Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 7, New Digimon, Another Teaser

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this time, the only one who actually wants a real defeat is me. Examon was defeated, still 11 RKs and one god to go. If RKs are gonna revive or X evolve after they are defeated, there would be nothing to be interested in. No casualties from the good guys makes the plot boring and repetitive. So Examon, be a good guy and go for good. You were a great RK who bravely rushed to the dark area and tried your best to stop the rampage. It's not your fault that one of the seven great lords was behind the final attack. So die please. RIP dear Examon, the brave. Don't kill Lilithmon X's hype for no reason. Thanks huge RK.

Last edited:

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Examon!

Hopefully he'll get an X form soon so he can get his payback, though I'm curious how they'll handle the design of that.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this time, the only one who actually wants a real defeat is me. Examon was defeated, still 11 RKs and one god to go. If RKs are gonna revive or X evolve after they are defeated, there would be nothing to be interested in. No casualties from the good guys makes the plot boring and repetitive.
It doesn't really matter because the plot... isn't really a plot. It's not like any of the Royal Knights have character arcs or could be called characters in the context of this in the first place. It's not meant to be a polished narrative, just a general scenario of "shit is going down" to make people excited for the new V-Pet. It's likely that there won't even be much of a resolution besides some super final clash that your V-pet Digimon is implied to win.

Basically treating it as an actual narrative like a manga or anime is... just kind of expecting too much.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It doesn't really matter because the plot... isn't really a plot. It's not like any of the Royal Knights have character arcs or could be called characters in the context of this in the first place. It's not meant to be a polished narrative, just a general scenario of "shit is going down" to make people excited for the new V-Pet. It's likely that there won't even be much of a resolution besides some super final clash that your V-pet Digimon is implied to win.

Basically treating it as an actual narrative like a manga or anime is... just kind of expecting too much.
It's exacly as you said. My bad, it was such a good written story that I completely forgot it's true purpose. It's way more better than the whole Adventure Tri shit, they should make a full plot of it in the form of a manga or anime. Thanks for reminding me bro.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love everything about Lilithmon X, except maybe the shoes, but they work to emulate the small legs of a butterfly

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if I'm understanding correctly, GranDracmon is killing Digimon and forcing them to undergo Death-X Evolution, then sends to the Dark Area - which Lilithmon then uses in her army to break free of said Dark Area, after which Lucemon plans to make the other 6 his minions, murder the Royal Knights, and then end the entire Digimon Mutliverse? (since it said it want to end all Digital Worlds). that's pretty crazy if so

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if I'm understanding correctly, GranDracmon is killing Digimon and forcing them to undergo Death-X Evolution, then sends to the Dark Area - which Lilithmon then uses in her army to break free of said Dark Area, after which Lucemon plans to make the other 6 his minions, murder the Royal Knights, and then end the entire Digimon Mutliverse? (since it said it want to end all Digital Worlds). that's pretty crazy if so
There really isn't anything multiversal going on. That would imply that other parts of the franchise could be influenced by those events, which ...let's not kid ourselves, they won't.
And of course.. Lucemon's blurb about wanting to end "all Digital Worlds" doesn't automatically signify anything multiversal in the overall franchise canon sense since in the current universe alone there are multiple Digital Worlds. So "all Digital Worlds" probably just means all Digital Worlds that have been established in that particular profile continuity/universe, which would be the Old Digital World, the New Digital World, Digital World Illiad, Witchenly, wherever Nanimon and Parrotmon come from etc.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There really isn't anything multiversal going on. That would imply that other parts of the franchise could be influenced by those events, which ...let's not kid ourselves, they won't.
And of course.. Lucemon's blurb about wanting to end "all Digital Worlds" doesn't automatically signify anything multiversal in the overall franchise canon sense since in the current universe alone there are multiple Digital Worlds. So "all Digital Worlds" probably just means all Digital Worlds that have been established in that particular profile continuity/universe, which would be the Old Digital World, the New Digital World, Digital World Illiad, Witchenly, wherever Nanimon and Parrotmon come from etc.
Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been stated recently. Cyber Sleuth states that killing a Demon Lord makes the DLs in other universes stronger, and in Next Order, Alter-B wants to destroy all Digital Worlds so that he can merge them all together and rule it.

In both games, we have multiple alternate universes cross over, with Dawn/Dusk (sayo)+Cyber+ReDigitize (Rina+Mirei)+World 1 (Mameo)+Next Order+Adventure (meicoomon) all crossing over combined in both games, which likely means part of Alter-B's plan is to destroy those universes DWs+others. each are stated to be from other universes and the fact that killing a demon lord powers up all other demon lords in other universes is already multiversal stuff, so when aiba kills the 7 demon lords in cyber sleuth, all over demon lords get more powerful based on DSCS's lore. (and two sets of different universes SGDLs are killed in this quest thanks cyber sleuth lol)

So they wont actually be effected, but it does imply they would be if lucemon is actually successful with his plan.

I mean, we can't count cyber sleuth lore for all of the franchise I guess, but the way I'm seeing is that lucemon wants to take out the entire digimon multiverse here

but your point is an interesting one about stuff like Witchelny

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been stated recently. Cyber Sleuth states that killing a Demon Lord makes the DLs in other universes stronger, and in Next Order, Alter-B wants to destroy all Digital Worlds so that he can merge them all together and rule it.

