the content of the 20th Anniversary on this device, they just chose not too, the number of 'mons is a marketing/merchandising choice, not a technical limitation.

That said, I've just pre-ordered them all, it's a great idea to play on the nostalgia with these things and I hope to see more like this.

Quinnzel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can anyone confirm whether or not the screens are also backlit? I'm just a tad wary of the fact that it seems not to be mentioned anywhere...

Olive

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Being right never felt so good!

I really really really hope they make a 3+4 and 5 too.
I’d love clear shells, and (besides v2)
4 and 5 are my favorite!

Edit: They are backlit
@Quinnzel

RogueX4

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uff it feels like the Ver.2 once again got the lower end of the deal. I hope we get Color Versions of the Ver.3, Ver.4, and Ver.5 (maybe an official Bandai Japan Ver.6?). In addition I do hope all three will get new evos (if not then please let Giromon and Nanomon get new evos). Ver 1, Ver 3, and Ver 5 are my favorites. I imagine Ver 4 will be compatible with Ver 5 (Rustyranomon) leaving the Ver 3 alone again… unless we do get a Ver 6?

Still I will gladly pick them up! They look beautiful. I suppose they’ll be my birthday gift. I imagine it’s safe to say this was the prototype that was shown of, right?