In both games, we have multiple alternate universes cross over, with Dawn/Dusk (sayo)+Cyber+ReDigitize (Rina+Mirei)+World 1 (Mameo)+Next Order+Adventure (meicoomon) all crossing over combined in both games, which likely means part of Alter-B's plan is to destroy those universes DWs+others. each are stated to be from other universes and the fact that killing a demon lord powers up all other demon lords in other universes is already multiversal stuff, so when aiba kills the 7 demon lords in cyber sleuth, all over demon lords get more powerful based on DSCS's lore. (and two sets of different universes SGDLs are killed in this quest thanks cyber sleuth lol)

So they wont actually be effected, but it does imply they would be if lucemon is actually successful with his plan.

I mean, we can't count cyber sleuth lore for all of the franchise I guess, but the way I'm seeing is that lucemon wants to take out the entire digimon multiverse here

but your point is an interesting one about stuff like Witchelny
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World: Next 0rder are big-budget video games that were readily available not only throughout Japan,but across the world.
Digimon Chronicle X is a marketing campaign for the Digital Monster X Virtual Pets, which are online-order only. They aren't even remotely comparable.

I think that's Theigno's point.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, it doesnt matter whether or not Lucemon X Antibody plans to destroy the entire Digimon Omniverse or just a universe. Hes not going to succeed and the other universes wont be effected.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
5 unidentified Evil ones are probably remains unknown just for the sake of the plot story forever.

But TMS is right about one among them, it does belong to VenomVamdemon.

The top above is pretty much common-looking one. Two X forehead ones I shouldn't say it's Dracomon X, I seriously doubt.
Other one with X on odd place located on its "nose" is probably interesting one. It'd be nice if they will be revealed as new ones with X forms like Renamon X and others but specifically for Virus types.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
5 unidentified Evil ones are probably remains unknown just for the sake of the plot story forever.

But TMS is right about one among them, it does belong to VenomVamdemon.

The top above is pretty much common-looking one. Two X forehead ones I shouldn't say it's Dracomon X, I seriously doubt.
Other one with X on odd place located on its "nose" is probably interesting one. It'd be nice if they will be revealed as new ones with X forms like Renamon X and others but specifically for Virus types.
I can see one as Bagramon X. Why only bring in Dark Knightmon and not include Bagramon? I can also see Malo Myotismon and Machinedramon getting a X forms too. With Dexmon and GranDracmon already X-antibody, why not get the strongest of the strongest?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see one as Bagramon X. Why only bring in Dark Knightmon and not include Bagramon?
It's been done before, and it's not like DarkKnightmon popped up out of nowhere within the recent V-Pets. DarkKnightmon is a Perfect-level evolution for Impmon/Phascomon in the Pendulum ver.20th.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well instead of BelialVademon, yet we still didn't have Vamdemon X.... DarkKnightmon X is just a huge surprise maybe it's digimon staff's favorite but Vamdemon is supposed to be their favorite :/

Oh I wish Voltobautamon gets X antibody just like BelleStarrmon X does.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love her design. I like how it evokes the Monarch butterfly, a huge symbol in occultism. The eyes are a nice touch too and visually add in the Nazar element.

Not a huge fan of her crest wing although it gives her a crazed uneven look, wish it was less simple and more elaborate like her other wing. Overall I'm glad it's not overly sexual, I love the vivid gradients, it gives her a playful and chaotic vibe that fits her well.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. Not the obvious joke I thought it'd be but still, this is a really nice look. Very evil yet beautiful. Great work.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World: Next 0rder are big-budget video games that were readily available not only throughout Japan,but across the world.
Digimon Chronicle X is a marketing campaign for the Digital Monster X Virtual Pets, which are online-order only. They aren't even remotely comparable.

I think that's Theigno's point.
Overall Significance is a factor but in general my point was rather that multidimensional claims are made about a scenario that so far has not even mentioned or acknowledged explicit connections to universes of other continuities with the only “supporting” statement being perfectly explainable without involving any other part of the multiverse.

Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been stated recently.
...And? "OMG all worlds" had been a generic Digimon villain thing since 02 and it's never been practically relevant. It's especially not relevant when it comes up in a different context in an unrelated story.

Cyber Sleuth states that killing a Demon Lord makes the DLs in other universes stronger, and in Next Order, Alter-B wants to destroy all Digital Worlds so that he can merge them all together and rule it.

In both games, we have multiple alternate universes cross over, with Dawn/Dusk (sayo)+Cyber+ReDigitize (Rina+Mirei)+World 1 (Mameo)+Next Order+Adventure (meicoomon) all crossing over combined in both games, which likely means part of Alter-B's plan is to destroy those universes DWs+others.
And nothing about this has any relevance for the V-pet Lore. You can argue that the events of Next 0rder would affect Digimon Story, Re.digitize, etc because those are explicitly part of that specific crossover scenario (Minus Adventure since nothing about the white fang stuff actually ties in with Tri), but as long as Chronicle X doesn’t do the same, that speculation is baseless.

I mean, we can't count cyber sleuth lore for all of the franchise
...Exactly. And realistically, unless it’s confirmed that involved writers are making a coordinated effort, it’s sensible to assume that the lore of different continuities is valid only for its source including parts of their lore that claims to make statements relevant to continuities outside itself.

Last edited: